PDA

View Full Version : what is the worst memory you have ever had as a bills fan?

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-07-2009, 10:04 AM
About a month ago, i started a thread asking about your best memory as a Bills fan.

I figure most people will say the end of SB XXV, but for my money, I felt worse at the end of the music city miracle. I remember sitting on my couch, motionless, and speechless for about 40 minutes, just staring @ the screen blankly wondering what just happened. As bad as SBXXV was, @ least you figured it was a 50/50 shot. You had already mentally prepared it could go either way. In the music city miracle, you had no idea what was about to happen. The worst part for me was that not only did I feel that the teams TN beat that year would have all lost to us, I thought we matched up very well against the Rams.

Thoughts on your worst memory?

ps another high ranking moment was the Losman fumble vs the Jets at the end of the game this year.

casdhf
05-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Both Cowboy Super Bowls, oh and the Redskin one, too.

billsfanone
05-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Wide Right. :cry:

Ebenezer
05-07-2009, 10:13 AM
A thread for 20K fans to say....

Wide Right.

Jan Reimers
05-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Losing the 1966 AFL Championship game to Kansas City, and thereby missing out on the first Super Bowl. I think it was a sign of things to come.

BillsWin
05-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Music City Miracle. Hands down. I thought we would go all the way if we could just get past Tenn... Wide right hurt for me too, but I just knew we'd lose that game. I felt it through all four quarters. So I guess I didnt get as big of a shock as the people who believed with 100% certainty that we would win.

I was devastated, and it still hurts to watch or hear the jokes of course, but for me the Music City Miracle hit home. I really had it embedded in my mind that if we won that game we would make it all the way to the super bowl and win.

OpIv37
05-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Obviously the Super Bowls, but the loss I took the hardest was the MNF loss to Dallas in '07. We were seconds from beating a good team on national TV and it would have been our first big win since the '03 opener over the Patriots, and we blew it in an almost impossible fashion. If the Mighty Ducks had been about football instead of hockey, that's how the team would have won the game.

BillsWin
05-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Obviously the Super Bowls, but the loss I took the hardest was the MNF loss to Dallas in '07. We were seconds from beating a good team on national TV and it would have been our first big win since the '03 opener over the Patriots, and we blew it in an almost impossible fashion. If the Mighty Ducks had been about football instead of hockey, that's how the team would have won the game.

Wow, I'd almost forgotten... First home MNF game in a decade + and we had it in the palm of our hands, and to lose in that fashion, its like having your heart ripped out of your chest. Why can't we ever catch a break? :banghead:

Jan Reimers
05-07-2009, 10:29 AM
I was there with my wife and son who are big Bills' fans, plus my daughter (a friggin' Cowboys' fan, where did I go wrong?) and her husband, a Dolphin fan who was rooting for the Cowboys. It was an ugly ride back to the hotel.

Historian
05-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Dempsey's missed kick in the 1979 season opener against the fish.

Commissioner
05-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Super Bowl 25
Super Bowl 26
Super Bowl 27
Super Bowl 28
Homerun Throwback
Kevin Everette's injury
Losing to Cowboys 2 years ago on MNF
Losing to Browns last year on MNF with Wide Right again....

There's so many...

OpIv37
05-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Super Bowl 25
Super Bowl 26
Super Bowl 27
Super Bowl 28
Homerun Throwback
Kevin Everette's injury
Losing to Cowboys 2 years ago on MNF
Losing to Browns last year on MNF with Wide Right again....

There's so many...

You forgot losing to Pittsburgh's backups to finish out of the playoffs in 04.

