X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Guardedly optimistic

When Eric Wood was pulled off the board by Buffalo near the end of round one the Bills felt fortunate. They were adding a proven interior lineman with some nasty to his game. A round later when they saw Andy Levitre was sliding they surrendered third and fourth-round selections to trade up and grab him as well. Forecast to play the same position, Wood and Levitre are working together to make sure they experience success in the NFL sooner rather than later.

The two guards for the Bills were on the phone not long after Levitre was taken late in round two.

• ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Guardedly optimistic

I am looking forward to preseason to see what we really have on the OL...

I'm not pessimistic, but I am concerned about it.... I need to see them play... hopefully we are much tougher up the middle,

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by ddaryl
      I am looking forward to preseason to see what we really have on the OL...

I'm not pessimistic, but I am concerned about it.... I need to see them play... hopefully we are much tougher up the middle,
      i just hope they run the ball better. With TO and Evans, it will be much more difficult for teams to stack 8 guys in the box, and if we can consistently push the D-line back, it will be tough to focus on one aspect of our offense.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
        i just hope they run the ball better. With TO and Evans, it will be much more difficult for teams to stack 8 guys in the box, and if we can consistently push the D-line back, it will be tough to focus on one aspect of our offense.
        I just hope that Turk also learned in the offseason what a play action is all about. It really does help fool defenses into thinking we're running.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Oaf
          Do you read what you write?
          • Jun 2007

Same "Guardedly optimistic", "you gotta BILLieve" crap every year around this time. I was really excited about our draft last season too.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Oaf
            Same "Guardedly optimistic", "you gotta BILLieve" crap every year around this time. I was really excited about our draft last season too.
            good, I hope you eventually get that excitement back. Its fun!

Comment

• Captain gameboy
              • Jul 2002

This connection is a good thing.
              Bruce Smith and Cornelius Bennett had a bit of this going on the AFC championship years.

I like these two so far, over what has been an abandoned position on this team for years, but this will take a couple of years, and I'm not sure the fans will give Wilson the room to give Jauron the time.

Comment

Working...
              X