• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Now Tim Graham says Levi is interested in Bills

in his chat today.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

craig new york: Any news if the Bills will bring in Levi Jones? Do you think he is interested in playing in Buffalo?

Tim Graham: I'm not sure of the Bills' interest level in Levi Jones. I know they SHOULD be. I've also been told by a source close to Jones he likes the idea of playing for Buffalo but will take his time before he signs with anybody.
  • ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Re: Now Tim Graham says Levi is interested in Bills

Would be a nice addition. Either as depth or as our starting LT. If he does sign, we can fairly solidify a skeptical line.

Walker-Butler-Wood-Levitre-Jones looks better than

Butler-Levitre-Hangartner-Wood-Walker IMO...
    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• elltrain22
      • Sep 2003

In the end, he'll be a Bill. I am confident we'll get'r'done
      If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• DMBcrew36
        • Feb 2005

I think the Bills would rather be lame and complacent with their draft picks and backups that currently comprise the o-line.

Comment

• Mitchell55
          only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
          • Feb 2008

Honestly with our rookies attitude, im not sure we will be able to bench them.

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

I think Levitre would be the odd man out, but likely not for long. Wood would take over for Hangartner (at center) sooner then later, creating room for Levitre at G. I just don't think they would want a rookie center calling the shots on a revamped line.

Either way, I highly doubt they go for Jones.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

Injuries happen all he time on the OL. You need depth there. Jones would be a good addition because if Walker goes down I am not confident their is anyone else to play LT. With Jones at least you could have him at LT and if he gets hurt Walker could move from the right to left side.
              Last edited by don137; 05-09-2009, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• User Manuel
                The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
                • Nov 2003

Anyone that thinks anyone but Hangartner will be the starting C this year is fooling themselves.

Levitre or Wood sits if he is signed.

Comment

• Luisito23
                  Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                  • Apr 2003

Unless he's willing to play for free there's no way we sign him trust me...We're done with free agency.
                  Last edited by Luisito23; 05-11-2009, 07:53 AM.
                  "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                  ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                  ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                  ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by Luisito23
                    Unless he's willing to play for free there's no way we sign him trust me...We're done with free agency.
                    I'm beginning to feel the same way. I think the FO likes Walker, Butler, Chambers and Bell at tackle,as well as our young LBs to challenge Ellison, and even our rather thin DT corps to be OK.

Whether their confidence is well founded or not remains to be seen.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Buddo
                      • Mar 2007

I actually don't think they are done with FA tbh. I think it's quite possible they will take a long look at the LB position with Tiniosamoa (sp?) available, especially as Fewell will be familiar with him. I'd doubt they will do much else however - at LB anyway.
                      I'm not so sure I would rule out Jones yet entirely, either. For all that him being available will seem like nobody is interested for a while, I believe that he has been quoted as not being fit until around June anyway, after some off season surgery to clear up scar tissue on his leg. This likely means, that interested teams, will not 'jump the gun' until he can actually work out for them.
                      I wouldn't be that surprised if the Bills did pick up Jones necessarily, although I think it would be dependant on a decent workout/medical, but I would be surprised if it happened in the next week or two.
                      I'd also say that it is quite possible they will bring in a decent vet TE also, of the blocking variety, now we have Nelson. We still look pretty 'thin' at the position to me.
                      I certainly do not expect any 'big splash' type moves, but I would think that they pick up a guy somewhere, who ends up doing a decent job for us this year.

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Buddo
                        I actually don't think they are done with FA tbh. I think it's quite possible they will take a long look at the LB position with Tiniosamoa (sp?) available, especially as Fewell will be familiar with him. I'd doubt they will do much else however - at LB anyway.
                        I'm not so sure I would rule out Jones yet entirely, either. For all that him being available will seem like nobody is interested for a while, I believe that he has been quoted as not being fit until around June anyway, after some off season surgery to clear up scar tissue on his leg. This likely means, that interested teams, will not 'jump the gun' until he can actually work out for them.
                        I wouldn't be that surprised if the Bills did pick up Jones necessarily, although I think it would be dependant on a decent workout/medical, but I would be surprised if it happened in the next week or two.
                        I'd also say that it is quite possible they will bring in a decent vet TE also, of the blocking variety, now we have Nelson. We still look pretty 'thin' at the position to me.
                        I certainly do not expect any 'big splash' type moves, but I would think that they pick up a guy somewhere, who ends up doing a decent job for us this year.
                        The Bills brought in a blocking TE, Gradkowski(sp), predraft for interviews (I actually feared they might take him in the third). He was available when they picked in the seventh, and instead they nabbed a #10 CB. I think they feel confident with their TEs.
                        Last edited by yordad; 05-11-2009, 08:47 AM.
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Buddo
                          I think you're right - there doesn't appear to be a huge hurry for Jones. I think the Bills would probably like to get through a couple of their minicamps and get a better feel for what they have before they invest in more on the OL.

In any event, I'm sure they're paying pretty careful attention to his situation.
                          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Of cource he wants to play for buffalo. Because we are the only team with a starting lt spot open and he will get paid more to sign to start at lt than rt and if you look at the numbers it is significantly more. That is why he hasn't taken a visit probably. He just wants the best offer he can get from us.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

If he signs for say 1year at 4millipn or a 2 year Orlando pace type deal he isn't even 30 yet. It helps both parties. He can show he is healthy and we get a above average lt at a discount rate
                              Last edited by jimbohastle51; 05-11-2009, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X