BillsWin
05-07-2009, 10:33 AM
I was there with my wife and son who are big Bills' fans, plus my daughter (a friggin' Cowboys' fan, where did I go wrong?) and her husband, a Dolphin fan who was rooting for the Cowboys. It was an ugly ride back to the hotel.
Wow... Jan.... This is BLASPHEMY! :funny: Don't worry, my fiance' is a cowgirls fan. BUT, I need to elaborate, I have changed her way of thinking a little bit. She was always a cowboys fan by location, she never had the opportunity to explore other teams to bestow her fanhood upon. I took her to the KC game last year and she was adamant about watching the draft with me and kept asking who the players "WE" drafted were and whether or not that means we are going to the playoffs and whether they were any good. We are going to the KC game again this year, and I think that will reel her in for good.

mayotm
05-07-2009, 10:38 AM
One that ranks right up there for me is being cheated at New England (can't recall if it was 98 or 99). First, New England was given a first down on a fourth down play where the receiver caught the ball two yards out of bounds on their final drive. Then they were given first and goal on pass interfence call on a hail mary play. They scored on a Bledsoe to Coates TD to win the game on the next play.

BillsWin
05-07-2009, 10:39 AM

That was another year where I just went, "We could have went all the way..."

There was no reason they should have beat us.

OpIv37
05-07-2009, 10:39 AM
One that ranks right up there for me is being cheated at New England (can't recall if it was 98 or 99). First, New England was given a first down on a fourth down play where the receiver caught the ball two yards out of bounds on their final drive. Then they were given first and goal on pass interfence call on a hail mary play. They scored on a Bledsoe to Coates TD to win the game on the next play.

ah yes, the infamous "just give it to them" game. I believe it was in '98.

Pinkerton Security
05-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Since I'm younger, the 2 most vivid memories for me are the Music City Miracle, which might actually be trumped by the Cowboys MNF game. I was at the game with my cousin, and his father had died a year earlier. It was such a horrible feeling being at that game that I literally fell down (I was a little drunk but thats not why I fell down) when Folk made the second kick, and my cousin stated "it feels like my dad died again", and maintains to this day that the feeling was comparable. I cant imagine what wide right would have felt like if I was older and as into the Bills then as I am now.

BillsWin
05-07-2009, 10:40 AM
ah yes, the infamous "just give it to them" game. I believe it was in '98.

I'm pretty sure it was 98.

Jan Reimers
05-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Wow... Jan.... This is BLASPHEMY! :funny: Don't worry, my fiance' is a cowgirls fan. BUT, I need to elaborate, I have changed her way of thinking a little bit. She was always a cowboys fan by location, she never had the opportunity to explore other teams to bestow her fanhood upon. I took her to the KC game last year and she was adamant about watching the draft with me and kept asking who the players "WE" drafted were and whether or not that means we are going to the playoffs and whether they were any good. We are going to the KC game again this year, and I think that will reel her in for good.
Well, my daughter DOES root for the Bills as her second favorite team, but the fact that the Cowboys are her favorite team is one of the great disappointments of my life. She's a good kid and all, but. . .

mayotm
05-07-2009, 10:42 AM
ah yes, the infamous "just give it to them" game. I believe it was in '98.My wife's parents were in town for that game. I got back from the bar, slammed the front door and stormed right to bed without saying a word to anybody. One of my finer moments.

BillsWin
05-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Since I'm younger, the 2 most vivid memories for me are the Music City Miracle, which might actually be trumped by the Cowboys MNF game. I was at the game with my cousin, and his father had died a year earlier. It was such a horrible feeling being at that game that I literally fell down (I was a little drunk but thats not why I fell down) when Folk made the second kick, and my cousin stated "it feels like my dad died again", and maintains to this day that the feeling was comparable. I cant imagine what wide right would have felt like if I was older and as into the Bills then as I am now.

Like someone ripped your heart out, threw it on the ground, stomped it, then spat on it and walked away.

Only magnify that by a factor of 10 and replay it over, and over and over again...

Bert102176
05-07-2009, 10:43 AM

I was at that game

BillsWin
05-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Well, my daughter DOES root for the Bills as her second favorite team, but the fact that the Cowboys are her favorite team is one of the great disappointments of my life. She's a good kid and all, but. . .

It happens to the best of us Jan. At least she isnt a Pats fan... You would have to disown her...

mayotm
05-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Well, my daughter DOES root for the Bills as her second favorite team, but the fact that the Cowboys are her favorite team is one of the great disappointments of my life. She's a good kid and all, but. . .Come on Jan, tell your daughter there is not such thing as a second favorite team. You're with us or you're against us. I love asking people who their second favorite team is then explaining to them that the only correct answer is "I don't have one".

