what is the worst memory you have ever had as a bills fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kscdogbillsfan1221
    • Nov 2007

what is the worst memory you have ever had as a bills fan?

About a month ago, i started a thread asking about your best memory as a Bills fan.

I figure most people will say the end of SB XXV, but for my money, I felt worse at the end of the music city miracle. I remember sitting on my couch, motionless, and speechless for about 40 minutes, just staring @ the screen blankly wondering what just happened. As bad as SBXXV was, @ least you figured it was a 50/50 shot. You had already mentally prepared it could go either way. In the music city miracle, you had no idea what was about to happen. The worst part for me was that not only did I feel that the teams TN beat that year would have all lost to us, I thought we matched up very well against the Rams.

Thoughts on your worst memory?

ps another high ranking moment was the Losman fumble vs the Jets at the end of the game this year.
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: what is the worst memory you have ever had as a bills fan?

Both Cowboy Super Bowls, oh and the Redskin one, too.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• billsfanone
      Majored in Home Economics
      • Sep 2008

Wide Right.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

A thread for 20K fans to say....

Wide Right.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Losing the 1966 AFL Championship game to Kansas City, and thereby missing out on the first Super Bowl. I think it was a sign of things to come.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BillsWin
            man amongst boys
            • Oct 2008

Music City Miracle. Hands down. I thought we would go all the way if we could just get past Tenn... Wide right hurt for me too, but I just knew we'd lose that game. I felt it through all four quarters. So I guess I didnt get as big of a shock as the people who believed with 100% certainty that we would win.

I was devastated, and it still hurts to watch or hear the jokes of course, but for me the Music City Miracle hit home. I really had it embedded in my mind that if we won that game we would make it all the way to the super bowl and win.
            Last edited by BillsWin; 05-07-2009, 10:22 AM.
            I am The Batman.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Obviously the Super Bowls, but the loss I took the hardest was the MNF loss to Dallas in '07. We were seconds from beating a good team on national TV and it would have been our first big win since the '03 opener over the Patriots, and we blew it in an almost impossible fashion. If the Mighty Ducks had been about football instead of hockey, that's how the team would have won the game.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsWin
                man amongst boys
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37
                Obviously the Super Bowls, but the loss I took the hardest was the MNF loss to Dallas in '07. We were seconds from beating a good team on national TV and it would have been our first big win since the '03 opener over the Patriots, and we blew it in an almost impossible fashion. If the Mighty Ducks had been about football instead of hockey, that's how the team would have won the game.
                Wow, I'd almost forgotten... First home MNF game in a decade + and we had it in the palm of our hands, and to lose in that fashion, its like having your heart ripped out of your chest. Why can't we ever catch a break? :banghead:
                I am The Batman.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

I was there with my wife and son who are big Bills' fans, plus my daughter (a friggin' Cowboys' fan, where did I go wrong?) and her husband, a Dolphin fan who was rooting for the Cowboys. It was an ugly ride back to the hotel.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

Dempsey's missed kick in the 1979 season opener against the fish.

Comment

• Commissioner
                      • Dec 2004

Super Bowl 25
                      Super Bowl 26
                      Super Bowl 27
                      Super Bowl 28
                      Homerun Throwback
                      Kevin Everette's injury
                      Losing to Cowboys 2 years ago on MNF
                      Losing to Browns last year on MNF with Wide Right again....

There's so many...
                      Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Commissioner
                        Super Bowl 25
                        Super Bowl 26
                        Super Bowl 27
                        Super Bowl 28
                        Homerun Throwback
                        Kevin Everette's injury
                        Losing to Cowboys 2 years ago on MNF
                        Losing to Browns last year on MNF with Wide Right again....

There's so many...
                        You forgot losing to Pittsburgh's backups to finish out of the playoffs in 04.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          I was there with my wife and son who are big Bills' fans, plus my daughter (a friggin' Cowboys' fan, where did I go wrong?) and her husband, a Dolphin fan who was rooting for the Cowboys. It was an ugly ride back to the hotel.
                          Wow... Jan.... This is BLASPHEMY! Don't worry, my fiance' is a cowgirls fan. BUT, I need to elaborate, I have changed her way of thinking a little bit. She was always a cowboys fan by location, she never had the opportunity to explore other teams to bestow her fanhood upon. I took her to the KC game last year and she was adamant about watching the draft with me and kept asking who the players "WE" drafted were and whether or not that means we are going to the playoffs and whether they were any good. We are going to the KC game again this year, and I think that will reel her in for good.
                          Last edited by BillsWin; 05-07-2009, 10:38 AM.
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• mayotm
                            • Jul 2003

One that ranks right up there for me is being cheated at New England (can't recall if it was 98 or 99). First, New England was given a first down on a fourth down play where the receiver caught the ball two yards out of bounds on their final drive. Then they were given first and goal on pass interfence call on a hail mary play. They scored on a Bledsoe to Coates TD to win the game on the next play.
                            Last edited by mayotm; 05-07-2009, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• BillsWin
                              man amongst boys
                              • Oct 2008

You forgot losing to Pittsburgh's backups to finish out of the playoffs in 04.
                              That was another year where I just went, "We could have went all the way..."

There was no reason they should have beat us.
                              I am The Batman.

Comment

Working...
                              X