PDA

View Full Version : DiGiorgio closer to 100 percent

The Spaz
05-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Bills linebacker John DiGiorgio went down on a punt return tearing his ACL on a non-contact play in Buffalo’s Week 7 win over San Diego last season. Now six months removed from surgery, DiGiorgio is getting closer and closer to once again being football ready.

“I would say I’m just a little ways off,” DiGiorgio told Buffalobills.com. “Not back to 100 percent quite yet. I’ve been doing some running and doing some cutting and just strengthening everything and regaining flexibility. Everything has been improving over the last couple of months. I’ve noticed significant gains of late and I’m doing real well.”

Despite all that progress however, DiGiorgio is not going to be ready to participate in the team’s OTAs which get started on May 18.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/digiorgio-closer-to-100-percent/dfc522db-848b-4b0c-ac3d-50fa27e5a1f3

justasportsfan
05-08-2009, 09:00 AM
we need him soon. He's quality depth.

casdhf
05-08-2009, 09:05 AM
I'd like to see him get a shot to start over Ellison.

Commissioner
05-08-2009, 09:16 AM

I would take just about anyone over Keith Ellison.

Keith Ellison... you are the weakest link.

elltrain22
05-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Digi is a key player for us this year. A quality guy, that provides much needed depth, at a position of importance.:historian:

bflobarry
05-08-2009, 01:33 PM
He "should be ready by training camp" means he won't be. Mark it down. Too bad, he's good depth. But we'll survive....

ServoBillieves
05-08-2009, 01:36 PM

THANK YOU.

Who would really complain about a DiGiorgio/Posluszny/Mitchell LB corp? I wouldn't mind that on running downs, then put in Harris or Bowen on passing plays. Of course neither are sure things, but Ellison has to go...

ddaryl
05-08-2009, 02:38 PM
I think it will take DiGi more then camp to be starter ready if he could win the spot... The ACL is tough thing to bounce back from.

Night Train
05-09-2009, 10:40 AM

Then we are once again settling for backups with limited ability posing as starters, ala Kelsay.

yordad
05-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Then we are once again settling for backups with limited ability posing as starters, ala Kelsay.Well kinda, yeah. But, when your "backup" is better then your starter, whatcha gonna do?

You can only work with what ya got. I think Digi should have been starting over Ellison last year. Ellison made like one play the entire year...... he ran for a 1st down on a fake punt.

Nighthawk
05-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Digi is awful, just like Ellison. This really doesn't mean anything.

yordad
05-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Digi is awful, just like Ellison. This really doesn't mean anything.OK, so they both suck. That wasn't the question though. Let me rephrase it, "Who sucks the least?"

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
05-10-2009, 01:19 AM
Did we resigned him?

Back in 07 I remember he was pretty fast against the run, the opposite of Ellison. I would love Fewell to use him as an outside instead of Ellison.

justasportsfan
05-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Digi sucked?He wasn't great but he did admirably well without a Stroud in front of him.

BillsWin
05-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Digi sucked?He wasn't great but he did admirably well without a Stroud in front of him.

One of the best posts of the thread. He wasnt all-world, but he wasnt a liability, and that was without stroud up front.

justasportsfan
05-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Digi was thrown to the wolves in his rookie year. If you take into consideration his college background , where he was drafted , Timay, Tripplett and Mcargo in front of him ,one can say he did very well and at times looked better than Poz if you once again take into consideration where Poz was drafted ,his college program (lb U) . NO way am I saying that Digi is the answer, but if he's a bust this early into his career then maybe we should give up on POz too becuase Poz himself wasn't great either with better DTs in front of him and having had a year on the bench learning the book .

ParanoidAndroid
05-11-2009, 10:12 PM
THANK YOU.

Who would really complain about a DiGiorgio/Posluszny/Mitchell LB corp? I wouldn't mind that on running downs, then put in Harris or Bowen on passing plays. Of course neither are sure things, but Ellison has to go...

Ellison is actually pretty good on passing downs. It's what makes him a good back-up. What makes him a bad starter is his wekness against the run.