• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

QB Hits

I can't take credit for acquiring these statistics. I saw them on bb.com, from a poster I respect quite a bit. Here's the thread if you can access it:

Here's the QB hits by Bills players (as quoted directly from that thread):

"1t. Denney, 7
    1t. Kelsay, 7
    1t. Mitchell, 7
    1t. Williams, 7
    5. Schobel, 6
    6t. Johnson, 5
    6t. Stroud, 5
    8. Posluszny, 3
    9t. Scott, 2
    9t. Whitner, 2
    9t. Wilson, 2
    12t. Bryan, 1
    12t. Youboty, 1

On the season, the team had 55 hits and 24 sacks. They had a hit or sack on 15.3% of the pass plays (pass atts + sacks). That ranks them 30th in the NFL.

It was a tale of two seasons for qb pressure. The team 26 hits and 10 sacks at the bye (20.8%), and only 29 hits and 14 sacks the rest of the way (12.5%). Schobel had 6 hits and a sack at the bye and Kelsay had 4 hits and a sack at the bye. Denney as Schobel's replacement had 6 hits and 3 sacks in the final 11 games.

If you're curious, part 1: Offensively the Bills gave up a sack or hit 21.5% of the time. That was 21st in the league.

If you're curious, part 2: According to stats collected by nfldraftscout.com, Maybin was a feast or famine pass rusher in college. In '07 he had 4 sacks with 0 pressures. In '08 he had 12 sacks and 1 pressure.

(i collected these stats out of the nfl.com gamebooks)"

Any thoughts?
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • DrGraves
    • Mar 2008

Re: QB Hits

I think our defense is pathetic.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

I want these hits to turn into sacks. Our DE's always seem to be a step to slow and the QB always seems to get the ball away just in time.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
        I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
        • Sep 2004

If the hit leads them to incompletions I'm ok with that, more fear to their QB's.
        The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
          I want these hits to turn into sacks. Our DE's always seem to be a step to slow and the QB always seems to get the ball away just in time.
          A lot has to do with our defense weaknesses. The gameplan has always been gash them with the run and then PA them to death with the short passing game. Until we are able to stop the run, this pattern will continue as long as offenses have a good running game and accurate QB's.

Comment

• EDS
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by madness
            A lot has to do with our defense weaknesses. The gameplan has always been gash them with the run and then PA them to death with the short passing game. Until we are able to stop the run, this pattern will continue as long as offenses have a good running game and accurate QB's.
            Agreed. Stroud definitely helped last year but there are some additional personnel changes that need to be made.

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Our De's are still slow...lol

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

My thoughts?

This Maybin guy better be able to get after the QB seeing apparently no one our team can do that very well.

Comment

Working...
                X