• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Will Josh McDaniels flop?

I believe Josh McDaniels will be a terrible head coach. Ever since he was being hyped as the next coordinator to become a head coach, I just haven't been terribly impressed by him. I think that at this point, there's a lot of things working against him:

1) How many of Belichick's coordinators, etc. have left to become successful head coaches? Mangini had two decent seasons as a head coach, but overall hasn't seemed very good. Weis doesn't appear to be a very good college coach, Crennel was terrible in Cleveland, etc.

2) He screwed up with one of the only great Broncos player who isn't injured (Champ Bailey) or in trouble with the law (Marshall), then traded the franchise QB to get...Robert Ayers and someone in the second round, Richard Quinn I think?

3) His defensive line is still a question mark, and his draft was generally regarded as terrible, while trading away one of the first rounders for next year.

From all indications, it seems like he isn't strong enough to take charge of this team, and just doesn't seem like he'll be a very good head coach. I may be proved wrong this season, but I don't think he'll be a success at all.

What do you guys think?
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Re: Will Josh McDaniels flop?

That guy might not make it through this season. He already has alienated himself w/ the whole city b/c the fanbase loved Cutler. I'd be very surprised if he is successful.
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

Working...
    X