PDA

View Full Version : Could Vikings be moved to Los Angeles?

TypicalBill
05-16-2003, 11:25 PM
Red McCombs, who amassed a fortune selling cars in San Antonio, knows how to cut a deal. He bought the Minnesota Vikings in 1998 for $264 million, a bargain by today's standards. But there's one deal he just can't seem to close: A new stadium in Minneapolis.

McCombs met in New York last week with NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue and discussed, among several topics, the return of football to Los Angeles. Could the Vikings fill the void left by the Raiders and Rams? McCombs doesn't rule it out.

Question: Did you go to New York with the intention of talking to the commissioner about Los Angeles?

Answer: We didn't go there for that purpose. I went there to bring him up to date on what I saw the Vikings' issues were vis a vis a stadium in Minnesota. And in that conversation, of course, the questions came up from me about what is the league going to do, what are you proposing to do with the L.A. situation. Their response was they definitely want a team in L.A. They haven't yet come to exactly how they want to go about it. So I really didn't learn anything.

Q: Did you see any Rose Bowl renderings?

The Full Article (http://www.brainerddispatch.com/stories/051603/ssp_0516030007.html)