PDA

View Full Version : Does Terrance McGee get an extension?

kid mickey
05-03-2009, 12:54 AM
He is in his contract year and should be the main focus this year for the Bills. I say pay the man. He has done nothing but excel as a corner. We look pretty good in our secondary right now and I don't believe there are any impending FA's that make an impact on this team besides him next year. What do you guys think?

The Spaz
05-03-2009, 01:37 AM
With all the CB's we have on our roster I'm going to guess no.

clumping platelets
05-03-2009, 02:07 AM
I do not believe he'll be offered one

jimbohastle51
05-03-2009, 02:15 AM
i am sure we'll try to keep him but i think that he is going to have to take a home town discount to stay. he'll get a raise but it wont be nate clements money

Mitchell55
05-03-2009, 02:26 AM
He had a horrible year and after the draft we might trade him before next years up. If Corner and Youboty shows progress McGee needs to watch out.

SquishDaFish
05-03-2009, 06:49 AM
They will not trade him now. Too late for that. I think the Bills will offer him a contract after the year is out and he will prob leave for more to some other team

mybills
05-03-2009, 07:16 AM
Stop this leaving buffalo talk. I can't take it! :cry:

Pinkerton Security
05-03-2009, 10:02 AM
i really think they might, especially if Corner, Youboty or any one of our nickel backs play less than OK this year. If one of them shows some serious juice this year, i wouldnt be surprised to see them let him walk.

Mr. Pink
05-03-2009, 10:35 AM
See ya later Toast!

Enjoy being a nickle corner elsewhere.

seanbillsfan
05-03-2009, 11:11 AM
I dont think Mcgee is that good, but he will get a big contract somewhere else.

Stewie
05-03-2009, 11:28 AM
my prediction is franchise tag and trade

yordad
05-03-2009, 11:44 AM
I think McGee is still our best CB when healthy. There were times last year when he looked like our defensive MVP. Of course there were also times were he was lit up, but I fault the coach for playing him while injured and not giving McKelvin a chance vs Ginn.

As it is, I would love to sign him right now. As the year goes on though, the younger guys will have all the chance in the world to prove McGee is expendable.

kid mickey
05-03-2009, 12:28 PM
I hope they can resign him. I'm not sure what corner could come and take his job, I mean we may have some guys for the job, but nobody has proven they can do it yet.

The Juice Is Loose
05-03-2009, 12:55 PM
McGee is one of the guys who they love and loves them. He'll extend for below his market value before his contract is up.

Bet on it.

venis2k1
05-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Depends who our coach is in 2010.

kid mickey
05-03-2009, 01:00 PM
I think they can get him for 5.5 to 6 mil a season. Give him a 4 year deal and be happy with it. He is a staple in our D. Hope they get it done.

The Spaz
05-03-2009, 01:52 PM
my prediction is franchise tag and trade

No way the Bills get a 1st rounder for him.

Kenny
05-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Depends on the $$$

We've let significantly better CB's go recently (Winfield, Clements), and with the number of backs we have already, McGee shouldnt be a huge priority.

kid mickey
05-03-2009, 02:20 PM
McGee won't command huge dollars. If we let him go, who would take his place? Youboty? He hasn't exactly been dependable. Corner? The guy is a solid nickel back, but we don't know if he could cover a number two WR, Florence is a nickel guy, and you really can't count on Harris or Lankster to do much. Although I do see both guys making the squad.

trapezeus
05-03-2009, 02:33 PM
i doubt we offer him a contract. we take 2 CB's a year every draft on average. that makes me think that we'll do ok without mcgee. of course, this team's issue isn't the secondary. it's on the DL and the LB core. they must get faster and stronger.

kid mickey
05-03-2009, 02:55 PM
They let Greer walk solely because I believe they like McGee better. I really hope the Bills keep him around. They should be working on an extension right now. You don't let a solid corner walk if you can get him at a reasonable price. I just don't like the idea of the Bills letting him go and having nobody to take his place. We have a whole bunch of nickel corners on our squad. Maybe if somebody steps up big this year we can let him walk, but who do you think steps up big?

