PDA

View Full Version : Throwbacks to be worn in 4 games!

madness
05-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Good news for those of us who love the throwbacks...

Bills a big part of AFL legacy game schedule (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/05/05/bills-a-big-part-of-afl-legacy-game-schedule/)

By Chris Brown - Posted May 5th, 2009
The NFL announced which games on the 2009 schedule will be designated as AFL Legacy Games. There are 16 in all and the Bills are part of a quarter of those contests this season.
In fact 11 Legacy Games will be match-ups between the eight original AFL teams.
As most of you know the Bills and Titans will kick off the slate of Legacy Games with their Pro Football Hall of Fame Game in Canton on Sunday, August 9 at 8pm (NBC).
The other Legacy games that the Bills will be a part of will be the Monday night opener in Foxboro against New England Sept. 14, the Week 10 matchup with the Titans at Tennessee on Nov. 15 is another, followed by Nov. 29th home game against Miami. The Dolphins are not an original AFL team, but joined the league in 1966.
Buffalo will be wearing their throwback uniforms along with the white helmet with the standing red buffalo for all of those games this season.

Ed
05-05-2009, 02:16 PM
That's awesome since the throwbacks are my favorites right now, but what happens for the away games against NE and Tenn.? Will we still wear the blue jerseys on the road, or are they going to come out with an away throwback? Is it a rule that one team always has to wear white because I'm assuming the Pats would wear their old red jerseys and the Titans will wear the old baby blue unis of the Oilers. I've never seen a game where two teams both wear their colors, but I've never seen a white Bills throwback either.

BillsWin
05-05-2009, 02:17 PM
I want to throw back to the 90's...

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-05-2009, 02:18 PM
I am a history lover, but I know I am in the minority when I say I cannot stand those throwbacks. To me, that buffalo looks like a sitting duck, possibly target practice for a hunter and that blue looks God awful. My favorite is actually the helmet with the 'modern' buffalo and the white background.

DMBcrew36
05-05-2009, 02:20 PM
So they'll be worn in THREE games. Who cares about HOF preseason game. It is meaningless.

Mahdi
05-05-2009, 02:21 PM
I am a history lover, but I know I am in the minority when I say I cannot stand those throwbacks. To me, that buffalo looks like a sitting duck, possibly target practice for a hunter and that blue looks God awful. My favorite is actually the helmet with the 'modern' buffalo and the white background.
That Blue is awesome. I hate the Navy blue we have now. We have the worst uniforms in the NFL along with KC, Miami and Denver.

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-05-2009, 02:25 PM
That Blue is awesome. I hate the Navy blue we have now. We have the worst uniforms in the NFL along with KC, Miami and Denver.

I don't mind the navy blue, and I agree with you on the Miami uniform and probably KC. But Denver, really? I'd say the worst in the league are Miami, KC and Seattle.

Mudflap1
05-05-2009, 02:46 PM
I liked the old Miami uniforms, but I don't like how they have tweaked them in recent years.

The Bills uniforms are definitely on the crappier side. Especially the away ones. They are putrid.

Worst uniforms (in my opinion): San Francisco, Tennessee (when they have powder blue on navy blue), Baltimore (never liked them), Cincinnati (way too gaudy).

Best: New York Giants, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia.

Jon

Ebenezer
05-05-2009, 02:48 PM
be radical...wear them for all 16 games...

streetkings01
05-05-2009, 02:52 PM
What is our record when wearing the throwbacks? I only remember us winning 2 games......Texans, Dolphins and Raiders games. What are we like 3-5 with them? We do suck with our regular jerseys too, so I guess it doesn't matter!

Ebenezer
05-05-2009, 02:54 PM
we need the throwback team from the 90s.

SquishDaFish
05-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Niners revealed new unis also

theanswer74
05-05-2009, 03:44 PM
I wonder if we can still wear them the 2 games teams are allowed to wear their throwbacks.

FlyingDutchman
05-05-2009, 03:49 PM
can we just get anything we've had in the past over what we have now....ANYTHING....

Jan Reimers
05-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Great. One home game.

