X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Will Bills try Levi on for size?

The Buffalo Bills decided not to draft a tackle to replace Jason Peters.

That doesn't mean they're out of options.

As expected, the Cincinnati Bengals have released left tackle Levi Jones, who became expendable when they drafted Alabama tackle Andre Smith sixth overall.

Buffalo seems like an obvious place for Jones to land, although the Phoenix-area native and Arizona State grad has expressed an interest in playing for the Cardinals.

The Bills traded Peters, a two-time Pro Bowler, to the Philadelphia Eagles a week before the draft.

• ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Re: Will Bills try Levi on for size?

Well that shakes up the line then... We'd have two possible scenarios there:

(From the RT) Walker Butler Wood Levitre Jones?
    ------------- Walker Butler Hangartner Wood Jones?
    Or even ----- Walker Butler Hangartner Levitre Jones.

I won't delve in to that until a signing happens... and I'm one of the guys content on Butler-Levitre-Hangartner-Wood-Walker.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Jones is past his prime, but he would add depth and experience as a stopgap for a year or two. I just don't see it happening though. This FO simply refuses to pay veterans on the downside of their career, even if they play a position of need and still have something left in the tank.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
        Jones is past his prime, but he would add depth and experience as a stopgap for a year or two. I just don't see it happening though. This FO simply refuses to pay veterans on the downside of their career, even if they play a position of need and still have something left in the tank.
        They do it, just not often (or correctly). But guys like Anthony Thomas, TO, Will James, Pat Thomas, and Spragan are all guys that fit in that category. Maybe Florence too.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          They do it, just not often (or correctly). But guys like Anthony Thomas, TO, Will James, Pat Thomas, and Spragan are all guys that fit in that category. Maybe Florence too.
          Except for Anthony Thomas- who had one good year- none of those guys did anything (obviously the jury is still out on TO and Florence).
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Jones was considered one of the top LTs in all of football 2 years ago. He had some injuries and that obviously affected his game.

If healthy, at only 29, he can be a great addition to our OL and a mentor to D. Bell who is exactly the same size at 6'5 307 and a similar skill set.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Agreed.

Which is why I included the "correctly" part.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

Amen to that Op. Except for T.O. Also, interestingly enough pre-this offseason, we only had one player above their 8th year in the league, and that was Rian Lindell. Now we brought in Seth McKinney, Dominic Rhodes, and Terrell Owens, in their 8th, 9th, and 14th seasons, respectively. But you hit the nail on the head in your wording, the FO will not pay them. Who knows what pans out with T.O., but we may pay him after this season (although unrealistic...) as part of our team.
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

tryouts hurt no one... but I worry that he will never return to form

none the less it can't hurt to look

Comment

Working...
                  X