PDA

View Full Version : Bills’ Byrd a football magnet

The Spaz
05-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Buffalo Bills rookie safety Jairus Byrd has a hard time explaining his ability to get his hands on the football.

Over three years at the University of Oregon, Byrd intercepted 17 passes, broke up 53 more, forced four fumbles and recovered two fumbles.

The Bills have not had any player intercept 17 passes in a three-year span in the last 15 seasons. Buffalo doesn’t care whether he can explain it, as long as he keeps doing it now that he’s in a Bills uniform.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/660386.html

ddaryl
05-04-2009, 09:30 AM
I hope he is our D's have been woeful in the INT depatment

If Mckelvin can show improvement over last years INT's and Byrd chips in a with a few it will go a long way towards our D's improvement

Pinkerton Security
05-04-2009, 09:36 AM
know who else was a ball-hawking turnover machine in college? Ko Simpson, and Simpson received arguably more accolades than Byrd, but left as a sophomore. Ko still has tremendous ability, just doesnt seem to have the mental part down at all.

bigbub2352
05-04-2009, 09:44 AM
I have come around to this pick, Byrd looks to have a real good football head on his shoulders, god knows we need a Saftey that can do anything on D
Whitner and his arm tackles and 2 INTs in 3 yrs has grown pretty boring after watching him celebrate a tackel 10yds down feild

Scott plays as an extra LBer for this D who happens ot be able to cover to i like him but not a ball hawk either
If Byrd can do it this D just got a whole lot better

elltrain22
05-04-2009, 09:51 AM
know who else was a ball-hawking turnover machine in college? Ko Simpson, and Simpson received arguably more accolades than Byrd, but left as a sophomore. Ko still has tremendous ability, just doesnt seem to have the mental part down at all.

You're exactly right!! Which is why I am waiting to get excited about Byrd.

psubills62
05-04-2009, 09:53 AM

Simpson also showed promise before getting injured in 2007.

ddaryl
05-04-2009, 09:57 AM
You're exactly right!! Which is why I am waiting to get excited about Byrd.

that's a (not so) common sense approach (for many) to every drafted player... I find it interesting that so many actually get ovelry excited before pre-season even hits.

Until we are 1/2 way though preseason games I find it impossible to really judge what we have that will help shape this season

Oaf
05-04-2009, 12:53 PM
What I find most interesting is that when the Bills were so "enamored" with Levitre and were "forced" to trade back up to get him, why didn't they just guarantee him at 42?

Logically, it means that they were even MORE "enamored" with Byrd and his availability "forced" their hand at 42. Also meaning, they did not want to take the chance of trying to trade up for him. They must really see something in him to take another DB over a starting G prospect.