Levi doesnt mean anyones out, but also doesnt mean everyones a full starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Levi doesnt mean anyones out, but also doesnt mean everyones a full starter

Because of the no huddle, we need our backups to play almost as much as our starters. People keep trying to figure out whos starting, whos not. But I wouldnt be surprised if Levi and Levitre sub out and in. Honestly especially as a rookie, comming in and running the NH can be difficult, I think the rotational OL is the reason for Levi.

PS- I know this is my 4th thread in the past 6 hours. I need to stop.
    Last edited by Mitchell55; 05-08-2009, 12:43 AM.
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: Levi doesnt mean anyones out, but also doesnt mean everyones a full starter

Levitre wont be playing tackle (much less LT) in the NFL.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Mitchell55
      only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Devin
      Levitre wont be playing tackle (much less LT) in the NFL.

Switch around. Butler to Guard, Levi to tackle. Levitre is guard in normal set with Butler at tackle. When Levi comes in Butler to G and Levi to tackle

Comment

• SabreEleven
        • Aug 2002

When did he sign?

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mitchell55
          Switch around. Butler to Guard, Levi to tackle. Levitre is guard in normal set with Butler at tackle. When Levi comes in Butler to G and Levi to tackle
          It's always a brilliant strategy to have your guys flip flopping betwen several positions on the OL throughout the season AND games. The last thing you want is consistency on the O-line, or people get to comfortable. Best to move them around constantly and keep them on their toes for sure, because it's really the same as the whole 2 RB thing.

This is why most teams swap people around all the time. 85% of the time it works everytime.

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
              • Mar 2004

Even Better.

We have a 9 man rotation, where everyone moves one spot to the right on each play, with th RT coming off the field and being replaced by the next guy in line at LT. So your LT is fresh EVERY play. Kind of like they do in high school volleyball.

BRILLIANT!
              Last edited by Canadian'eh!; 05-08-2009, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

why are you posting about guys not even on our team? Do you have inside info that we've signed Levi Jones? If not-- WTF is this all about?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  why are you posting about guys not even on our team? Do you have inside info that we've signed Levi Jones? If not-- WTF is this all about?
                  John Clayton listed Levi Jones as a "key offseason addition" for the Bills last night.

But Mitchell55 does this all the time- he does things like post potential starting lineups that include draft picks before we made them or FA's we never signed. If there is some indication that we're going after a player, he gets a little too excited.

But it's ok- being premature is a common problem at his age.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• elltrain22
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mitchell55
                    Because of the no huddle, we need our backups to play almost as much as our starters. People keep trying to figure out whos starting, whos not. But I wouldnt be surprised if Levi and Levitre sub out and in. Honestly especially as a rookie, comming in and running the NH can be difficult, I think the rotational OL is the reason for Levi.

PS- I know this is my 4th thread in the past 6 hours. I need to stop.

Thats one good thing I really like about our o line this year versus other years. We actually have pretty good depth. So if we wanted to sub in and out more frequently, we certainly could do that, and not miss a beat.

PS- Don't apologize for posting!!
                    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Bufftp
                      Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      And at your age so negative you're never up!

But I see nothing with what if discussions, it can be fun for some fans.
                      Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                      "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                      Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                      - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                      to be led by permanent ideals -
                      that is what keeps a man patient
                      when the world ignores him,
                      and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• GvilleBills
                        • Mar 2006

John Clayton listed Levi Jones as a "key offseason addition" for the Bills last night.

But Mitchell55 does this all the time- he does things like post potential starting lineups that include draft picks before we made them or FA's we never signed. If there is some indication that we're going after a player, he gets a little too excited.

Clayton actually said he would be the icing on the offseason cake, if we signed him.
                        There was a Wiki post claiming he was signed, but it was quickly removed.
                        No text message, no signing. It has worked pretty well for me so far.
                        Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006

I doubt he does Pat. But we're all suppose to love the boys enthusiasm for the Bills , forget he's 15 and just say nice things about his many daily posts!

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• Lexwhat
                            • Feb 2005

But it's ok- being premature is a common problem...

This is what Justa's wife said.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Signing Levi Jones can't hurt.

Comment

Working...
                              X