PDA

View Full Version : So, what do Bills fans think about Mark Sanchez to the Jets?

yordad
05-05-2009, 10:33 PM
So, what do Bills fans think about Mark Sanchez to the Jets? I know I am kind of late with the question, but things have slowed down around here enough to ask it, I think.

Are we scared? Will he help them this year?

Edit: I didn't mean to put "wildcat" in the 4th option.

BillsWin
05-05-2009, 10:37 PM
If the media wasnt crotch jockin the kid he'd just be an average rookie QB with a lack of playing time and experience but some nice college stats. He may be good in a few years, but right this second, I couldn't care less.

rcd333
05-05-2009, 10:39 PM
underclassmen quarterback
need i say more?

DrGraves
05-05-2009, 10:46 PM
I think he will suck.... I mean he is young, doesn't have much college experience even and most importantly...

I could throw for at least 3000 yards and 25 TD's at USC with all that superior talent to the oposition around me.

FlyingDutchman
05-05-2009, 10:48 PM
I think he has a better shot of turning into something than Stafford, but nothing scares me about him

TigerJ
05-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Who can say what he'll be a few years into his career. I can't see him being more effective than Brett Favre was last year for the Jets for at least a couple years. Favre was not the reason the Jets swept the Bills last season.

Bling
05-05-2009, 11:19 PM
If the media wasnt crotch jockin the kid he'd just be an average rookie QB with a lack of playing time and experience but some nice college stats. He may be good in a few years, but right this second, I could care less.

couldn't care less

psubills62
05-05-2009, 11:22 PM
I don't see Sanchez being anything special.

Just look at his stats from his only year starting. Pretty good against UVA. OK against Ohio State...I don't think anyone's pointed out that he racked up 21% of his total touchdowns against the pathetic Washington and Washington St. teams. Then look what he did in the two Arizona games - he was really bad.

He looked great against PSU because all they did was give him the short routes (especially short out routes), over and over again. PSU's secondary was horrid in that game. He had some good passes, but he wasn't nearly as good as the stats indicate. It was just that PSU's secondary was that bad.

P.S. You might want to take out the option of "Sanchez being an immediate factor with the wildcat offense."

BillsWin
05-05-2009, 11:41 PM
couldn't care less :bringit:

kid mickey
05-05-2009, 11:49 PM
There will be growing pains for this guy. He isn't ready for the pro game and I welcome him to play against the Bills. He won't be spectacular. I would be willing to bet that he isn't going to have a good year if he starts. Am I worried? No, not at all.

elltrain22
05-06-2009, 05:51 AM
I don't like his chances. I think the NY fanbase will get to him, and he is going to fall flat on his face.

Novacane
05-06-2009, 06:07 AM
I think he's gonna be a bust.

OpIv37
05-06-2009, 07:49 AM
It's really hard to tell.

USC has superior talent and a weak schedule, so who knows how his skills will translate to the pro game? The majority of QB's take several years to develop anyway, so I think he will struggle this year. After that, I really don't know.

The Juice Is Loose
05-06-2009, 07:52 AM
I think if they start him this year, he'll cost them games.

Of course I said that about Tom Brady in 2001 so wtf do I know.

OpIv37
05-06-2009, 07:55 AM
I think if they start him this year, he'll cost them games.

Of course I said that about Tom Brady in 2001 so wtf do I know.

I sort of half agree. He'll cost them games, but the Jets really don't have a better option at QB. QB is their only glaring weakness, and anyone they play is going to cost them games. Their best bet is probably to let Sanchez take his lumps and try to get by with their D and their skill players like Leon Washington.

EDS
05-06-2009, 08:01 AM
In the long run I think he is going to be a very good, but not great quarterback. I don't expect him to be any good this year, if he even plays, but beyond that I think he has a good make-up to succeed.

casdhf
05-06-2009, 08:18 AM
I see him having a Rick Mirer kind of career--hopefully.

Pinkerton Security
05-06-2009, 08:27 AM
I think he'll be pretty good, but not this year. he seems to have the attitude that a lot of the successful QB's have - strong personality, the desire to win, etc.

