X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TypicalBill
    • Sep 2002

BEARS - Veterans not weary of young pups

Confident in their own abilities, quarterback Kordell Stewart and defensive end Phillip Daniels aren't threatened by the presence of rookie first-round draft picks at their respective positions.

The two veterans have played in the NFL long enough to understand that personnel moves are driven by the seemingly disparate desire to win today and build for tomorrow.

"It's business. That's what they have to do for whatever business reasons they need to do it," Stewart said in discussing the Bears' selection of Florida's Rex Grossman with the 22nd overall pick.

"I know that I'm here myself and all I need to do is really take care of my business and everything else will take care of itself."

Daniels has a similar perspective on the Bears' decision to draft Penn State's Michael Haynes at No. 14.

"It just adds depth, that's how I look at it," Daniels said. "I'm not insecure about anything. This is a guy that's going to come in and help this team. I know what I can do. He's not pushing me at all."

more
    For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com
Working...
X