PDA

View Full Version : Foote

The Juice Is Loose
05-06-2009, 07:54 AM
Which proves that we never had a chance at him. He wanted to play in Detroit all along.

But, my point is this, Detroit runs a 4-3. Everybody said that Foote couldn't handle a 4-3.

I'm not saying he can or he will, I'm saying if he has a good year in Detroit, that'll prove the people who think a player can only play one system wrong.

I said he could play and play well here in Buffalo. If he plays well in Detroit, I'm gonna pat myself on the back.

ddaryl
05-06-2009, 09:08 AM
sure would be nice to have another vet OLB providing strong competition

OpIv37
05-06-2009, 09:36 AM
my biggest concern with him is mental stability. Who the hell WANTS to play in Detroit?

ddaryl
05-06-2009, 09:42 AM
my biggest concern with him is mental stability. Who the hell WANTS to play in Detroit?

you do reralize that there are probably a lot of players/fans who say the same thing about Buffalo...

OpIv37
05-06-2009, 09:46 AM
you do reralize that there are probably a lot of players/fans who say the same thing about Buffalo...

yup, and at this point I can't blame them.

But Detroit is coming off an 0-16 season and they are the worst-run organization in pro football. A player of Foote's caliber would have had plenty of options to go to a better team. I don't know why he IMMEDIATELY chose Detroit without even hearing other offers.

ddaryl
05-06-2009, 09:51 AM
I believe Foote went to college in Michigan and has family and friends in the area.

I believe Detorit is turning the corner, and although they may not be playoff contenders this year they appear to be trying to head in that direction.

kid mickey
05-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Dudes from Michigan wants to play there. We will see what he can do. I expect his numbers to be pretty high. He will play mike. It's not like he flies to the football, he usually waits for the running back to come to him.

patmoran2006
05-07-2009, 07:10 AM
I never knew the Bills were players for Foote?

Throne Logic
05-07-2009, 07:21 AM

That was my first thought, too.

It sure is amazing what a quick overhaul of the front office and coaching staff, coupled with a high-profile draft pick can do for your image.

Hey, whatever. I've been quietly rooting for Detroit to come out of the depths since Millen left. Big city with big problems. It would be good for them.

Canadian'eh!
05-07-2009, 07:42 AM
I never knew the Bills were players for Foote?

They weren't. It was all speculation.

We missed our chance when we didn't throw gobs of moeny at Leroy Hill to convinvce him to leave Seattle. Dude is a PLAYER.

It seems we are goign to be destined to have a problem at OLB this year.

Ellison/Other backup/5th round pick learning new position/Guys lacking size.

yeah.

Oaf
05-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Good move for him, GREAT fit.

For one thing Op, he PLAYED at Michigan in Ann Arbor, second thing he's a big community guy and his whole community is in the southeast Michigan area, third thing, he's a whole lot better of a fit at SLB in Detroit that he would have been here and he knows that.

I see it to a lesser extent like a Spikes-esque signing- strong vet leadership coming in for a pitiful defense.