PDA

View Full Version : Now Tim Graham says Levi is interested in Bills

ghz in pittsburgh
05-08-2009, 07:25 PM
in his chat today.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=26340

craig new york: Any news if the Bills will bring in Levi Jones? Do you think he is interested in playing in Buffalo?

http://a.espncdn.com/i/sn2.gif Tim Graham: I'm not sure of the Bills' interest level in Levi Jones. I know they SHOULD be. I've also been told by a source close to Jones he likes the idea of playing for Buffalo but will take his time before he signs with anybody.

ServoBillieves
05-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Would be a nice addition. Either as depth or as our starting LT. If he does sign, we can fairly solidify a skeptical line.

Walker-Butler-Wood-Levitre-Jones looks better than

Butler-Levitre-Hangartner-Wood-Walker IMO...

elltrain22
05-08-2009, 08:20 PM
In the end, he'll be a Bill. I am confident we'll get'r'done

DMBcrew36
05-08-2009, 10:39 PM
I think the Bills would rather be lame and complacent with their draft picks and backups that currently comprise the o-line.

Mitchell55
05-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Honestly with our rookies attitude, im not sure we will be able to bench them.

yordad
05-09-2009, 09:01 AM
I think Levitre would be the odd man out, but likely not for long. Wood would take over for Hangartner (at center) sooner then later, creating room for Levitre at G. I just don't think they would want a rookie center calling the shots on a revamped line.

Either way, I highly doubt they go for Jones.

don137
05-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Injuries happen all he time on the OL. You need depth there. Jones would be a good addition because if Walker goes down I am not confident their is anyone else to play LT. With Jones at least you could have him at LT and if he gets hurt Walker could move from the right to left side.

User Manuel
05-11-2009, 07:35 AM
Anyone that thinks anyone but Hangartner will be the starting C this year is fooling themselves.

Levitre or Wood sits if he is signed.

Luisito23
05-11-2009, 07:53 AM
Unless he's willing to play for free there's no way we sign him trust me...We're done with free agency.

Jan Reimers
05-11-2009, 07:58 AM
Unless he's willing to play for free there's no way we sign him trust me...We're done with free agency.
I'm beginning to feel the same way. I think the FO likes Walker, Butler, Chambers and Bell at tackle,as well as our young LBs to challenge Ellison, and even our rather thin DT corps to be OK.

Whether their confidence is well founded or not remains to be seen.

Buddo
05-11-2009, 08:24 AM
I actually don't think they are done with FA tbh. I think it's quite possible they will take a long look at the LB position with Tiniosamoa (sp?) available, especially as Fewell will be familiar with him. I'd doubt they will do much else however - at LB anyway.
I'm not so sure I would rule out Jones yet entirely, either. For all that him being available will seem like nobody is interested for a while, I believe that he has been quoted as not being fit until around June anyway, after some off season surgery to clear up scar tissue on his leg. This likely means, that interested teams, will not 'jump the gun' until he can actually work out for them.
I wouldn't be that surprised if the Bills did pick up Jones necessarily, although I think it would be dependant on a decent workout/medical, but I would be surprised if it happened in the next week or two.
I'd also say that it is quite possible they will bring in a decent vet TE also, of the blocking variety, now we have Nelson. We still look pretty 'thin' at the position to me.
I certainly do not expect any 'big splash' type moves, but I would think that they pick up a guy somewhere, who ends up doing a decent job for us this year.

yordad
05-11-2009, 08:46 AM
I actually don't think they are done with FA tbh. I think it's quite possible they will take a long look at the LB position with Tiniosamoa (sp?) available, especially as Fewell will be familiar with him. I'd doubt they will do much else however - at LB anyway.
I'm not so sure I would rule out Jones yet entirely, either. For all that him being available will seem like nobody is interested for a while, I believe that he has been quoted as not being fit until around June anyway, after some off season surgery to clear up scar tissue on his leg. This likely means, that interested teams, will not 'jump the gun' until he can actually work out for them.
I wouldn't be that surprised if the Bills did pick up Jones necessarily, although I think it would be dependant on a decent workout/medical, but I would be surprised if it happened in the next week or two.
I'd also say that it is quite possible they will bring in a decent vet TE also, of the blocking variety, now we have Nelson. We still look pretty 'thin' at the position to me.
I certainly do not expect any 'big splash' type moves, but I would think that they pick up a guy somewhere, who ends up doing a decent job for us this year.The Bills brought in a blocking TE, Gradkowski(sp), predraft for interviews (I actually feared they might take him in the third). He was available when they picked in the seventh, and instead they nabbed a #10 CB. I think they feel confident with their TEs.