Buckets
05-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Have to go with wide right, followed by the music city miracle.

OpIv37
05-07-2009, 10:54 AM
It happens to the best of us Jan. At least she isnt a Pats fan... You would have to disown her...

He should still write her out of the will for being a Dallas fan.

Jan Reimers
05-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Instead of going to that game, my wife and I decided to go to the Marriott in Norfolk, have a really nice dinner at a posh restaurant, and celebrate our anniversary. Well, we went to AJ Gators early on Sunday, started drinking heavily, watched the game, which made us drink even more heavily, and - since we still had our Bills' jerseys on - stumbled into an Outback (I think) for dinner. Don't remember much else, but the Bills sure ruined our plans for a romantic anniversary.

Dr. Lecter
05-07-2009, 10:56 AM

And she married a Dolphins fan too???????

If she married a murderer, I would forgive her. This is terrible Jan and inexcusable.

BillsWin
05-07-2009, 10:59 AM
He should still write her out of the will for being a Dallas fan.

I would.

Jan Reimers
05-07-2009, 11:00 AM
And she married a Dolphins fan too???????

If she married a murderer, I would forgive her. This is terrible Jan and inexcusable.
It's her second marriage, too, and the first guy was a Redskin fan. Somewhere along the way, it just all turned to crap.

Dr. Lecter
05-07-2009, 11:01 AM
It's her second marriage, too, and the first guy was a Redskin fan. Somewhere along the way, it just all turned to crap.

Clearly you did not beat her enough as a child.

OpIv37
05-07-2009, 11:06 AM

A Redskins fan married to a Cowboys fan? That relationship was doomed from Day 1. A marriage between a Jew and a Palestinian would have a better chance of working out than that.

BillsWin
05-07-2009, 11:10 AM
I fell in love with a Dolphins fan once... I was young and naive and too ignorant for my own good. She was a good looking girl though...

don137
05-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Worst memory was thinking Kevin Everett was going to be paralyzed for life...Worst memory of a game is very close between wide right and music city miracle. I would say music city miracle just because I felt the refs lost the game for the Bills and I started to question why am I a fan if the refs are going to decide a playoff game.

OpIv37
05-07-2009, 11:25 AM
I fell in love with a Dolphins fan once... I was young and naive and too ignorant for my own good. She was a good looking girl though...

You shouldn't fall in love with Dolphins fans, even if they're hot. You should just hook up with them for a one night stand, don't use a condom, and tell them your name is Travis Henry.

Lexwhat
05-07-2009, 11:36 AM
How about the 1996 home playoff loss to the Jaguars and Natrone Means?

I remember Bruce Smith was PWNED that game by young Tony Boselli.

psubills62
05-07-2009, 11:37 AM
I was too young for wide right, so the music city miracle, and most of the other games peolpe mentioned (Dallas on MNF, etc.). How about the Denver game in 2007 where Cutler just marched on down the field, and they kicked a FG to win it?

In my mind, the only redeeming part of wide right was that it was Buffalo's first Super Bowl. Imagine if that was the 4th SB loss instead of the first...how many people would have thought that that would be worse?

trapezeus
05-07-2009, 11:41 AM
i would definitely say that ones people have already mentioned, but i was stunned at how viciserly i responded to Last year's JP game. even though the season was in total collapse, nothing seemed to work, that loss made me flirt with going completely crazy. i was watching it alone and had a tear just pop off my face the second the touchdown was scored. i was just like on a 40 second pure cuss rant.

i think i'll always remember that because that is one of the deepest parts of this 10 year drought for me.

billsfanone
05-07-2009, 12:31 PM

Never forget my co-workers telling me good game by the Bills. I was thinking all of them were being sarcastic as I knew they'd rag on me. But they DIDN'T see the ending. Once they found out, my day got worse.

But still no comparison to wide right.