I used to think he was another Leinart but Leinart was much more passive and just happy to be in the spotlight. Sanchez, just like Manning, Brady, and Matt Ryan, have the desire to be great. I dont think Sanchez will ever be as good as any of those guys, but he seems to have the drive that they have.

Jan Reimers
05-06-2009, 08:39 AM
I have to say, I have absolutely no idea. He may be Peyton Manning, he may be Ryan Leaf, or he may be somewhere in between.. But the Jet's philosophy was right. They desperately needed a QB, and they traded up aggressively to get one.

WeAreArthurMoates
05-06-2009, 08:45 AM
QB is their only glaring weakness, and anyone they play is going to cost them games.

I'd actually have to say WR is a bigger need. They have Cocthery as the number (I need to pause so I can stop laughing) and freaking Chansi Stuckey as there number 2.

Kenny
05-06-2009, 09:08 AM
A 16 game starter from LA with an average arm coming into a cold and potentially harsh weather climate? Not worried at all.

Im worried about their tough defense, -but their offense isnt anything that'll keep me up at night.

Jeff1220
05-06-2009, 09:26 AM
I'm not worried yet, but anything can happen. Two words of comfort: Matt Leinart.

Raptor
05-06-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm not worried yet, but anything can happen. Two words of comfort: Matt Leinart.

I dont understand this comparision at all. To anyone that has seen Sanchez play you realize really quickly that he and Leinart are complete opposites of one another.

Leinart has an avg arm Sanchez has a strong arm
Leinart is laid back Sanchez is a fiery leader
Leinart had a ton of talent around him and one of the best OL's in college. Sanchez did what he did with the least amount of USC talent on the offensive side of the ball that they have had in 6 years. He made a lot of those players look better than they are

If people are expecting him to be Leinart they are in for a rude awakening. I for one am not happy at all the Jets landed him. I think he was by far the best QB in this draft and the only franchise one

Jeff1220
05-06-2009, 10:00 AM
I dont understand this comparision at all. To anyone that has seen Sanchez play you realize really quickly that he and Leinart are complete opposites of one another.

Leinart has an avg arm Sanchez has a strong arm
Leinart is laid back Sanchez is a fiery leader
Leinart had a ton of talent around him and one of the best OL's in college. Sanchez did what he did with the least amount of USC talent on the offensive side of the ball that they have had in 6 years. He made a lot of those players look better than they are

If people are expecting him to be Leinart they are in for a rude awakening. I for one am not happy at all the Jets landed him. I think he was by far the best QB in this draft and the only franchise one

The comparison is that just because a guy had huge success at USC doesn't mean it'll all translate to the pro game.

HAMMER
05-06-2009, 10:01 AM
He is a Jet, he will suck it up..............hopefully.

yordad
05-06-2009, 10:50 AM
He is a Jet, he will suck it up..............hopefully.Well said, lol.

The last buffalo fan
05-06-2009, 10:51 AM
He is a Mexican on a wrong team. :jetsuck:

Ingtar33
05-06-2009, 02:09 PM
he wasn't the QB (performance wise or physically) that either Palmer or Leinart were AND he started fewer then 20 games.

I'd say all the ingredients were there for an epic draft bust.

Throw in the fact, that he went in the weakest QB draft since the Carr/Harrington draft, and you have what looks like another jets trade up fail

dplus47
05-06-2009, 04:00 PM
i hope he sucks, but at the very least he'll be more disciplined than favre. which means that even if he isn't all that great, there'll be more punts and fewer INT's. that's what a defensive coach wants.

i think he has the right demeanor for the position and the right demeanor for the spotlight that NY will cast on him, but his experience is so limited that there might be a learning curve, because the talent disparity he enjoyed in college won't be there in the NFL.

billsfanone
05-06-2009, 04:02 PM
I think he'll be good. I'd like the move if I was a Jets fan.

The last buffalo fan
05-06-2009, 04:07 PM
I think he'll be good. I'd like the move if I was a Jets fan.

:hi5: :gobills: :VivaMexicoCabrones!!!:

Dying_-2-_Live
05-06-2009, 04:09 PM
he'll be solid in about 3 - 4 years, until then he will play at a pretty average rate.