Saratoga Slim
05-11-2009, 08:49 AM
I certainly do not expect any 'big splash' type moves, but I would think that they pick up a guy somewhere, who ends up doing a decent job for us this year.

I think you're right - there doesn't appear to be a huge hurry for Jones. I think the Bills would probably like to get through a couple of their minicamps and get a better feel for what they have before they invest in more on the OL.

In any event, I'm sure they're paying pretty careful attention to his situation.

jimbohastle51
05-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Of cource he wants to play for buffalo. Because we are the only team with a starting lt spot open and he will get paid more to sign to start at lt than rt and if you look at the numbers it is significantly more. That is why he hasn't taken a visit probably. He just wants the best offer he can get from us.

jimbohastle51
05-11-2009, 09:20 AM
If he signs for say 1year at 4millipn or a 2 year Orlando pace type deal he isn't even 30 yet. It helps both parties. He can show he is healthy and we get a above average lt at a discount rate

MPN
05-11-2009, 12:56 PM
In the end, he'll be a Bill. I am confident we'll get'r'done

Where do you get this confidence from....Share...

This would be a solid pickup though, hope it gets done.

Buddo
05-11-2009, 02:39 PM
The Bills brought in a blocking TE, Gradkowski(sp), predraft for interviews (I actually feared they might take him in the third). He was available when they picked in the seventh, and instead they nabbed a #10 CB. I think they feel confident with their TEs.

While true about Gradkowski (sp also), I'm not so sure they are that confident about their TEs. If you are going bpa in the last couple of rounds of the draft, that bpa is a lot less likely to be a TE than many other positions.
Fine and Schouman as 'vets' and then Nelson, is about it - except for maybe a ps or udfa guy. Schouman hasn't been uninjured for a season yet, and being somewhat 'undersized' for the position, inspires zero confidence in me that he can do so. I'd also say that for what they are likely to want once Nelson was drafted, i.e. a blocking TE, a vet is a far more sensible option than drafting a guy who you will have to teach how to do what you want, and may not be actually up to it at the end of the day.
My point is more related to requiring better depth, than necessarily acquiring a starter, and only really wanting a guy who is a decent blocker, will likely mean we have plenty of options in that area.
FWIW, I'm excited to see what Nelson, and to a lesser extent Fine, can do for the team in the coming year(s), and it is quite possible we will be 'set' for years to come with those two guys. I just think we need a big, solid, blocker to put out there from time to time, and I don't see anyone on the roster atm who will fit that bill.

Don't Panic
05-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Injuries happen all he time on the OL. You need depth there. Jones would be a good addition because if Walker goes down I am not confident their is anyone else to play LT. With Jones at least you could have him at LT and if he gets hurt Walker could move from the right to left side.

Great point... unless they see Bell or Chambers as being ready to play LT on a moment's notice, this may be a necessary addition. I could see the coaching staff waiting until July to make a call on where we're at depth-wise before looking outside our current roster, though.

ghz in pittsburgh
05-11-2009, 08:05 PM
John Clayton is roughly saying the same thing:

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4159679&name=clayton_john&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fespn%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4159679%26name%3dclayton_john

I can see Clayton chatting up to Levi's agent. Apparently the Bills are waiting for his call.

Lexwhat
05-11-2009, 10:41 PM
The former Cincinnati Bengals (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=cin) left tackle has had numerous phone calls but isn't scheduled to make many visits.

The biggest surprise is that the Buffalo Bills (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=buf) haven't called. Apparently, after reshuffling the offensive line and adding two rookie guards to start, the Bills don't want to make any more changes to their line at this time.

This is sad.

BillsWin
05-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Pisa Tino and Levi Jones would be excellent additions to this team.

ddaryl
05-12-2009, 12:30 PM
as I have been saying Jones is in rough shape.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2551

The player rep for free agent OT Levi Jones admitted Monday that his client may have to wait for the summer to sign with a team.

Jones is recovering from extensive leg surgery and probably couldn't pass physicals. The Cardinals and Redskins have already denied any interest.