Luisito23
05-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Definitely the music city miracle....I've never jumped, and screamed in joy and cried and screamed in curses in such a short period of time. Unfortunately I still remember it like it was yesterday...:teary:

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-07-2009, 12:35 PM
i would definitely say that ones people have already mentioned, but i was stunned at how viciserly i responded to Last year's JP game. even though the season was in total collapse, nothing seemed to work, that loss made me flirt with going completely crazy. i was watching it alone and had a tear just pop off my face the second the touchdown was scored. i was just like on a 40 second pure cuss rant.

i think i'll always remember that because that is one of the deepest parts of this 10 year drought for me.

it was an interesting dichotomy for me because I laughed in disbelief, yet I figured that's exactly what would happen.

SABURZFAN
05-07-2009, 02:12 PM
having to take a dump at The Ralph (Rich Stadium) when i was a kid. :ill:

Dr. Lecter
05-07-2009, 02:31 PM
I met Saburzfan at last year's opener party.

BillsWin
05-07-2009, 02:57 PM
You shouldn't fall in love with Dolphins fans, even if they're hot. You should just hook up with them for a one night stand, don't use a condom, and tell them your name is Travis Henry.

The best advice I've ever gotten.

Bill Brasky
05-07-2009, 03:29 PM

1996 - present

cocamide
05-07-2009, 03:35 PM
The most recent one was our last loss to the Jets. I had just got done telling my friend (a Jets fan) that this was the best game the Bills had played in a while. We were running the ball great, the D was playing well, and then BAM, I get JP'd right in the nuts. Although it didn't mean as much as the Super Bowls or the Music City Mistake, it still hurt quite a bit.

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-07-2009, 04:13 PM
1996 - present

LOL. Too funny

TheMan08
05-07-2009, 04:17 PM
MUSIC CITY and COWBOYS MNF

Dying_-2-_Live
05-07-2009, 04:32 PM
The cowboys monday nighter had me whining for 2 days straight. I almost cried lol

ServoBillieves
05-07-2009, 05:14 PM

Beat me to it Op...

Music City forward pass, I was too young for the Super Bowls... But the Tennessee game, the Cowboy's loss on MNF (I actually almost cried, don't judge me), and as stated above the Pittsburgh game where the world found out about Willie Parker and that Drew Bledsoe was washed up.

Philagape
05-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Obviously the aforementioned games, with nothing coming close to Wide Right.

I'll add to the long list the 2004 opener against the Jags ... the 45-yard pass on 4th and 14.

Oaf
05-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Here's one not stated as often: The Titans debacle in '06. Going for it on 4th and 8 from the 29 ydline down by one with JP LOSMAN. Believe it or not, we win that game + the finale against Baltimore (I'm thoroughly convinced we were emotionally dead for that game b/c of the Tenn loss) we're in the playoffs.

Oaf
05-07-2009, 05:48 PM
The Losman fumble against the Jets actually made me laugh.

- JP's career had a nail in the coffin
- We were done weeks before that anyways.

SABURZFAN
05-07-2009, 06:53 PM

:mad:

Dying_-2-_Live
05-07-2009, 07:08 PM
hahaha dick move

Jan Reimers
05-08-2009, 09:08 AM
One game that really infuriated me was the opener several years ago against the Rams (I think?) when Tony Banks ran 20 some yards up the middle to beat us in the waning seconds.

I ripped up my Bills' shirt, wadded up my Bills' cap and threw it in a trash can, and almost fractured my shin kicking a guard rail, on my way out of the Ralph. My wife didn't speak to me for days, and the lump on my shin was there for years.

Jeff1220
05-08-2009, 10:36 AM
All of the ones listed are true for me too. But one that isn't listed is the fumble near the goal in SBXXVIII. It completely swung the momentum and score around in that game

Btw, my wife was a Fins fan when we started dated. She isn't anymore.

OpIv37
05-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Beat me to it Op...

Music City forward pass, I was too young for the Super Bowls... But the Tennessee game, the Cowboy's loss on MNF (I actually almost cried, don't judge me), and as stated above the Pittsburgh game where the world found out about Willie Parker and that Drew Bledsoe was washed up.

