PDA

View Full Version : Pisa Tinoisamoa

Mitchell55
05-08-2009, 12:29 PM
104 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 FF. Has had 80 or more tackles in each season he started 16 games.

The Spaz
05-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Isn't he still with the Rams?

ServoBillieves
05-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Oh. He was just released. I don't think we pick him up though.

ddaryl
05-08-2009, 12:57 PM
stats say he could be a good addition.. can he cover the pass ??? he has sacks forced fumbles but littlle INT's

why did Louey cut him ???

more cowbell
05-08-2009, 01:07 PM
wow actually a very good thread.

and he would definetaly be an upgrade over keith ellison

Mahdi
05-08-2009, 01:09 PM
104 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 FF. Has had 80 or more tackles in each season he started 16 games.
Pisa is a fast, athletic LB not a big guy. He is actually a prototypical cover 2 LB.

TheMan08
05-08-2009, 01:26 PM
I like him too.

I prefer him over Brooks

ServoBillieves
05-08-2009, 01:27 PM
stats say he could be a good addition.. can he cover the pass ??? he has sacks forced fumbles but littlle INT's

I think injury concerns

Scumbag College
05-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Bring him in!!!!

TheMan08
05-08-2009, 01:34 PM

Our View: He notched 104 tackles last season, but lacks size and head coach Steve Spagnuolo likes bigger linebackers. James Laurinaitis becomes the starting middle linebacker with the move, and Chris Draft slides into the strong-side role.

OpIv37
05-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Assuming he's healthy, I could go either way on this one.

He seems like someone who could contribute, but he's not the kind of difference-maker that's going to put this team over the top.

Canadian'eh!
05-08-2009, 02:08 PM
He was healthy last year, but ended the 2 previous seasons on IR, though he played 9 games and 14 games those years before being injured. But he seemed fine last year.

I like him a lot and at 6'1 240lbs he's bigger than ellison.

scouts in report:
2008 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
Grade: 66 | Key (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/scouts/news/story?id=2996209)
Alert: None

Comment: He plays with very good lateral quickness and can change directions quickly. He has speed to the sideline with burst to close. He lacks overall strength to play stout, but can be aggressive on entry into blocks. He will stay stuck too long at times and lose ground working to escape. He still enters into some lead block contact with his shoulder first. He has good balance, but will get bounced. He is quick enough to sidestep or elude contact on his path to the ball. He has range and can close quickly from the backside to make plays. He usually provides good wrap on tackles and has some pop to him when he squares up. In coverage, he has good awareness. He'll stay on the field when the Rams go to nickel personnel. He is aggressive with his reads and will bite occasionally on play-action. He moves well in space, changes direction quickly and can recover from false steps. His overall reactions are adequate. He can close quickly after making reads. He is a productive player with good speed and range, when healthy.

TheMan08
05-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Regardless of OVER THE TOP. He is an improvement over Ellison.

Canadian'eh!
05-08-2009, 02:14 PM
I swear, it really wouldn't take much to make me happier about the OLB spot. They could sign 47 year old Lawrence Taylor and i'd be celebrating at this point.

EDIT: to make me feel better, I have to remind myself that Ellison is at least no Eddie Robinson.

ddaryl
05-08-2009, 02:34 PM
the Bills have been real complacent about upgrading the OLB position which means they are ovelry confident in there players returning from injury...

this is worrisome... I sincerely hope they plan to continue to upgrade this team heading into camp.

ddaryl
05-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Assuming he's healthy, I could go either way on this one.

He seems like someone who could contribute, but he's not the kind of difference-maker that's going to put this team over the top.

but he destroys Ellison in the stat department, and at this junction that is all that I need.

but I still know very little about him.

Don't Panic
05-08-2009, 02:42 PM
This guy looks too good to be true... I sincerely hope OBD brings him for a check see. Even if he get's hurt at some point, that just puts us back to where we are right now - Keith Ellison as the starting OLB.

ddaryl
05-08-2009, 02:52 PM
This guy looks too good to be true... I sincerely hope OBD brings him for a check see. Even if he get's hurt at some point, that just puts us back to where we are right now - Keith Ellison as the starting OLB.

