MNF vs Patriots Should be Interesting....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Commissioner
    • Dec 2004

MNF vs Patriots Should be Interesting....

I've been rolling through scenerios in my little brain about how the Bills could possibly beat New England in Week 1 on Monday Night Football... in Foxboro....

Here's some things that might be in our favor.

- Brady could be rusty. It will be a year since he last suited for a real game. Is his knee injury going to be in the back of his mind? The Bills need to pressure him, and pressure him from the 1st pass play. Don't let him feel comfortable in the pocket on his reconstructed knee.

- Brady will be working with a new offensive coordinator. Will they be on the same page? I don't even know if they have selected a new OC.

- The Patriots still have aging Bruschi but have lost two veteran leaders on defense. Vrabel and Harrison. Harrison is a big one. They were way better on defense when he was in the secondary lining guys up.

- The Patriots can still double cover Lee Evans. And sure they can double T.O. also. But go ahead and let them cover Josh Reed, Shawn Nelson, and Freddy Jackson with linebackers. The Bills have a lot of good weapons on offense. They should be able to get 1 of them the ball whenever they want. It's up to Turk and Trent to get err done.

Any other ideas??
    Last edited by Commissioner; 05-08-2009, 12:58 PM.
    Draft Gabbert at #3!
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: MNF vs Patriots Should be Interesting....

TO plays his best in the spot-light. I think that's about all we have going for us.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Commissioner
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by casdhf
      TO plays his best in the spot-light. I think that's about all we have going for us.
      It's gonna take more than 1 player to beat New England. Geeze... where's the optimism.
      Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• billsfanone
        Majored in Home Economics
        • Sep 2008

Do you think the announcers will be as obnoxious about Brady's return as they were with Bruchi's?

Comment

• Commissioner
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by billsfanone
          Do you think the announcers will be as obnoxious about Brady's return as they were with Bruchi's?
          I think Terrell Owens will take some spot light off of the Brady scrotem loving.
          Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
            • Apr 2008

i predict josh reed will have a monster game. new england will be too busy focusing on evans and owens, due to all the hype. fred jackson will also show that he can be a #1 back in this league, exploding for 150 yards combined.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Commissioner
              I've been rolling through scenerios in my little brain about how the Bills could possibly beat New England in Week 1 on Monday Night Football... in Foxboro....

- Brady could be rusty. It will be a year since he last suited for a real game. Is his knee injury going to be in the back of his mind? The Bills need to pressure him, and pressure him from the 1st pass play. Don't let him feel comfortable in the pocket on his reconstructed knee.

- Brady will be working with a new offensive coordinator. Will they be on the same page? I don't even know if they have selected a new OC.

- The Patriots still have aging Bruschi but have lost two veteran leaders on defense. Vrabel and Harrison. Harrison is a big one. They were way better on defense when he was in the secondary lining guys up.

- The Patriots can still double cover Lee Evans. And sure they can double T.O. also. But go ahead and let them cover Josh Reed, Shawn Nelson, and Freddy Jackson with linebackers. The Bills have a lot of good weapons on offense. They should be able to get 1 of them the ball whenever they want. It's up to Turk and Trent to get err done.

Any other ideas??
              - Our pass rush still sucks. Pressuring Brady won't be easy at all

-The Pats change coordinators all the time and it makes no difference. It's the same system and it won't matter.

-Our O will be young and inexperienced and has not worked together before, which more than offsets the Patriots loss.

-Our weapons on O won't matter because Wilfork will be eating the rookies on the OL for lunch.

This is going to be a typical blowout at the hands of the Pats.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Commissioner
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                - Our pass rush still sucks. Pressuring Brady won't be easy at all

-The Pats change coordinators all the time and it makes no difference. It's the same system and it won't matter.

-Our O will be young and inexperienced and has not worked together before, which more than offsets the Patriots loss.

-Our weapons on O won't matter because Wilfork will be eating the rookies on the OL for lunch.

This is going to be a typical blowout at the hands of the Pats.
                I'm well aware of all this.... i've been looking for things to be optimistic about.
                Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Mitchell55
                  only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                  • Feb 2008

I dont care if we are anywhere close to him but if hes about to wind up, just dive at his knee but dont hit him, he will flinch alot now.

Comment

• Commissioner
                    • Dec 2004

I'm looking for Trent to outplay Brady on Monday Night Football. 27/33 4 Td's 390 Yards.
                    Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Any other ideas??
                      The most important thing going for us is that Bellichick is a game planner and he will have nothing to go on with Buffalo with regards to how we use Owens, Nelson and the strengths and weaknesses of our revamped OL.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

I'm looking for Trent to outplay Brady on Monday Night Football. 27/33 4 Td's 390 Yards.
                        Maybe in Madden '10. Not on the field.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• casdhf
                          • Jul 2002

We're also without Lynch.
                          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Commissioner
                            • Dec 2004

Hopefully Brady lost his focus for football with a year off spent in the arms of Gisele Bundchen.
                            Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• TheMan08
                              Knocks only the living.
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by casdhf
                              We're also without Lynch.
                              Not if he appeals which i expect

Comment

Working...
                              X