That Cowboys loss ****ing killed me. I started throwing stuff around the basement and fortunately I have one of those water-filled punching bags down there and I just started throwing punches in it until I was too tired to move.

That game made me question why I'm a fan Lately, it has been nothing but bitter disappointment. Forget the SB or the playoffs- we can't even pull off a big regular season win anymore.

Since that moment I haven't been able to get as pumped up for the games. It's hard when there is so little reason to believe that they will win.

BillsWin
05-08-2009, 11:59 AM
That Cowboys loss ****ing killed me. I started throwing stuff around the basement and fortunately I have one of those water-filled punching bags down there and I just started throwing punches in it until I was too tired to move.

That game made me question why I'm a fan Lately, it has been nothing but bitter disappointment. Forget the SB or the playoffs- we can't even pull off a big regular season win anymore.

Since that moment I haven't been able to get as pumped up for the games. It's hard when there is so little reason to believe that they will win.

whoa, talk about summing up my feelings. All these years I have always been pumped up for games. Even if we are losing. But ever since that cowboys game, I havent had as much heart as I used to. Now that Im alittle older and mature, maybe thats it. But, I really think that with that night, a little of my will to rootfor a losing team died.

OpIv37
05-08-2009, 12:08 PM
whoa, talk about summing up my feelings. All these years I have always been pumped up for games. Even if we are losing. But ever since that cowboys game, I havent had as much heart as I used to. Now that Im alittle older and mature, maybe thats it. But, I really think that with that night, a little of my will to rootfor a losing team died.

The reason every fan is a fan is because they want that payoff- that emotional high when the team pulls off a big win. That Dallas game was so close, and with that epic collapse it made me wonder if we're ever going to pull off a big win again.

BillsWin
05-08-2009, 12:21 PM
The reason every fan is a fan is because they want that payoff- that emotional high when the team pulls off a big win. That Dallas game was so close, and with that epic collapse it made me wonder if we're ever going to pull off a big win again.

You just said it, and with the lack of pay off in a decade isn't it an enigma as to why we've already sold 50,000 season tickets this year?

Don't get me wrong, love the Bills, will always follow them, but this IS getting a little ridiculous at how long we have had to wait for that pay off we deserve. With how much money Ive spent on Bills tickets and merch over the years I think I deserve some kind of reward...

Dr. Lecter
05-08-2009, 12:22 PM
There are so many.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Wide Right<o:p></o:p>
Home run Throwback (I was out of town and was able to get really, really, really, really drunk that night. I think.)<o:p></o:p>
Steelers game against 3rd stringers that had they won, they would have been a WC. Bledsoe, the defense, Moulds and Lindell messed up big time.<o:p></o:p>
Cowboys game. Most heartbreaking loss I have ever attended.<o:p></o:p>
Browns game. I did not leave my seat for a good half hour after the game. I just could not believe it.<o:p></o:p>
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:PersonName w:st="on">Tom</st1:PersonName> Dempsey's missed kick.<o:p></o:p>
Ronnie Harmon's dropped pass.<o:p></o:p>
Seeing <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Everett</st1:place></st1:City> almost die and then seeing the Bills blow that game too.<o:p></o:p>
The other 3 Super Bowls.<o:p></o:p>
Seeing the Bills let Rod Smith from the Chargers score his TD and lose the game despite a gallant effort by Joe Ferguson and his broken ankle after the 1980 season.<o:p></o:p>
The delay of game penalty against the Bengals in the playoffs after the 1981 season. <o:p></o:p>
Just give it to them. To this day, I think this is the only loss I will blame on the refs. The two teams were even and two awful calls against the Bills, in succession, gave the game to the Patriots. <o:p></o:p>
OJ Simpson, a childhood hero of mine, cutting off his ex-wife's head.<o:p></o:p>
Going to Cleveland, with Eb, Mike and Clump, sitting in some of the worst weather I have ever seen only to see the Bills lose 8-0, ending with an inexplicable play call on 4th down. <o:p></o:p>
Sigh. I can't keep thinking about this. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

TigerJ
05-08-2009, 04:13 PM
It was the first Bills game I ever attended. I don't recall the exact year, but it was in the very early 80s, a Monday night game versus the Jets. The Bills were stinking up the stadium, then known as Rich Stadium. They played as badly as I've ever seen them. In the second half, the crowd, which had been drinking too much, got ugly, Full cups of beer were flying through the air, the smell of stale beer hung heavy in the air. Fights were breaking out everywhere and fans were being thrown out by the scores.