We ha ve Digi and Bowen who could win the battle over Ellison... it owuld be nice to have another vet in the competition that can push them all

Hamilton Billsfan
05-08-2009, 03:43 PM
....so why was he released again? I don't get it, it appears he wasn't injured, was he due a large roster bonus from the contract he signed in Oct 2006 or was due to make more than what St.Louis felt he was worth?

TheMan08
05-08-2009, 04:14 PM
....so why was he released again? I don't get it, it appears he wasn't injured, was he due a large roster bonus from the contract he signed in Oct 2006 or was due to make more than what St.Louis felt he was worth?

Our View: He notched 104 tackles last season, but lacks size and head coach Steve Spagnuolo likes bigger linebackers. James Laurinaitis becomes the starting middle linebacker with the move, and Chris Draft slides into the strong-side role.

TigerJ
05-08-2009, 04:16 PM
He doesn't have experience in the Tampa 2, but otherwise sounds like a real good fit. Buffalo needs to at least consider this guy.

Hamilton Billsfan
05-08-2009, 04:49 PM

it seems that the Rams management looks to be a bunch dumb bunnies for releasing a perfectly serviceable LB with experience.His existing contract doesn't look like he was overly paid.Oh well,....... it is the Rams.:scratch: :huh:

O.K. He seems to fit , I hope we can sign him.:popcorn:

GvilleBills
05-08-2009, 05:44 PM
He doesn't have experience in the Tampa 2, but otherwise sounds like a real good fit. Buffalo needs to at least consider this guy.
I think he played for Fewell in St. Louis, so they have some familiarity with each other. Should help with him learning the verbage if he comes here. I would like the pickup.

Michael82
05-09-2009, 08:55 AM
He would be perfect for our defense. They again, so was Crowell, and June and Keiaho. I think we're stuck with Ellison again for some reason.... :ill:

Jan Reimers
05-09-2009, 09:04 AM
I think he played for Fewell in St. Louis, so they have some familiarity with each other.
That may be why we haven't fallen all over ourselves to sign him. But I realize he was just released, so if Fewell likes him, we may take a shot at him.

Dr. Pepper
05-09-2009, 04:01 PM
he was released by THE RAMS. that has to tell you something...

TheMan08
05-09-2009, 04:11 PM
he was released by THE RAMS. that has to tell you something...

THE RAMS won a Super Bowl more recently than us.

Dr. Pepper
05-09-2009, 04:33 PM
THE RAMS won a Super Bowl more recently than us.

yeah yeah you know what i meant smart@$$... he was released by a team that went 2-14, better? :peace:

X-Era
05-09-2009, 05:09 PM
No reason we shouldnt go after this guy fast. Hes an upgrade to Ellison, and after that we have guys that are just too young or not very good.

SquishDaFish
05-09-2009, 05:17 PM
They were 2-14 for a reason or reasons. Maybe because of mistakes like this?? :idunno:

Buddo
05-09-2009, 06:19 PM
At times the 'he was released by a bad team' argument, is specious at best.
Look at the individual situation before making that sort of assessment.
In this instance, you have a significant coaching change. This will inevitably bring changes in system philosophy.
The NFL in some areas, is so specialized, that decent players get cut regularly, because their new coach/coordinator, feels they no longer 'fit' what is trying to be done.
In this instance, there is also a decent cap saving to be had - between $2-3 million I believe - not immense by any stretch, but not totally insignificant either.
Now I don't know how good or not this guy is, but he's a vet who is likely to be an upgrade. If we can bring him in and get him to compete, then I see little risk, for at least some reward.

The Spaz
05-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Langston Walker was released by a **** team and he worked out for us.

SABURZFAN
05-09-2009, 10:17 PM

not to mention that his $3.25 million contract is too high for a backup too.