T-Long
05-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Do we have AWAY throwbacks? I've only seen the blue ones

FlyingDutchman
05-05-2009, 04:16 PM
only blue that ive seen. NE usually wears white at home anyways right? Maybe Tennessee will wear white Oilers jersies

ServoBillieves
05-05-2009, 04:41 PM
We have white throwbacks, played in them against the Bucs a few years ago.

EDIT: I lied, we used the blues. Madden 09 has us with white versions though <_< and as Jason Peters said... Madden don't lie...

elltrain22
05-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Great news. Our throwbacks kick butt!! I think in a few years, we're just gonna switch those uni's to our permanent uni's. I don't know why we don't wear them as our dominant uni's now.

Don't Panic
05-05-2009, 05:30 PM
I just hate our current whites... replace them with anything and I'd be happy.

Tiburon1724
05-05-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm with the guy who likes the throwback unis and current helmet!

Nighthawk
05-05-2009, 05:51 PM

You definitely are in the minority. Even fans of other teams have stated how nice the Bills throwbacks are.

Night Train
05-06-2009, 04:00 AM
Wear them in EVERY game. I can't believe Brandon can't see the enormous popularity of these.

Same goes for the Chargers and those fantastic powder blue jerseys from the days of Lance Alworth.

Dujek
05-06-2009, 05:38 AM
That's awesome since the throwbacks are my favorites right now, but what happens for the away games against NE and Tenn.? Will we still wear the blue jerseys on the road, or are they going to come out with an away throwback? Is it a rule that one team always has to wear white because I'm assuming the Pats would wear their old red jerseys and the Titans will wear the old baby blue unis of the Oilers. I've never seen a game where two teams both wear their colors, but I've never seen a white Bills throwback either.

The teams will all be wearing both home and away throwbacks, so far I haven't seen photos of the Bills' white throwback, but there have been photos released of both white and coloured throwbacks for the Raiders, Patriots, Oilers and Broncos, so I think we can safely assume that the teams will have both home and road throwbacks.

mybills
05-06-2009, 05:52 AM
To me, that buffalo looks like a sitting duck, possibly target practice for a hunter
Look at it this way...a buffalo is a billion times bigger than a duck, and you can't blast your way through a row of buffaloes. The standing buffalo represents a strong defense. Real buffaloes are fierce at protecting their herd. It's a simple concept, just like the flying stripey represents the offense. Although we've seen this offense fly down the field, they don't score as much as they should. :cynic:

LtFinFan66
05-06-2009, 06:00 AM
you should wear those uniforms all the time

Dujek
05-06-2009, 06:05 AM
you should wear those uniforms all the time

Agreed. It is streets ahead of our current uniform.

alohabillsfan
05-06-2009, 07:17 AM
So they'll be worn in THREE games. Who cares about HOF preseason game. It is meaningless.

Meaninless, yes. But a man that was instrumental in establishing the AFL will be honored with his entry into the HOF. So fitting that his team plays in the game in the uniform they entered the league in. IMHO

mybills
05-06-2009, 07:20 AM
agreed, aloha!

DMBcrew36
05-06-2009, 07:40 AM
Meaninless, yes. But a man that was instrumental in establishing the AFL will be honored with his entry into the HOF. So fitting that his team plays in the game in the uniform they entered the league in. IMHO

Honored by 3rd and 4th stringers.

mybills
05-06-2009, 07:54 AM
I don't care if it's people off the street. The game, the uni, the honor of being picked..all good, all fitting!

billsfanone
05-06-2009, 08:24 AM
I wish they went with the throwbacks full time.

Dujek
05-06-2009, 08:27 AM

But they aren't the uniforms the team entered the league in, they're the uniforms they won the AFL Championship in.

Ed
05-06-2009, 10:10 AM
The teams will all be wearing both home and away throwbacks, so far I haven't seen photos of the Bills' white throwback, but there have been photos released of both white and coloured throwbacks for the Raiders, Patriots, Oilers and Broncos, so I think we can safely assume that the teams will have both home and road throwbacks.
Sounds good. I just hope our away throwback uniforms include blue pants. Considering that we'll have white helmets, I'm not sure I'd like an all white uniform too.

Mercy
05-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Ed, where did you get my avatar?