Jan Reimers
05-08-2009, 04:27 PM
It was the first Bills game I ever attended. I don't recall the exact year, but it was in the very early 80s, a Monday night game versus the Jets. The Bills were stinking up the stadium, then known as Rich Stadium. They played as badly as I've ever seen them. In the second half, the crowd, which had been drinking too much, got ugly, Full cups of beer were flying through the air, the smell of stale beer hung heavy in the air. Fights were breaking out everywhere and fans were being thrown out by the scores.
Unfortunately, that sounds like every Monday night game I've ever been to at the Rich/Ralph.

DynaPaul
05-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Without a second's thought it was Wide Right for me. Super Bowl XXVII comes in 2nd for me. I was the only Bills fan in a room full of rowdy military guys rooting for the Cowboys. Third place is the 2nd half of Super Bowl XXVIII.

TigerJ
05-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Unfortunately, that sounds like every Monday night game I've ever been to at the Rich/Ralph.Well, I've been to the Monday Night games the last two years, thanks to Dr. Lecter's help, and while the last second defeats were heartbreaking, it wasn't close to the ugliness of that first game. That was the game that first inspired the Bills organization to restrict alcohol sales.

chubluv
05-08-2009, 10:25 PM
I've been a fan for most of my 36 years. I'm a season tix holder since 83. The Bills and us have been through a lot. I think Dr Lecter pretty much said it all with his listings. All I can add to that is I would rank the Ronnie Harmon dropped ball in Cleveland #1. I attended that game I was siting 7 rows up in that end zone and can still see the ball slip through his hands.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-08-2009, 10:31 PM
my entire life as a bills fan has been an awful time.

the ONLY bright spot is The Comeback. That is my moment to remmeber

im8th2buffalo
05-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Wow, I'd almost forgotten... First home MNF game in a decade + and we had it in the palm of our hands, and to lose in that fashion, its like having your heart ripped out of your chest. Why can't we ever catch a break? :banghead:

That was so awful. I had to be up early the next morning too. I was so excited about the Bills winning, and then it was like I was hit by a truck. It was like waking up Christmas morning excited about he gifts I had gotten only to be told that dad had lost his job and we couldn't keep the presents. I could not sleep for a few hours that night. I was sooo angry. http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/icons/icon8.gif

Wide right was one of the worst moments for me because all of my friends at the time were big Giants fans. I was watching the game with them on Long Island!

Losing to the Skins was tough because my new girlfriend was cheering for the skins. That did not last long!

Music City Mistake was another one.

Losing to Pittsburgh's backups to finish out of the playoffs in 04.

The newest one was letting Losman go. I cried when I found out they would not resign him. OK, I made that last one up.
WOW some of these games have been awful. I still can't get over some of them!

Mitchell55
05-09-2009, 12:49 AM
1st off, this is about to be the biggest thread in the history of football. 2nd, just because of my age, it would probably be the Cleveland or Dallas game that had playoff hopes for us. Cleveland mainly because on the screen to Fred Jackson, if he wouldve looked up field, he wouldve scored and we wouldve been able to tie it.

AndreReed83
05-09-2009, 02:06 AM
There are a few for me, most have been mentioned.

Music City Debacle. That was the first, and only, time I have ever seen my father look completely anguished in emotional pain. Plus, my best friend had become a Titans bandwagoner that season and he called me literally five minutes after it happened.

Cowboys MNF. This game upset me for so many reasons that do not need to be stated. I will say, I was so pissed off at this game that it caused me to do two things that I have never done before (aside from punching many walls). First, I actually stated that the Bills could move and I wouldn't care. Second, I rooted for the Patriots to win a game. They played the Cowboys next week, and I wanted the 'Boys to lose by 80.

