X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Tryout players with a chance

Over the weekend there were a few tryout players that I thought stood a decent chance of getting a call back. Dick Jauron, however, surprised me a bit saying that group could number 5 to 10. Here are a handful of players that I thought might have a shot at being back later this month.

QB Cullen Harper - Clemson - The former Tiger had a rough first day and looked like he was trying to show off his arm strength, throwing every pass 100 mph. But he showed some better touch the last two days and was always the first QB through in the three man rotation on reps. I also thought Gary Rogers threw a nice ball.

WR De’Cody Fagg - Florida St. - I may just be a sucker for a good comeback story, but I thought Fagg got better as the weekend wore on. He’s strictly a possession wideout and the Bills have plenty of them, but for a guy coming off major reconstructive knee surgery he made tough catches in traffic and got decent separation at times. He also had sure hands.

WR Alonzo Phillips - Florida International - He didn’t make quite as many plays as Fagg, but he has deep speed as evidenced by his 50-yard touchdown play on Saturday when he got behind sixth-round pick Cary Harris. Again Buffalo has receivers with his skill set on the roster that are far better than him and with that position crowded already getting a call back is far from a lock.

• scartown
    • Dec 2008

Re: Tryout players with a chance

Tyrrell Herbert is my sleeper to make the team.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Realistically, they hope to make the practice squad and continue to work on their skill sets while impressing the coaching staff with visable progress.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ServoBillieves
        The Voice of Reason
        • Jul 2007

I like Cody Boyd coming in.

Also, I believe that the Justin Jenkins experiment is over, let's drop him and get a Fagg on this team.
        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• mayotm
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by HargroveforMVP
          I like Cody Boyd coming in.

Also, I believe that the Justin Jenkins experiment is over, let's drop him and get a Fagg on this team.
          Jenkins is in serious trouble even without Fagg. Right now he's behind Evans, Owens, Reed, Parrish, Hardy and Johnson.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

Even if I hate the school he comes from, I am rooting for:

RB Maurice Wells - Ohio St. - A scat back type, Wells had a suddenness to his game that none of the other tryout backs seemed to possess. He knifed through holes quickly and had some wiggle too.

I have always thought he was a good player.

Comment

• elltrain22
              • Sep 2003

I also am a fan of D'cody Fagg. I think he is a project, but a good one at that. I also like Cullen Harper alot. I watched him alot in college, and he has talent, but just needs some experience and some coaching.
              If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                • Apr 2005

I'll be the first to admit I know little about D'Cody , but after reading a few things here, I assume the knee is okay ?

NFL | Fagg to visit Dr. Andrews
                Sun, 24 Feb 2008 20:56:11 -0800
                John Murphy, of Yahoo Sports, reports Florida State WR De'Cody Fagg (knee) suffered a major injury to his left knee Sunday, Feb. 24, while taking part in wide receiver positional drills at the NFL Scouting Combine. He was immediately immobilized after injuring his knee and was taken off the field by medical personnel. According to Fagg's agent, Kevin Conner, he will visit Dr. James Andrews Wednesday, Feb. 27, with the hopes that some of the swelling will have subsided so that the extent of the injury can be determined. If surgery is required, it will likely be performed by Dr. Andrews.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                  Knows More Than You
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                  Even if I hate the school he comes from, I am rooting for:

RB Maurice Wells - Ohio St. - A scat back type, Wells had a suddenness to his game that none of the other tryout backs seemed to possess. He knifed through holes quickly and had some wiggle too.

I have always thought he was a good player.
                  Agreed...well actually im a Buckeye fan but I think Mo Wells has potential to be that scat type of back that will make everyone forget about the "xavier omon experiment"
                  BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

Working...
                  X