PDA

View Full Version : Who gets Cut by May 18

homeslice5484
05-05-2009, 01:27 PM
I count 78 players including draft picks on the roster including todays signing. Jauron anticipates 5-10 players signed from the rookie camp. Who goes? Who signs? How many do you bring to camp? I thought it was 80.

Plenty of tryout players to be signed?
Buffalo brought in 30 players to camp on a tryout basis over the weekend, and so impressed was the Bills' coaching staff with the group that Chris Brown saw fit to share this nugget:

In fact of the 30 tryout players brought in for the weekend, Jauron believes anywhere from five to 10 players could be signed.
“Sometimes when you have a group tryout it can deteriorate pretty fast and this was really good,” said Jauron. “I think there are some guys in this tryout group that we’ll try to bring back, at least for our OTAs and maybe for training camp.”
That would certainly be intriguing, particularly since the Bills already have a pretty full roster. Might we see some significant changes by the team's May 18 voluntary OTA sessions?

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/

psubills62
05-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Well, it depends who they're bringing it. We've got a ton of LB's (it seems like), so if they bring in a guy like Palmer, or Elimimian (sp?) then they might cut another LB like Costanzo, Corto, etc. Just my guess.

Dr. Lecter
05-05-2009, 01:34 PM
The draft picks do not count on the roster until they are actually signed.

homeslice5484
05-05-2009, 01:36 PM
i know..i counted them in since we know they will be signed eventually. So once they are all signed, then add in the 5-10 jauron says....who goes? Probably some LB depth from last year since Jauron was too scared to play them anyways.

The Spaz
05-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Corto and Constanzo need to go. They are purely special teams and can not contribute regularly on defense.

methos4ever
05-05-2009, 01:47 PM
By my count, we have 40 players on O, 41 on D and 4 on ST, bringing it to 85...minus the 8 draftees who won't count until signed, 77. With that in mind (assuming my math is fuzzy) we can sign 3 more people to put us at 80 throughout minicamps and then will have to cut people as draftees sign over late june and july...

Remember, since we're the opening pre-season game, we're going to have the ability to open camp I believe a few weeks early. Washington for example opened camp last year on the 19th of July.

homeslice5484
05-05-2009, 02:05 PM
did u add the new signing today of the LS? I just counted everyone on the roster page on buffalobills.com

Jan Reimers
05-05-2009, 02:18 PM
I thought the number was 85.

Ed
05-05-2009, 02:23 PM
I thought they bumped it up to 87 recently...

Jan Reimers
05-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Anyway, there are 77 listed on the roster, which includes our 8 draft picks, but does NOT include our 10 signed UDFAs, or the long snapper we signed today. That would make 88 total, or 80 not including the unsigned draft picks.

methos4ever
05-05-2009, 02:28 PM
did u add the new signing today of the LS? I just counted everyone on the roster page on buffalobills.com
I did, I went by the billsdaily depth chart, and then just added by position. Hmm. I'll defer to the official roster then. I just realized I didn't count Neill as a DE or a LS, so that's where I messed up. My bad!

So, we have 2 spots open, plus we can put Hardy on the PUP until he recovers, Jackson until he signs. So that's two more spots.

Jan Reimers
05-05-2009, 02:32 PM
I did, I went by the billsdaily depth chart, and then just added by position. Hmm. I'll defer to the official roster then. I just realized I didn't count Neill as a DE or a LS, so that's where I messed up. My bad!

So, we have 2 spots open, plus we can put Hardy on the PUP until he recovers, Jackson until he signs. So that's two more spots.
See my post above yours. The roster on BB.com does not include the 10 UDFAs under contract, nor the long snapper signed today.

methos4ever
05-05-2009, 02:35 PM
http://www.billsdaily.com/depthchart/

With this chart (which includes moves up to today and the UDFA)

We have 40 on O, 41 on D and 5 Special Teamers = 86. Is there anyone missing from that chart that's on the Bills Roster page?

Jan Reimers
05-05-2009, 02:40 PM
http://www.billsdaily.com/depthchart/

With this chart (which includes moves up to today and the UDFA)

We have 40 on O, 41 on D and 5 Special Teamers = 86. Is there anyone missing from that chart that's on the Bills Roster page?
Costanzo, for one, and there's one more that I'm trying to spot. Corey Mace is the other.

homeslice5484
05-05-2009, 02:40 PM
ah ok didnt know that...so we are over.

methos4ever
05-05-2009, 02:54 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/tag/corey-mace/

According to Chris Brown, he wasn't tendered. So that's one name. Costanzo was, so that puts us (not counting the rooks) at 79.

BillsWin
05-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Isn't it obvious? Trent Edwards gets cut. Clearly Fitzgerald is their guy. The Edwards experiment is over. He is all arm no brains. Fitzy is our main man heading into the season. We will probably sign that Clemson guy at the third. Hamdan is a suitable backup for Fitz.

:sarcasm:

Jan Reimers
05-05-2009, 03:01 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/tag/corey-mace/

According to Chris Brown, he wasn't tendered. So that's one name. Costanzo was, so that puts us (not counting the rooks) at 79.
Yeah, for some reason he's still shown on the official BB.com roster. I guess we're at 87, less the 8 unsigned draft picks.

methos4ever
05-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Yeah, for some reason he's still shown on the official BB.com roster. I guess we're at 87, less the 8 unsigned draft picks.

I guess so. We can also take away Jackson because he hasn't signed his tender.

Once we get to training camp, we can also use Hardy's spot until he heals up, so we have a good bit a wiggle, before we have to cut. Once the rooks get signed though, all bets are off!

Jan Reimers
05-05-2009, 03:11 PM
I guess so. We can also take away Jackson because he hasn't signed his tender.

Once we get to training camp, we can also use Hardy's spot until he heals up, so we have a good bit a wiggle, before we have to cut. Once the rooks get signed though, all bets are off!
Without Jackson and Hardy, but with the 8 draft picks, we'll be at 85. Either that, or 87, is the magic number. So basically, for every additional tryout guy we sign, we'll have to make a roster move.

methos4ever
05-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Jan, good call. But we can "cheat" the roster spot of Jackson until he signs, so we can add another person prior to camp. Once he signs however, then we're trading until we get to 53.