X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

And I thought I was optimistic.... WOW!

I was looking for articles to put up on the front page page and found this one. I was just looking for the blurb, but I HAD to read the entire article. I was just shocked with how positive the writer was. I like what he says and it gets me more excited....

If I were a Buffalo Bills fan, the thoughts of two games a piece against Miami's defense, or a new look, Mark Sanchez led Jets, or even Tom Brady, Randy Moss, and the New England Patriots wouldn't scare me this year.
    This year might indeed be the year there isn't a 7-9 record attached to these Bills.

Yes they play in the toughest division in the NFL where every team could finish at least 8-8, if not with a winning record, and yes their schedule is tough, but the Bills are built for this season.

With home games that should be won against Tampa Bay, the Saints, Cleveland, the Jets, and Miami, and games that should be winnable at Ralph Wilson against New England, Houston, and the Colts, a 5-3 or 6-2 record at home this season is feasible.........
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-this-the-year
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: And I thought I was optimistic.... WOW!

I think this is the year their dominoes fall right into the Wild Card round of the playoffs, and Terrell Owens will be playing for the love of money and for a ring, so you can expect at-least one playoff victory, maybe more.
    I'm telling you...I LOVE this optimism. This guy must have one some huge rose colored glasses.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

the guy should give up journalism and go into coaching... statements like, "home games that should be won...." and he lists pretty much all the home games is such a nice departure from Jauron who will make excuses until the cows come home on why the team found a way to lose. While his take is a bit overly optimistic for my take, i think he makes some great points. They are things that should be true, but i just know our coaching won't bring out the best of our players individually and of our team as a whole.

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

YEah, Parrish is a suitable #2!

Mikey, did you right that, lol?

Anyways, it would be nice. Stanger things have happened.
        Last edited by yordad; 05-09-2009, 08:41 AM.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

As I always say, why not be optimistic this time of year. We're 0-0, all of our draft picks are going to be stars, our FA signings were tops in the league, we're going to find a bracelet full of diamonds-in-the-rough among our UDFAs, our young players are going to develop into All Pros, and our almost-busts are going to break out and have big years.

There is plenty of time for reality to set in during the regular season.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            As I always say, why not be optimistic this time of year. We're 0-0, all of our draft picks are going to be stars, our FA signings were tops in the league, we're going to find a bracelet full of diamonds-in-the-rough among our UDFAs, our young players are going to develop into All Pros, and our almost-busts are going to break out and have big years.

There is plenty of time for reality to set in during the regular season.
            Exactly! Great post, Jan!

Comment

• billogic99
              • Oct 2008

I disagree the AFC east is the toughest division in the NFL.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Originally posted by billogic99
                I disagree the AFC east is the toughest division in the NFL.
                Probably the NFC East.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

I'm optimistic too. I just hope DJ can get rid of the boneheaded mistakes in clock management then he will be able to get the job done. What the guy said about TO is true too. He's a difference maker. One play from a TD at any time. He's getting older but he's a dedicated worker and very focused on winning. Yeah, we need help in other areas but bringing him to the team was a bold move that could pay off with playoff wins for sure. I am feeling giddy thinking about the popcorn machine I'm going to have to get.
                  Last edited by Typ0; 05-09-2009, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

It all comes down to the o-line. If they play well than some optimism is justified even with Ellislow playing at LB.

If they play like a bunch of guys that have never played together at their new positions than this team is going to be lucky to win 7 games.

Comment

• realdealryan
                      realdealrex
                      • Nov 2005

"Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish, and James Hardy complete the group, with any of the three capable of being a No. 2 receiver if need be."

Umm...then why the **** did we go and sign Owens?

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by realdealryan
                        "Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish, and James Hardy complete the group, with any of the three capable of being a No. 2 receiver if need be."

Umm...then why the **** did we go and sign Owens?
                        If need be are the key words

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                          • Jul 2002

Owens=urgency.

That is the difference, and it looms larger that the Jauron situation.

Sean Kugler and Ray Brown, the O-line staff, better have a productive camp and pre season

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                            • Feb 2005

Sounds like the writer of that article is drinking some spiked kool-aid. The Bills still have crap DEs, until proven otherwise, and DE is the most important position for having a successful defense.

Comment

• bledslow
                              • May 2004

He forgot,ATROCIOUS defense,no qb,and shameful o-line.

Nice receivers/rb's though.

Comment

Working...
                              X