PDA

View Full Version : Good article on Levitre

Tatonka
05-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Link (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/658539.html?imw=Y)

The Bills liked what they saw out of Levitre at the Senior Bowl where some scouts viewed him as a poor man's Max Unger, someone who can play both tackle and both guard spots. They also liked the way he manhandled USC's Rey Maualuga in their matchup last season and listed him as the top guard available in the draft.

"He's versatile and that's important in the NFL," said Bills offensive line coach Sean Kugler. "He's a kid who is a finisher, very intelligent and he takes football seriously. When you look at a kid from the Pac-10 the first thing you look for is, "How did he do against USC?' He was outstanding."

justasportsfan
05-04-2009, 11:00 AM
I am liking this draft more so than any draft since Dicks been here . It almost seems like in the past MOdrak was nothing more than a consultant but this time, he is running things. :idunno:

ddaryl
05-04-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm just glad that we finally put a high priority on drafting quality OL.

Hopefully the rookies can have a big impact for us this year.

psubills62
05-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Did anyone else watch the OSU-USC game? Oregon State had over 200 yards rushing with a great freshman running back. But it wasn't just because of the RB - the offensive line got a consistent push in the running game all day long.

Pinkerton Security
05-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Did anyone else watch the OSU-USC game? Oregon State had over 200 yards rushing with a great freshman running back. But it wasn't just because of the RB - the offensive line got a consistent push in the running game all day long.

best defense ever? pff USC sucks! All 3 LB's are gonna be busts!

psubills62
05-04-2009, 11:29 AM
best defense ever? pff USC sucks! All 3 LB's are gonna be busts!

I'm personally not a fan of Maualuga...but their defense got shredded that game. Honestly, almost every time USC faced a decent running game in 2008, they didn't do that well (OSU, Stanford, even PSU's "slow" feature back averaged over 5 yards per carry before getting injured).

FlyingDutchman
05-04-2009, 11:33 AM

yeah i watched it. jaquez rogers wasnt even being located until he was like 5 yards down field. the line was getting great push especially up the middle. the fact that rogers is so small also helped, but the Dline for USC was on their heels the whole game

psubills62
05-04-2009, 11:57 AM
yeah i watched it. jaquez rogers wasnt even being located until he was like 5 yards down field. the line was getting great push especially up the middle. the fact that rogers is so small also helped, but the Dline for USC was on their heels the whole game

Yeah, Rodgers being small sure helped, but you're right - there was no contact until almost 5+ yards downfield, and even then he was breaking tackles.

But at the time, when I was watching it, I was fascinated by the fact that OSU's O-line was consistently pushing back USC's defense. Even when USC piled up against the run and KNEW it was coming, OSU still just kept running it down their throats at about 9-10 yards per carry. It was an incredible showing if I've ever seen one.