• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Jack Kemp has passed away

WIVB-TV Ch. 4 in Buffalo is reporting that the AP is reporting that Jack Kemp has died at 73.

Before politics, Kemp was a professional quarterback for 13 years in the National Football League (NFL), Canadian Football League (CFL), and American Football League (AFL). He served as captain of both the San Diego Chargers and Buffalo Bills and earned the AFL Most Valuable Player award in 1965 after leading the Bills to a second consecutive championship. He played in the AFL for all 10 years of its existence, appeared in its All-Star game seven times, played in its championship game five times, and set many of the league's career passing records. Kemp also co-founded the AFL Players Association, for which he served five terms as president. During the early part of his football career, he served in the United States Army Reserve.

No link yet except his wikipedia entry has been updated.
    Last edited by Ebenezer; 05-02-2009, 09:22 PM.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • cordog
    eat, drink, and be merry
    • Apr 2003

Re: Jack Kemp is dead!

Jesus, what the hell is going on here? A few weeks ago there were rumors that Ralph had died, then his daughter passed earlier this week and now Jack Kemp. He was a great Bill and a great patriot. RIP Jack.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

Oh Man. This sucks. RIP Prayers to his family

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
        • Aug 2005

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
          • Apr 2005

WASHINGTON – Jack Kemp, the ex-quarterback, congressman, one-time vice-presidential nominee and self-described "bleeding-heart conservative" died Saturday.
          His spokeswoman Bona Park and longtime friend and former campaign adviser Edwin J. Feulner confirmed that Kemp died after a lengthy illness.
          Kemp had announced in January 2009 that he had been diagnosed with cancer. He said he was undergoing tests but gave no other detail.
          Kemp, a former quarterback for the Buffalo Bills, represented western New York for nine terms in Congress, leaving the House for an unsuccessful presidential bid in 1988.
          Eight years later, after serving a term as President George H.W. Bush's housing secretary, he made it onto the national ticket as Bob Dole's running-mate.

################################

Farewell Jack ! RIP

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• LtFinFan66
            • Mar 2005

Jack Kemp, the ex-quarterback, congressman, one-time vice-presidential nominee and self-described "bleeding-heart conservative" died Saturday.

Comment

• kid mickey
              • Apr 2009

When you get old, it happens. It is sad because we are talking about great people(Bogdan, Kemp), but their legacy lives on and my condolences go out to their family members.
              Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                • Jan 2003

Jack Kemp RIP

front page of CNN saying that Jack Kemp has passed.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                  In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Very sad- a great player and a great man

Comment

• clumping platelets

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Kemp, Saban and Linda Bogdan...It really does run in threes.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                        only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                        • Feb 2008

I might get bashed for this but your thread name sounds horrible. It sounds alot nicer if you right Jack Kemp died or passed. But dead just sounds bad. JMO

Comment

• Luisito23
                          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                          • Apr 2003

RIP Mr. Kemp. May God bless your soul, my thoughts and prayers are with his loved ones.
                          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

This is a sad year to be a bills fan.
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

• DANMAN
                              • Sep 2003

Our country and our Bills community have lost a great man.

I am too young to remember his football playing career. Never saw him play outside of an occasional faded highlight reel.

I knew him almost exclusively for his political career. He is one of the few politicians that I had real respect for. He was a compassionate Republican who gave a damn about the poor and the working class people. Wish more people in his party felt that way and worked as hard Jack did for the little guy.
                              He was always a great supporter of WNY and Buffalo. Truly a great public servent, would have been a damn good President too, in my opinion.

It's always sad to lose another Bills fan. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

RIP Jack Kemp

Comment

Working...
                              X