X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kid mickey
    • Apr 2009

Look for a hybrid Defense

The Buffalo Bills could essentially be running a 4-3, 3-4, 46 creep defense this year. It won't be anything traditional. They have the roster to possibly do something like this. What are your thoughts?
    Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Re: Look for a hybrid Defense

If were to run the 3-4, we would have to get rid of schobel and possibly have Ellis as a LB. Maybin, Ellis, Pos, and Mitchell as LBs. Stroud, Williams, and possibly Spencer Johnson at DL. We can do it, but it would have to be next year.

Comment

• Mitchell55
      • Feb 2008

Also, whats a creep D?

Comment

• circlethewagons
        • Dec 2005

3-4 doesn't make much sense to me. We don't have the Defensive ends to run it or the big nose tackle thats so key to the 3-4. The creep worked well last year in spots and i imagine they will keep it as a situational defense

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

A creep defense is where the "down" lineman basically just walk around presnap so the QB doesn't know who is coming and the O-line doesn't know who to block.

Last year we started the season with a hybrid. If yall recall we spanked the crap out of seattle by throwing everything at them. As the season went on they got less and less imaginative.

I hope they mix it up.
          Last edited by yordad; 05-09-2009, 01:41 PM.
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by circlethewagons
            3-4 doesn't make much sense to me. We don't have the Defensive ends to run it or the big nose tackle thats so key to the 3-4. The creep worked well last year in spots and i imagine they will keep it as a situational defense
            Kelsey, Stroud, and Johnson could work the line with Maybin and Mitchell coming off the edges. Poz and Digi could work the middle.

It could work at times. Probably not as a base, but a change of pace.
            Last edited by yordad; 05-09-2009, 01:38 PM.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• nateodoms'bff
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Mitchell55
              If were to run the 3-4, we would have to get rid of schobel and possibly have Ellis as a LB. Maybin, Ellis, Pos, and Mitchell as LBs. Stroud, Williams, and possibly Spencer Johnson at DL. We can do it, but it would have to be next year.
              Im not usre why you think we would have to get rid of Schobel. When healthy he can explode through blockers, and has edge speed. He doesn't have the size for a 3-4 DE, but he does fit into the creep 5 man front nicely. I really thin that Fewell will start using that more often than not. The Tampa 2 is a great base defense, adding his flavor with the 5 man fronts has been proven to confuse OL's and QB's all across the league. Proof is what the Spags did with the Giants. They have all the pieces in place, now they just need to execute.

Comment

• BillsWin
                man amongst boys
                • Oct 2008

I love the creep defense.
                I am The Batman.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                  is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                  • Mar 2003

I think Creep D would be perfect to run with our D

Espically with Maybin being a rookie allow him to take advante of some mismatches

MUCK
                  FIAMI

Comment

• Mitchell55
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by nateodoms'bff
                    Im not usre why you think we would have to get rid of Schobel. When healthy he can explode through blockers, and has edge speed. He doesn't have the size for a 3-4 DE, but he does fit into the creep 5 man front nicely. I really thin that Fewell will start using that more often than not. The Tampa 2 is a great base defense, adding his flavor with the 5 man fronts has been proven to confuse OL's and QB's all across the league. Proof is what the Spags did with the Giants. They have all the pieces in place, now they just need to execute.

Schobel wouldnt fit anywhere in the 3-4. I wasnt talking about the creep at that moment

Comment

• nateodoms'bff
                      • Dec 2008

Schobel wouldnt fit anywhere in the 3-4. I wasnt talking about the creep at that moment
                      Ok, why?

He has the speed to rush the passer as an OLB, he tackles well enough to play against the run, the only weakness he has as an OLB in a 3-4 is his pass protection.

I'll ask again, but I doubt I'll get an answer, why is he not a fit in the 3-4?

Comment

• BillsWin
                        man amongst boys
                        • Oct 2008

Schobel would be fin in a 3-4, so would Maybin.
                        I am The Batman.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                          • Feb 2008

Schobel in 3-4. He will need to cover TEs and RBs. Hes never played it before and at 30 something he would have trouble making a transition.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
                            • Apr 2008

Schobel in 3-4. He will need to cover TEs and RBs. Hes never played it before and at 30 something he would have trouble making a transition.
                            once you hit 30 your brain no longer retains new information? damn, i better stock up in the next 4 years!

Comment

• Mitchell55
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Dr. Pepper
                              once you hit 30 your brain no longer retains new information? damn, i better stock up in the next 4 years!

Schobels biggest strength is beating people with moves and strength, when you play OLB in the 3-4, you use your speed more. Schobel doesnt have speed.

Comment

Working...
                              X