X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Levi Jones Released

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

It'd be perfect for the Bills to get him for a year. But Arizona wants him, we have no chance.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Levi Jones Released

It says he was interested in Arizona not the other way around.

Comment

• elltrain22
      • Sep 2003

was just going to post that. ya beat me to it
      If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

Why would we have no chance if Arizona was interested?
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
          • Feb 2009

Why would we have no chance if Arizona was interested?
          Because Arizona's cheap and they have no money left to sign anyone seeing there trying to lock up Wilson, Dansby and Boldin.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
            Knows More Than You
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by WeAreMarshawn23
            Because Arizona's cheap and they have no money left to sign anyone seeing there trying to lock up Wilson, Dansby and Boldin.
            True.. this is exactly why we may have a chance?

I mean, I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone on this board when I say (despite what may have happened to his career in Cincy) a Levi Jones- Langston Walker competition for LT makes me feel a whole lot better than Kirk Chambers as the primary guy behind LW.
            BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Jaybird
              • Dec 2005

sign him up. If he has lost a step he can play RT

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
                • Dec 2002

I don't know if the Bills would be interested. Seems they would have addressed it in the draft if it was a legitimate concern of theirs.

Who knows though? Perhaps they anticipated a few releases and were gambling on reeling an OT in.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                  • Aug 2004

I think Levi is from Arizona and I believe he said in the past that he'd like to play at home.

Above all, though, his health would be a bigger concern for anyone interested.

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

The Cincinnati Bengals have released veteran left tackle Levi Jones.

This article on PFT says to look for Buffalo to go after Jones.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
                      True.. this is exactly why we may have a chance?

I mean, I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone on this board when I say (despite what may have happened to his career in Cincy) a Levi Jones- Langston Walker competition for LT makes me feel a whole lot better than Kirk Chambers as the primary guy behind LW.
                      I somewhat disagree, but I get your point. I would put Langston Walker as the starter at RT and plug in Jones at LT.

Brad Butler can back up both Guard positions, while Kirk Chambers can back up RT.

And if Levi Jones is ever injured, move Walker over to LT and put Chambers or Butler at RT.

I would be THRILLED if we went out and signed Levi Jones. I will have to applaud Russ Brandon if he get this done.

Comment

• BillsWin
                        man amongst boys
                        • Oct 2008

I would like that pick up. He can compete with Walker and we will see what happens. Alot of people's only knock on the Bills' offense is their offensive line. A little competition can help even that out a bit.
                        I am The Batman.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

arizona already has a LT in gandy who has been pretty good for them. levi would have competition there. if he signs with buffalo he would basically be plugged in as the starter from day one. yes there would be "competition" but non from a guy who has nearly as much expirience at the position as levi. also it would alow levitre to sit a year and learn. every arcticle i read says that they might not let levitre start this season. this wood be a way to still have a solid vetran line and only have to worry about one rookie getting extensive playing time. and then if an injury occurs to hangartner or butler you can swing wood into center and levitre into guard or levitre in at the other guard spot. this would allow some depth and not as much of a make shift line in a very important year.

Comment

It would be a superb signing.

At only 29, he has a good 5years in the tank, and I think a $30m/5year deal could lock him down.

He's head and shoulders above anyone else we could start at LT. I definitely would not start both Levitre and Woods this season. Two rookies learning new positions on the OL is two too many and Butler has done a more than adequate job at RG. In fact, as Walker's contract winds down I can see Butler being moved outside, and eventually Woods becoming the RG with Levitre on the LG.

I would roll with Jones-Levitre/Woods-Hangartner-Butler-Walker.

Signing Jones could be the difference between making the post-season or a 10th non-Playoffs year.

Comment

• ddaryl
                              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                              • Jan 2005

Seriously guys... Levi Jones is not the same caliber T he was 4 years ago....

I seriously wonder if he could even start for us...

give him a tryout, but many of you need to reel in those expectations... There is a reason why Cincy drafted Smith, they don't expect Levi to return to form.

Comment

Working...
                              X