PDA

View Full Version : Amusing Sporting News Speculation

Dr. Lecter
05-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Elsewhere, the Bills could be inclined to bump Trent Edwards to the bench for a season, if the organization has any soul left to sell after doing a deal with the devil for the aforementioned T.O.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=544514

OpIv37
05-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Favre is overrated and washed up. I'm not totally convinced that Trent is the answer, but signing Favre for a year or two at his age isn't the answer either.

on a side note, this wouldn't happen even if it was a good idea- it would require the FO to admit they made a mistake on Trent. They already cut Dockery- one ego blow per off season is the most they can handle.

psubills62
05-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Favre is overrated and washed up. I'm not totally convinced that Trent is the answer, but signing Favre for a year or two at his age isn't the answer either.

on a side note, this wouldn't happen even if it was a good idea- it would require the FO to admit they made a mistake on Trent. They already cut Dockery- one ego blow per off season is the most they can handle.

You're assuming they made a mistake on Edwards. I see no reason to not give him at least another year.

OpIv37
05-04-2009, 01:24 PM
You're assuming they made a mistake on Edwards. I see no reason to not give him at least another year.

I never said that.

I said signing Favre would mean admitting Edwards is a mistake because they'd be benching him after a season and a half of starting.

It's still too soon to tell if Edwards is a mistake- we should know after this season.

Pinkerton Security
05-04-2009, 01:54 PM
i would be pissed. I want to see if Trent is the real deal. Plus Favre didnt play real well last year.

venis2k1
05-04-2009, 02:51 PM
He played good enough to beat us twice.

mayotm
05-04-2009, 02:54 PM
He played good enough to beat us twice.If you want to get technical, the Jets beats us twice despite Favre's poor play.

diggemsmack
05-04-2009, 03:02 PM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k142/geebeediggem/lynch.jpg

THATHURMANATOR
05-04-2009, 03:31 PM
I don't want Favre.

dplus47
05-04-2009, 03:59 PM
favre is not the answer for anybody at this point, IMO. i'm bummed he didn't re-sign with the jets. injury or not, he didn't have it at the end of last year. it would be a big mistake for the bills to shelve edwards for a year and go with favre. that's like sweeping your problems under the rug or something; QB would then need to be addressed down the road.

the bills are best off letting edwards sink or swim this year and going from there, rather than putting off that question for another year.

Night Train
05-04-2009, 04:16 PM
How great was Favre down the stretch last year ? :down:

DynaPaul
05-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Screw Favre. His washed up self can go to Minnesota like he wants. I'll stick with Trent.

Night Train
05-04-2009, 04:28 PM
I can't believe the Sporting News carries a dope like Florio. Their credibility just took a hit.

Jeff1220
05-04-2009, 05:01 PM
This is speculation at best and verbal diarrhea at worst by Florio. That said, Florio has actually built a pretty good amount of credibility in the league. At least enough to have NFL films bring him in as one of their interviewees for various segment.s being produced recently.

DrGraves
05-04-2009, 05:43 PM
I couldn't be a Bills fan anymore if that happened.

BillsWin
05-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Favre is like a drug. Just say no. Thats all you have to do. sheesh the guy is 40, I admire his love for the game, but hes gotta retire. he's got the girl, the money, hell hes got things regular joes dream of, but he won't just go to it. If the Bills signed him I would die a little inside...

mayotm
05-04-2009, 05:56 PM
I couldn't be a Bills fan anymore if that happened.I never thought a single move by the team could make me no longer be a fan. However, bringing Favre in might do it. Crap, I'm turning into HH.

Pinkerton Security
05-04-2009, 07:28 PM
He played good enough to beat us twice.

he did not beat us by any stretch.

First game: 19-28, 201, 1 int ( we totalled 30 yards rushing, and Trent threw 2 picks and lost a fumble)

2nd game: 17-30, 207, 1 td, 2 ints (JP Losman fumbled 3 times, losing 1 for a TD at the end of the game, and threw 3 INT's - JP Losman beat us, not Brett Favre)

He played average all season, and even got worse as the year goes on, especially from an arm-strength point of view.

Dying_-2-_Live
05-04-2009, 08:22 PM
He is not worth much anymore :(
If we would have had this conversation 10 years ago
I'd be all for it

Saratoga Slim
05-04-2009, 08:32 PM
This strikes me as speculation by a media outlet that hasn't really taken the time to know the Bills. TO made sense, I can't see Favre making sense for us on any level.

Plus, why would Favre want to come here? Why wouldn't he have just stay with the Jets if he wanted to keep playing, as opposed to joining another mid-level team and learning another new offense? The only reason he'd come back would be to play with the Vikes, where his buddy the OC runs the offense he's played in for his whole career. And even that's unlikely.

TigerJ
05-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Ummm, no thank you.

The Juice Is Loose
05-04-2009, 11:49 PM
if trent got injured i could stand it that would be the only way