PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Camp Practice Notes: Day 3

The Spaz
05-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Rookie camp came to a conclusion shortly after noon on Sunday as Buffalo’s young prospects completed their fifth practice session in three days. Overall head coach Dick Jauron was pleased with what he got out of his young players.

“It went pretty well,” Jauron said. “We didn’t have much team work. We had a little bit of 7-on-7. Our drafted guys and college free agents performed well. Our tryout guys were outstanding.”

In fact of the 30 tryout players brought in for the weekend, Jauron believes anywhere from five to 10 players could be signed.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/rookie-camp-practice-notes-day-3/2e5d92db-7e29-47d6-8e68-4a71c889cb2e

Mitchell55
05-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Nice to know that there are alot of tryout players comming.

BillsWin
05-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Im glad to hear they are performing well. I know a couple of the tryout players have some chance of making the practice squad. That DT from USC may proove to be useful and I know Fagg is making some impressions. I'm really liking what I hear about Nelson.

jimbohastle51
05-03-2009, 02:38 PM
jauron said 5-10 of these guys will be signed to bring to camp. my guess from what i have heard and seen is decody fagg for sure. they like him with his size and hands and he would be practice squad elidgable in case he gets close to the 53 man and they want him but cant carry him also it would give them time to rehab his knee alittle more. the other 4 i see staying are the 2 "popular linemen" hennessey and bell also the linebacker ashlee palmer from ole miss and eliminian from hawaii as we are in need of depth at LB for training camp. also i am sure a DB or 2 might be brought as well since we love to have a ton of them in camp every year.

kid mickey
05-03-2009, 03:32 PM
This team has a thing for DB's. I bet Lankster and Cary Harris make the squad.

Goobylal
05-03-2009, 03:43 PM
That DT from USC may proove to be useful and I know Fagg is making some impressions.
Which DT from USC are you talking about? Gerald Washington? I thought he was a DE?

psubills62
05-03-2009, 03:47 PM
jauron said 5-10 of these guys will be signed to bring to camp. my guess from what i have heard and seen is decody fagg for sure. they like him with his size and hands and he would be practice squad elidgable in case he gets close to the 53 man and they want him but cant carry him also it would give them time to rehab his knee alittle more. the other 4 i see staying are the 2 "popular linemen" hennessey and bell also the linebacker ashlee palmer from ole miss and eliminian from hawaii as we are in need of depth at LB for training camp. also i am sure a DB or 2 might be brought as well since we love to have a ton of them in camp every year.

I think Tyrrell Herbert will be brought in as a DB. The guy has ball skills, and plays safety - a spot where Buffalo could use depth. He's physical and can cover a WR one-on-one.

The Spaz
05-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Which DT from USC are you talking about? Gerald Washington? I thought he was a DE?

He is.

Goobylal
05-03-2009, 04:42 PM
He is.
That's what I thought. He's 6'5" and 262#, and runs in the mid-4.6s. Sounds intriguing but likely won't amount to much.

BillsWin
05-03-2009, 04:49 PM
That is what I meant. DE.