PDA

View Full Version : out of the country for the draft

trapezeus
05-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Ok, that's probably the last time i'll leave the country during the draft. it was really agonizing to see who we drafted. and part of the fun of the draft is seeing all the players on the board as its unraveling. it was kind of painful to just see on sunday where everyone went.

I missed the board's reaction as it was happening. i'm not sure what to make of Maybin.

I liked the focus on getting alot of linemen, but i was disappointed with our freakish desire to have more secondary players than any other team. the last 2 rounds didn't need to be on CB's. That struck me as irresponsible

Pinkerton Security
05-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Ok, that's probably the last time i'll leave the country during the draft. it was really agonizing to see who we drafted. and part of the fun of the draft is seeing all the players on the board as its unraveling. it was kind of painful to just see on sunday where everyone went.

I missed the board's reaction as it was happening. i'm not sure what to make of Maybin.

I liked the focus on getting alot of linemen, but i was disappointed with our freakish desire to have more secondary players than any other team. the last 2 rounds didn't need to be on CB's. That struck me as irresponsible
i didnt particularly love it either

kid mickey
05-04-2009, 02:02 PM
I thought it was an OK draft. Might turn out to be an awesome with 6 guys that can compete for a starting roster spot

ServoBillieves
05-04-2009, 02:06 PM

Glad you didn't catch swine flu wherever you were.

The drone (Dick Jauron), in response to drafting so many DB's said that "In our division, can you ever not have enough DB's?" I thought we could've spent it on a D-Lineman late, but to be honest, I think we're comfortable with what we've done. We already addressed the needs, had solid depth at LB, S, DT, DE, WR, TE, and the backfield, so... could've spent it really on anything.

I'm not one to immediately judge a draft (except when I'm hammered on draft day and flip out and threaten the nearest person to me) until it gets results, so we'll have to see.

BuffaloBillsStampede
05-04-2009, 02:23 PM
I think the overall reaction of the board has been pretty happy with the draft. The OL should be a lot better if Langston Walker can handle LT. Byrd is coming in to compete for the FS job so that fills a need. Nelson in the 4th was grand theft in my opinion and he is exactly what we needed to get at TE. Nic Harris is moving to OLB to compete with Ellison.

Overall I think anytime you have a draft where you get 6 possible players that will have an impact their first year you can't really be too mad at that. Not to mention at least 4 of them in my opinion will have a significant impact.

Michael82
05-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Here's a good way to see all the fun that you missed....

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=173741