Bruschi is God Game. This is my least favorite memory as a Bills fan. The announcers praised Bruschi for every little thing he did. The Bills once again let a very winnable game slip away. The officiating was simply horrible in the second half of the game; it became clear to me that the league had decided which team it wanted to win the game and it wasn't Buffalo. I recall a deep reception by the Pats were the ball clearly hit the ground before being possessed by the replay wasn't overturned and an offensive pass interference on Moulds. The Pats defender on the play, who joked with Moulds when the call was made, actually stated afterwards that the call was bogus. Ultimately, this game hurt so much because it was the first time that I realized the Bills were completely irrelevant in the NFL.

SeatownBillsFan21
05-09-2009, 02:56 AM
The last 8 seconds of Super bowl 25 without a doubt is my worst there are plenty of 2nd worst ie Tenn.they did ride that win into the SB that year .had that been Buffalo we would have won with some Flutie Magic

Boomstick
05-09-2009, 06:01 AM
Now, my worst memories as a Bills fan, they're the same as everyone else's. Wide right kills me, the "Miracle" kills me too.
But the one that gets me the most, the Bills didn't even have a part in. It was a personal experience.

OK, when I was 11 years old, 6th grade, playing of game of tackle football outside at recess. This was the best playground game I have ever played. I never usually got the ball, but I caught 2 TDs and had an INT for a TD too. Well after the INT, I went to make the tackle on the "kick off" and had my right arm stepped on, my elbow bent backward, separated and broke.

So for whatever reason they decided to call an ambulance to take me to the ER. I get there and they say they'll have to do surgery to repair and put in pins. They say "ok now, we're going to cut your Tshirt off of you and"
I stopped them right there!!! "Whoa now, you can't do that!!"
"Why?"
"This is my Jim Kelly Tshirt!!! Thats why!"
At this age my family was on hard times, so for me to have a Jim Kelly shirt was a wonderful thing. I begged them to just take the shirt off of me, but alas, they refused.
I then began to cry, not from the broken arm, but the thought of losing my only Bills Tshirt!

Typ0
05-09-2009, 06:44 AM
seeing Wade Phillips take championship level talent and put it into a grinder to make loser stew.

Ingtar33
05-09-2009, 06:45 AM
Wide Right ripped my heart out

The 3rd super bowl killed me too... not that i thought we'd win it, but i never in all my life expected that beat down. it was so horid, the most memorable thing about it is the don beebe - leon lett thing. That superbowl made me feel physically ill.

The loss to the dolphins in the 1998 wildcard... was horrid. I'll never be so mad at a football team like i was then... i mean i could have handled us losing to pretty much anyone BUT the fins... i just hate them too much to stomach that loss... and to lose it because Flutie got sacked on 4th down... ugh... it makes me so mad.

The loss to the titans hurt... but it wasn't in the class of watching us lose to the fins the year before. Mostly because we would have been butchered by the Jags the following week. Remember, that year the jags pretty much destroyed everyone they played... they had 2 losses all year long, both to the titans. They dominated everyone else they played. And i mean dominated. We would have been killed had we got past the titans... and the Jags would have won the superbowl. Because i knew the year was done win or loss, it didn't hurt me that much to see the loss.

HHURRICANE
05-09-2009, 11:08 AM
A thread for 20K fans to say....

Wide Right.

I was there, that end of the field. My wife thought it went threw, but I was watching the jumbo-tron.

Grown people were crying so I don't know why we need to have this thread either.

Unless of course you enjoy 20,000 Giants fans yelling "you suck" in the parking lot, on the bus, at your hotel, in the airport, and the pilot of the plane taking you home.

Yeah good times...good times.

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Wide Right ripped my heart out

The 3rd super bowl killed me too... not that i thought we'd win it, but i never in all my life expected that beat down. it was so horid, the most memorable thing about it is the don beebe - leon lett thing. That superbowl made me feel physically ill.

