PDA

View Full Version : Fred Jackson

kid mickey
05-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Called out a lot of the players that have had questionable character concerns putting Russ Brandon on the hot seat. I think that he effed up big time and for that reason might get shafted by the Bills. What do you guys think?

Mitchell55
05-03-2009, 07:32 PM
What the ****?

The Spaz
05-03-2009, 07:39 PM
I thought it was his agent that said that?

circlethewagons
05-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Called out a lot of the players that have had questionable character concerns putting Russ Brandon on the hot seat. I think that he effed up big time and for that reason might get shafted by the Bills. What do you guys think?

For the record, it was his agent not fred himself, and he was just trying to use the media to gain priority in contract talks. Honestly i think as long as he doesn't hold out i think Fred will get an extension. The bills need him too badly the first 3 games of the season and were not talking Jason Peters money here. With the draft over and Jason Peters out the door i think Fred becomes a priority and im predicting something gets done in the next few months

elltrain22
05-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Fred isn't going anywhere, and Freddy will get paid, in due time, and all this **** that has been said will be a distant memory.

kid mickey
05-03-2009, 07:44 PM
I still think that was a bad move by his agent, regardless of whether those were Fred's actual feelings or not. It is not a smart way to go. I hope that they retain him or give him a better contract, but his agent really needs to relax.

ServoBillieves
05-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Bad move by the agent, but I know someone who knows Freddy personally. He loves Buffalo, they gave him a chance when no one else would. He's priority #2 (IMO) and will definitley get paid.

PromoTheRobot
05-03-2009, 08:41 PM
How exactly did those comments put Brandon in the hot seat?

PTR

kid mickey
05-03-2009, 09:21 PM
There were a lot of questions about the Bills targeting players that were lacking character. Why would an agent take a shot at the GM like that? Did you seriously ask that question? He has been fielding questions about character concerns every press conference he has been in. The guy is on the hot seat, because his players are effing up and Jackson's agent just makes it worse for him. You put a guy on the hot seat when you make smart ass comments on how the Bills are supposedly looking for high character guys and you don't give Jackson a new contract who has been nothing but a high character guy. It's bull**** in my opinion. Like Brandon knows every guy is gonna walk like the line. Its a pretty cheap shot. Every guy who happens to have "character" concerns just so happen to be signed.

Bert102176
05-04-2009, 03:07 AM
wouldn't surprise me alot of our good players get shafted by the Bills, D. Greer, A. Winfield, Nate Odoms, Pat Williams, T. Washington

Mr. Pink
05-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Fred should be the starter.

TacklingDummy
05-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Fred should be the starter. Agreed.

If he has 3 good games before Lynch comes back do the Bills switch back to Lynch or do they look to move Lynch in the off season?

Mr. Pink
05-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Agreed.

If he has 3 good games before Lynch comes back do the Bills switch back to Lynch or do they look to move Lynch in the off season?

Knowing this franchise, Fred's gonna have like 400 yards after the three games and end up going back to the bench. They won't do anything to resign him after the season is up and he'll light it up elsewhere.

billsfanone
05-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Forgetting Dominic Rhodes anyone?

Lexwhat
05-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Knowing this franchise, Fred's gonna have like 400 yards after the three games and end up going back to the bench. They won't do anything to resign him after the season is up and he'll light it up elsewhere.

This is what pisses me off. Fred Jackson has done all the right things, and he deserves a contract extension. He's invaluable to this team.

Russ Brandon is a moron if he lets Fred go.

justasportsfan
05-04-2009, 11:47 AM
with Rhodes now on the team, makes you wonder how much they will pay Jackson or if they will make him play for the tneder.

kid mickey
05-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Nobody should mistake Jackson to be a better back than Lynch. Its just not true. He racked up all those yards against New England because he was running the draw. A lot of lesser talented HB's can run the draw and make it work.

ddaryl
05-04-2009, 12:02 PM
I think jackson will get a pay day... if not then I'm disspaointed with the Bills.. BUT Jackson is still a RFA in 2010 I do beleive...

but as a RB he brings a change of style form Lynch, which is a good thing... However Jackson is a better receiver then Lynch, and I would like to see the Bills find creative ways to get Jackson the ball. I think Jackson motioning out wide as a WR is just another way we can gain mismatches on other teams

psubills62
05-04-2009, 12:03 PM

Not if a new CBA is put into place. Without a CBA, I believe Fred Jackson will be a RFA for two more years.

Relax, people, I'm sure the Bills are working on getting Fred Jackson a new contract. Unless his agent's comments really worked to freeze the ice between the two sides.

TacklingDummy
05-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Nobody should mistake Jackson to be a better back than Lynch. Its just not true. Jackson is the better overall back, it's true, it's true.

nateodoms'bff
05-04-2009, 01:01 PM
This is what pisses me off. Fred Jackson has done all the right things, and he deserves a contract extension. He's invaluable to this team.

Russ Brandon is a moron if he lets Fred go.

An undrafted rookie free agent that couldnt get on the field ahead of Anthony Thomas. A guy that is nothing special in that he doesn't do anything incredibly well, but is a better than average back-up for Lynch, is invaluable to this team? They could draft his replacement, or sign a guy with a super bowl ring to a two year deal like they did, to replace him.

Guys that call out the front office directly, or through their agents, rarely get big contracts from this team. Jason Peters said he loved Buffalo and said he wanted to stay here because they gave him a chance. He's gone now.

I like Fred just as a player too, but he is not invaluable. He can go away, and someone else will fill his role easily.

Lexwhat
05-04-2009, 01:06 PM
An undrafted rookie free agent that couldnt get on the field ahead of Anthony Thomas. A guy that is nothing special in that he doesn't do anything incredibly well, but is a better than average back-up for Lynch, is invaluable to this team? They could draft his replacement, or sign a guy with a super bowl ring to a two year deal like they did, to replace him.

Guys that call out the front office directly, or through their agents, rarely get big contracts from this team. Jason Peters said he loved Buffalo and said he wanted to stay here because they gave him a chance. He's gone now.

I like Fred just as a player too, but he is not invaluable. He can go away, and someone else will fill his role easily.

His role is not easily filled. Someone else may "replace" him, but that doesn't mean they will play as well as Fred.

Your post displays such a lack of football knowledge that I don't even know how to respond.