PDA

View Full Version : John Clayton: Bills had 6th best offseason

sauce
05-07-2009, 05:36 PM
(http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=4148617)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=4148617

6. Buffalo Bills: The Bills rolled the dice by signing Terrell Owens, but no team had a more glaring need for a second receiving option than the Bills did last year. When teams stopped Marshawn Lynch on the ground and double-teamed Lee Evans, the Bills couldn't do anything on offense. They upgraded the middle of their offensive line with center Geoff Hangartner and rookie guards Eric Woods and Andy Levitre. The final piece could come if they can sign Bengals tackle Levi Jones, who was released Wednesday. Fourth-round choice Shawn Nelson could be the pass-catching tight end. Drayton Florence should help the secondary, and Aaron Maybin was the pass-rusher head coach Dick Jauron had been seeking for more than a year.

Hmmmm Maybe Russ Brandon is more than just a marketing guy

BillsWin
05-07-2009, 05:46 PM
I enjoyed watching our off season in a profound, proud way. I was adequately impressed by the way the front office approached the off season, and Clayton is right. Levi would make the o-line a little better.

sauce
05-07-2009, 05:48 PM
I enjoyed watching our off season in a profound, proud way. I was adequately impressed by the way the front office approached the off season, and Clayton is right. Levi would make the o-line a little better.

Levi Jones Calls Off Seattle Trip
Posted by Mike Florio on May 7, 2009, 5:46 p.m.
Apparently, beggars can be choosers.

A day after Alex Marvez reported that free-agent tackle Levi Jones would visit the Seahawks, Marvez reports that Jones has canceled the trip.

Per Marvez, “Jones will pursue feelers he has received from other teams first.”

The fact that the Seahawks pursued Jones so quickly after his release suggests that the team has real concerns about the ability of 35-year-old Walter Jones to continue at a high level after undergoing offseason microfracture surgery.

The link was from ProFottball talk.com

Oaf
05-07-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm thinking Detroit again to be honest for him.

LtFinFan66
05-07-2009, 06:30 PM
You guys always rag on Clayton so you can"t like him now:rofl:

BillsWin
05-07-2009, 06:37 PM
You guys always rag on Clayton so you can"t like him now:rofl:

Oh I dont like him at all, but he has a point with this piece here.

LtFinFan66
05-07-2009, 07:49 PM
of course he does.:up:

BillsOwnAll
05-07-2009, 08:48 PM
New England? Really? Are they on that list just because there the Patriots?

The Spaz
05-07-2009, 08:52 PM
New England? Really? Are they on that list just because there the Patriots?

Yep.

BillsWin
05-07-2009, 08:54 PM
of course he does.:up:

oh please, even as a fin fan you got to have noticed that the Bills did pretty well this offseason. :air: :D

LtFinFan66
05-07-2009, 08:54 PM
New England? Really? Are they on that list just because there the Patriots?of course

yordad
05-07-2009, 09:00 PM
I don't think the Bills should be 6th. I think they got way too much credit for TO.

The Lions should be higher.