I realy hope we sign this guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

I realy hope we sign this guy

Wendall Bryant. I think he could still be good and he sounds alot more like hes back together.

"What I would tell any NFL team is that I know I have a checkered past and I would just want to let them know what I'm doing to keep myself clean and that I can definitely be trusted," Bryant said during a recent telephone interview from his home in the Phoenix area. "I know it's scary territory for a team to delve into and they worry about, ‘What if this guy relapses or he takes a drink again?' The main thing I would want to let them know is I haven't had any drinks or done anything involving drugs in a long time....I don't plan on ever going back to that. I'm not about running around or any kind of mess like that. For me, it's all about being a father, getting married and holding it down and doing the right things. If anybody gives me a chance and lets me get that foot in the door, they won't be sorry. I'm a new man, and it feels great to be able to say that."
  • TheMan08
    Knocks only the living.
    • Oct 2008

Re: I realy hope we sign this guy

I'm with you man. We have nothing to lose, it won't break bank. Risk-reward move. Do it! It will help our pass rush with 2 DT's bullrushing.

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

He's gotta be better than John "lazyfattyfatfatmcfatfatlazyfatfat" McCargo

Im so mean...
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• elltrain22
        • Sep 2003

Right there w/ ya Mitch!! Would love to see us give this kid another chance. When he was in college he was a beast, and who knows, he could be a diamond in the rough. IMO, its worth the risk, us giving him a shot.
        If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Throne Logic
          Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by elltrain22
          Right there w/ ya Mitch!! Would love to see us give this kid another chance. When he was in college he was a beast, and who knows, he could be a diamond in the rough. IMO, its worth the risk, us giving him a shot.
          They say that if you sqeeze any turd hard enough you end up with a diamond.

or is that coal? . . .
          Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• elltrain22
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Throne Logic
            They say that if you sqeeze any turd hard enough you end up with a diamond.

or is that coal? . . .
            Ferris Bueller fan huh??
            If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Throne Logic
              Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
              • Aug 2002

"When Cameron was in Egypt's land . . ."

Actually, this wasn't at the forefront of my mind. But sure, it's definitely swirling around in the cesspool of my mind along with a multitude of other quotes and tidbits.
              Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Bryant did nothing in his brief time in the NFL. Now he's 5 years older and has put his body through hell in the interim? Not worth it IMHO.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

not worth what?? not worth cutting some other scrub player that we already know is just camp fodder??

he is absolutely worth a minimum contract because he has no downside.

tell me one negative that could come out of giving a talented guy like him a chance?
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                    • Mar 2004

Bryant had a STELLAR college career. He's been out fo the game for a while, but it'snot like he's raw.

Didn't this guy also pay back some money to Arizona because he didn't deserve it?

11 months tells me he's over the hardest parts of staying clean. Even if something happened they arne't goign to pay him huge money anyway... it's minimal risk.

I'd take a chance on him. As opposed to tring to develop a guy who you hope has the talent... you KNOW Bryant has talent.. it's just of he canbring it together and overcome his time off.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

he is making payments to pay back the cards the money they gave him (7.5 million) by his own choice. on sirius yesterday he said that he signed a contract with the cardinals and they paid him to have a nice life but he didnt hold up his end of the bargain. he said any man with integrity would do the same thing. i dont know if it is lip service or not, but he said people he knew called him and said "WTF are you paying them back for".. and he said he didnt see why it was such a big deal. that everyone who doesnt live up to a contract should feel that way.

pretty refreshing really.

i am absolutely pulling for the guy. it is not like he electrocuted dogs to death.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

Agreed. He seems to have straightened his life around. Very refreshing to see an attitude likes him. The Bills have nothing to lose by signing him. If he can't cut it then he just will not make the team.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                          H to the 12:20
                          • Jul 2002

He certainly sounds like a guy who has turned his personal life around. That's step one. Now it's time for step two -the Bills give him a chance and see if he can turn his profesional life around as well.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

sign him only if he can play and not because he's trying to change his life around.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• CoolBreeze
                              • Feb 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X