Ed
05-03-2009, 06:08 PM
I talked to Chris Brown before the Bronco game and was asking about extending Greer. He said it was unlikely because the Bills want to extend McGee and already had a lot invested in McKelvin. So it wouldn't surprise me if we see McGee get extended this summer before the season even starts.

yordad
05-03-2009, 10:11 PM
No way the Bills get a 1st rounder for him.They don't have to get a first if they trade him.

The Spaz
05-03-2009, 10:59 PM
They don't have to get a first if they trade him.

Don't have to is right but why the franchise and try and trade him if you won't get more than a 3rd IMO? Who knows how Cassell will do with the Chiefs but he was traded for a 2nd and I don't think McGee is worth a 2nd for sure.

acehole
05-04-2009, 06:42 AM
no

Bruce is Loose
05-04-2009, 07:33 AM
Who only has one year left other than McGee?

OpIv37
05-04-2009, 07:51 AM
this is yet another reason why it was incredibly stupid for the FO to let Greer go instead of re-signing him. He went to NO something in the 4-year, $23 mil range, which is bargain-basement for a starting CB.

If we still had Greer, we could have either traded McGee this year or let him walk next year and gone with Greer, McKelvin, Corner and Youboty. Instead, next year we'll be down to Florence, McKelvin, Corner and Youboty.

I just don't see this FO keeping McGee. He'll get a big offer from someone, and he's getting up there for a CB. Consider him gone.

Beastie Bills
05-04-2009, 08:20 AM
I love McGee, but when's the last time we paid a CB?

mybills
05-04-2009, 09:01 AM
They let Greer go because he wasn't as good as McGee. The closest one showing potential is McKelvin..then Youboty. They have to be completely ready to take over. Right now, they're not. McGee gets extended.

mybills
05-04-2009, 09:02 AM
I talked to Chris Brown before the Bronco game and was asking about extending Greer. He said it was unlikely because the Bills want to extend McGee and already had a lot invested in McKelvin. So it wouldn't surprise me if we see McGee get extended this summer before the season even starts.
:up:

OpIv37
05-04-2009, 09:06 AM
They let Greer go because he wasn't as good as McGee. The closest one showing potential is McKelvin..then Youboty. They have to be completely ready to take over. Right now, they're not. McGee gets extended.

well after this season they're both gone.

Whether McGee is better than Greer is debatable, but we gave up Greer for ONE more season of McGee. There's no way the difference between the two is worth losing both starting CB's in two off-seasons, which will be the end result.

yordad
05-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Who only has one year left other than McGee?Fred Jackson :idunno:, but he would then be restricted.

mybills
05-04-2009, 09:24 AM
It's not debatable, Op..my boy is better. :D

billsfanone
05-04-2009, 09:55 AM
I like McGee. Don't see why there is so much hate in this thread. I think he's above average CB with no help from any passrush.

OpIv37
05-04-2009, 09:55 AM
It's not debatable, Op..my boy is better. :D

there are a lot of people who know a lot about football who disagree. but it's really irrelevant because Greer is gone and McGee will be gone within a year.

Ed
05-04-2009, 10:12 AM
My first choice was always to see us re-sign Greer and let McGee walk after this season. I thought he was the better player and was younger and had more upside. Plus McGee doesn't even return kicks anymore. With that said, at this point I hope both McGee and Youboty get re-signed.

Dr. Pepper
05-04-2009, 10:18 AM
there are a lot of people who know a lot about football who disagree. but it's really irrelevant because Greer is gone and McGee will be gone within a year.

who are these people? im not saying you're wrong, im just curious to know your sources... i always thought mcgee was supposed to be the better of the two.

Luisito23
05-04-2009, 10:24 AM
McGee is overrated, and his return skills have seen their best days...I really hope we don't sign him again.

mybills
05-04-2009, 10:39 AM
:roflmao:

Mr. Pink
05-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Honestly, we don't really need McGee anymore...

At least, that's why I would think we went corner heavy in recent drafts and the first round selection of McKelvin last year should solidify that opinion in everyone's mind.

While he's not terrible, he's not a top flight corner in this league and is nowhere near that level. On most teams he's at best a nickel corner and if someone is dumb enough to sign him to ridiculous money, that's their fault.