PDA

View Full Version : Nic Harris already a success story

The Spaz
05-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Bills fifth-round pick Nic Harris did not have a single familiar face at Bills rookie camp last weekend. Starting a professional football career on your own can certainly be a challenge. But if you have the mental fortitude and perseverance that the Oklahoma safety turned linebacker possesses it’s just another transition in life.

There’s no doubt the physical demands of the league will be difficult, but the mental strain and test of his own self-confidence might seem like small potatoes to Harris. He’s been through far greater challenges in his life, and at a much younger age.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/nic-harris-already-a-success-story/04eb370b-9547-46ee-8cfe-1de6349c75c2

ParanoidAndroid
05-05-2009, 01:40 PM
That's awesome! It's so encouraging to see someone succeed against the odds. You have to be a very intelligent and independent thinker to pull that off. Most kids that go through similar experiences don't have the mental gift he posesses and never really have a chance. I'm glad he's a Bill and hope he becomes an important player for them.

BillsWin
05-05-2009, 01:50 PM
I love the kid. Going to miss him here in Oklahoma, but I'm glad I will get the chance to watch him play on my favorite NFL team of all time.

Dr. Pepper
05-05-2009, 01:51 PM
great story, nice to hear.

Ed
05-05-2009, 01:57 PM
I really liked this guy before I even knew anything about him. Great story. I really hope he's our next great OLB.

elltrain22
05-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Cool story.

Tatonka
05-05-2009, 09:57 PM
that same thing happened to me.

colin
05-06-2009, 07:39 AM
he's a relentless psycho on the pitch, he plays with a massive edge. looks like he's pretty solid off it, but found an outlet for all of his anger and frustration.

i think our D needs a guy like that, as long as he avoids penalties he can be a terror in pass coverage, crashing down and thumping guys in the flat.

ddaryl
05-06-2009, 09:46 AM
we'll find out in a few months... preseason can't get here fast enough, but then again in no hurry to be on the cusp of fall/winter

We hear these types of stories every year, some make it some don;t

At this point I honestly have no idea on how this works out... but as always I am eqaully hopeful he turns out to be part of a draft class that propels the Bills back into a decade + long playoff run