X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TypicalBill
    • Sep 2002

NFC News & Notes

Green Bay Packers running back AHMAN GREEN has established himself as one of the NFL’s best at his position.
    This spring, the two-time All-Star with three consecutive 1,000-yard rushing seasons proved he could excel on a different playing field, earning his college degree from the University of Nebraska.

“A goal of mine since I was a child was to go to college, not only to play football, but to get a degree,” says Green. “Football was extra, a bonus and a way to get a scholarship. This degree is something I can use at any time, especially to help shape my kids and my younger family members.”

Green departed Nebraska on the heels of a 1,877-yard, 22-touchdown season in 1997, helping the Cornhuskers to a share of the national championship. The Seattle Seahawks drafted Green in the third round of the 1998 NFL Draft but traded him to Green Bay in 2000, where he emerged as a dominant offensive force.

Despite leaving Nebraska 73 credits shy of a geography degree, Green promised his parents he would earn that coveted sheepskin.

MORE
    For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com
Working...
X