The loss to the dolphins in the 1998 wildcard... was horrid. I'll never be so mad at a football team like i was then... i mean i could have handled us losing to pretty much anyone BUT the fins... i just hate them too much to stomach that loss... and to lose it because Flutie got sacked on 4th down... ugh... it makes me so mad.

The loss to the titans hurt... but it wasn't in the class of watching us lose to the fins the year before. Mostly because we would have been butchered by the Jags the following week. Remember, that year the jags pretty much destroyed everyone they played... they had 2 losses all year long, both to the titans. They dominated everyone else they played. And i mean dominated. We would have been killed had we got past the titans... and the Jags would have won the superbowl. Because i knew the year was done win or loss, it didn't hurt me that much to see the loss.

That's the thing. i disagree with you on Jacksonville. I remember them being dominating. But @ the same time, i was very confident that we matched up well with them. I think we could have won the superbowl if we beat the titans that year

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-09-2009, 02:54 PM
I was there, that end of the field. My wife thought it went threw, but I was watching the jumbo-tron.

Grown people were crying so I don't know why we need to have this thread either.

Unless of course you enjoy 20,000 Giants fans yelling "you suck" in the parking lot, on the bus, at your hotel, in the airport, and the pilot of the plane taking you home.

Yeah good times...good times.

then why the **** are you responding?

BILLSROCK1212
05-09-2009, 02:59 PM
the Cowboy game 2 years ago

alohabillsfan
05-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Week 2 2001 Patriots verse the Jets. Mo Lewis crushes Bledsoe, well, you know the rest!

MikeInRoch
05-09-2009, 03:11 PM

That game was literally nearly heart breaking for me. I had heart palpitations during the last several minutes of the game, and after the game. I was very close to dialing 911.

Jan Reimers
05-09-2009, 03:27 PM
That game was literally nearly heart breaking for me. I had heart palpitations during the last several minutes of the game, and after the game. I was very close to dialing 911.
My son was literally speaking in tongues after that game. But it wasn't a religious experience, so much as a lot of beer and an absolute hideous defeat.

Spiderweb
05-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Music City Miracle. Hands down. I thought we would go all the way if we could just get past Tenn... Wide right hurt for me too, but I just knew we'd lose that game. I felt it through all four quarters. So I guess I didnt get as big of a shock as the people who believed with 100% certainty that we would win.

I was devastated, and it still hurts to watch or hear the jokes of course, but for me the Music City Miracle hit home. I really had it embedded in my mind that if we won that game we would make it all the way to the super bowl and win.

Wide right (SB-25) was the worst, but this was a close second. The Bills had the game except for some very poor ST play, and the Bills managed to snatch humiliation from the jaws of victory.

Tthe thinking that we could have gone all the way is doubtful at best and likely The Bills had no chance at all. Fina was hurt, Hicks was hurt, and if I recall correctly one of our guards was out as well. Couple this with the "Rob Johnson - Doug Flutie disaster" and I never felt the Bills had a shot, even if they beat the Titans.

ALL D
05-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Since I broke a bottle over my forehead and got stitches, I would say wide right... Nobody talked to me for a week after that...not one word at work or home...

X-Era
05-11-2009, 05:44 AM
About a month ago, i started a thread asking about your best memory as a Bills fan.

I figure most people will say the end of SB XXV, but for my money, I felt worse at the end of the music city miracle. I remember sitting on my couch, motionless, and speechless for about 40 minutes, just staring @ the screen blankly wondering what just happened. As bad as SBXXV was, @ least you figured it was a 50/50 shot. You had already mentally prepared it could go either way. In the music city miracle, you had no idea what was about to happen. The worst part for me was that not only did I feel that the teams TN beat that year would have all lost to us, I thought we matched up very well against the Rams.

ps another high ranking moment was the Losman fumble vs the Jets at the end of the game this year.

Both Cowboys losses... I hated them then, I hate them now.

The next worst would be Music City Miracle.

X-Era
05-11-2009, 05:44 AM

I dont think they even had it back then

MikeInRoch
05-11-2009, 06:28 AM
Back during the Cowboys Monday nighter? Yeah, they did...