O-line: Walker - Levitre - Hangartner - Wood - Butler

WR Depth: Evans, Owens, Parrish, Reed

TE: Schou, Fine, Nelson

LCB: McGee, Mckelvin, Cary Harris
RCB: Youboty, Corner, Lankster

OLB2: Kawika, Ellison, Nic Harris

FS: Ko, George, Byrd

1) I know this may not mean much yet
2) I still find it interesting that they are already listing Wood and Levitre as starters, while no other rookie is even as high as 2nd at their respective position
3) I actually think this will be how it goes down in the regular season, as I dont see many rooks outside of our OL playing a lot early on at all.
4) Im a bit surprised McKelvin isnt lining up opposite McGee, but again this depth chart may not mean much.

Yasgur's Farm
05-04-2009, 08:52 AM
1. Wood and Levitre have to be listed as starters because there really is nobody else.

2. Vets will always be listed in front of rooks until rook proves otherwise.

3. This is obviously a work in progress... Duke Preston is listed as the #2 LS'r.

4. That's not how WR's are listed...
WR1- Evans, Parrish, Johnson
WR2- Owens, Reed, Hardy, Jenkins
I'd actually rank them as Evans, Owens, Reed, Hardy, Johnson, Parrish, Jenkins

Mahdi
05-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Wow. Youboty starter at RCB.

Pinkerton Security
05-04-2009, 08:55 AM
1. Wood and Levitre have to be listed as starters because there really is nobody else.

3. This is obviously a work in progress... Duke Preston is listed as the #2 LS'r.

all true points, but they could have put Chambers at a guard spot and...someone else...haha we really have no one do we??

What about Mclovin? Do you see him starting opposite McGee Week 1?

psubills62
05-04-2009, 08:55 AM
all true points, but they could have put Chambers at a guard spot and...someone else...haha we really have no one do we??

What about Mclovin? Do you see him starting opposite McGee Week 1?

McKinney's a veteran guard, they could have put him there.

Yasgur's Farm
05-04-2009, 08:58 AM
I got my projected 53 man roster in my siggy.

jamze132
05-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Ya know, when Yobouty was playing, our defense looked a lot better. And if the kid can stay healthy, we are going to have a very good CB corps.

kid mickey
05-04-2009, 12:49 PM
I want Youboty to get his ass on the field. He had starting CB potential. It just took him a while to get there.

casdhf
05-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Where is Florence?

Oaf
05-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Yeah, florence is missing and Schou over Fine is notable.

ServoBillieves
05-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Florence not listed, Wendling not listed... Hmm...

ServoBillieves
05-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Yeah, florence is missing and Schou over Fine is notable.

I think Schou gets the nod just because of seniority and better knowledge of the playbook/system

TigerJ
05-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Yeah, there are certainly some surprises there. It will undoubtably change though. September is a long ways away.

TigerJ
05-04-2009, 05:39 PM
If Youboty proves capable of both starting and staying healthy, the Bills will be in good shape for the future no matter what transpires between McGee and the Bills during the next offseason.

Ellison will have to work his tail off to keep his status as a starter

Nelson needs to work on his blocking and route running to start in the fall, but don't write him off yet.

Jairus Byrd will almost certainly start at FS.

ServoBillieves
05-04-2009, 05:44 PM
If Youboty proves capable of both starting and staying healthy, the Bills will be in good shape for the future no matter what transpires between McGee and the Bills during the next offseason.

Ellison will have to work his tail off to keep his status as a starter

Nelson needs to work on his blocking and route running to start in the fall, but don't write him off yet.

Jairus Byrd will almost certainly start at FS.

CB is set IMO, even without McGee. Ellison will not start, I'm putting my foot down on that. Nelson is purely a receiving threat his first year. Byrd will start down the road, probably pull a Whitner/Simpson from their first years, the second Ko or George goes down, he gets the nod and keeps it from there.

theanswer74
05-04-2009, 06:05 PM
So Duke Preston on special teams?

Night Train
05-05-2009, 02:25 AM
The depth chart they list has been all wrong for the last 4 years.

I once remember RB Anthony Thomas being listed as the starter for over a year. Whittle was a starting Guard even though he was not starting at all.

Ignore it.

bflobarry
05-06-2009, 10:14 AM

4. That's not how WR's are listed...
WR1- Evans, Parrish, Johnson
WR2- Owens, Reed, Hardy, Jenkins
I'd actually rank them as Evans, Owens, Reed, Hardy, Johnson, Parrish, Jenkins
Looks good, but we won't carry 6 safeties nor 6 corners, nor 7 recievers. I think Fine WILL start at TE. My biggest concern, by a lot, is LOLB, and of course getting Kelsay off the field. And PLS don't tell me "but Kelsay is solid against the run". Cuz, he is totally not.

bflobarry
05-06-2009, 10:29 AM
CB is set IMO, even without McGee. Ellison will not start, I'm putting my foot down on that. Nelson is purely a receiving threat his first year. Byrd will start down the road, probably pull a Whitner/Simpson from their first years, the second Ko or George goes down, he gets the nod and keeps it from there.
Ellison will not start? So you want to start a totally unknown, green rookie 5th rounder over a 4th year vet? We all know Ellison is a favorite whipping boy around here, but w/ out that stiff Kelsey in front of him, he will be better than a 5th round rookie, don't you think?

Pinkerton Security
05-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Ellison will not start? So you want to start a totally unknown, green rookie 5th rounder over a 4th year vet? We all know Ellison is a favorite whipping boy around here, but w/ out that stiff Kelsey in front of him, he will be better than a 5th round rookie, don't you think?

if i were a betting man, i'd bet a good amount of money that ellison will start, for the exact reasons you stated.

except Kelsay will be in front of him, at least for the most part early on. Maybin needs to get much better against the run before hes in there for more than 3rd downs and long yardage situations

Yasgur's Farm
05-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Looks good, but we won't carry 6 safeties nor 6 corners, nor 7 recievers. I think Fine WILL start at TE. My biggest concern, by a lot, is LOLB, and of course getting Kelsay off the field. And PLS don't tell me "but Kelsay is solid against the run". Cuz, he is totally not.Where do I call for 7 WR's?

I do think we'll carry 6 CB's and S's.

bflobarry
05-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Where do I call for 7 WR's?

I do think we'll carry 6 CB's and S's.
Sorry, I must have included Jenkins as #7. But no one carries 12 bd's- usually 10, maybe 11, never 12.

Yasgur's Farm
05-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Name a player or 2 you'd keep above those DB's... And what 2 DB's would you release?

bflobarry
05-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Well, there are no special teamers listed, not even a SPECIFIC long snapper, which we always carry. Corto and some of his ilk will stick; some of the 5-6 -7round picks won't stick; PS maybe). No big quibble; I just don't think I've ever seen 6 safeties,and usually just 5 active corners. On D, that's a lot of green rooks: Both Harris's, Bowen (inj), and McCargo are all iffy. I still think we may try to land an LOLB before the season, and my surprise pick for success this year is D. Fine. Just a hunch.....

Dying_-2-_Live
05-06-2009, 03:55 PM
can we ban this dude already? he hasnt posted a single thing except for ******ed pictures and is obviously just spamming.

Ill be honest though... That is the coolest piece of toast ever...