PDA

View Full Version : Ya know

X-Era
05-10-2009, 07:12 AM
Part of the concept of this offseason that many of us had become O.K. with was that we would wait until after the draft to sign a vet or two at a few spots.

Now, the offseason certainly isnt over by any means.

But, they couldnt ______, could they:

1) They couldnt believe that Ellison or even the rookie Harris is all we need as our starting OLB, could they?

2) They couldnt believe that they have enough starting quality T's if the experiment of Walker at LT, and Butler/Chambers/Bell at RT fails, could they? I mean none of these guys has proven over even one season that they can start at their new spot.

3) They couldnt believe that our current stable of DT's is all that we need when we have had such a poor pass rush and run D for so many years, could they?

And still we have guys like:

Levi Jones
Pisa Tinoisamoa
Freddy Keiaho
Wendell Bryant

I think they have plans to sign another vet or two, but Im not so sure it will happen until late in camp.

I guess I just hope they go and grab a guy soon.

acehole
05-10-2009, 08:00 AM
IMHO these two positions are the least important in this system.
OT so not have to pass block the great just run block average to above average.They dont have to hold blocks for long as the QB gets rid of the ball very quick.The WLB is the same to an extent....Elison at least has experience and was good early on in his career. I bielieve they may add a few guys after June 1 and may even pick a guy off of a PS before all is said and done. We had a reely good draft and offseaon in my opinion...and it isnt over.

Part of the concept of this offseason that many of us had become O.K. with was that we would wait until after the draft to sign a vet or two at a few spots.

1) They couldnt believe that Ellison or even the rookie Harris is all we need as our starting OLB, could they?

2) They couldnt believe that they have enough starting quality T's if the experiment of Walker at LT, and Butler/Chambers/Bell at RT fails, could they? I mean none of these guys has proven over even one season that they can start at their new spot.

3) They couldnt believe that our current stable of DT's is all that we need when we have had such a poor pass rush and run D for so many years, could they?

Levi Jones
Pisa Tinoisamoa
Freddy Keiaho
Wendell Bryant

I think they have plans to sign another vet or two, but Im not so sure it will happen until late in camp.

acehole
05-10-2009, 08:00 AM
IMHO these two positions are the least important in this system.
OT so not have to pass block the great just run block average to above average.They dont have to hold blocks for long as the QB gets rid of the ball very quick.The WLB is the same to an extent....Elison at least has experience and was good early on in his career. I bielieve they may add a few guys after June 1 and may even pick a guy off of a PS before all is said and done. We had a realy good draft and offseaon in my opinion...and it isnt over.

HHURRICANE
05-10-2009, 08:22 AM

Levi Jones
Pisa Tinoisamoa
Freddy Keiaho
Wendell Bryant

As I've said before this team is managed based on cash flow, not winning.

This is the roster we are going with.

I could at least hold hope that the o-line will be okay because I've never seen these guys play. However, Ellsion starting is a big joke and there is absolutely no way to justify it to the fan base.

The reason they will have a hard time firing Jauron is that he's excellent at taking the FO's crap and making it look okay.. "Ellison, he's a gamer, and I'm happy to have him, blah, blah, blah..."

Luisito23
05-10-2009, 09:19 AM
http://www.brandweek.com/bw/photos/stylus/62691-Geico-Kash.jpg

SABURZFAN
05-10-2009, 10:19 AM
http://www.brandweek.com/bw/photos/stylus/62691-Geico-Kash.jpg

:roflmao:

you hit the nail right on the head.

DrGraves
05-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Keiaho resigned with Indy? right?

B-DON
05-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Keiaho resigned with Indy? right?

Yep

COLTS RE-SIGN LB-KEIAHO
http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=3c8a3516-129e-475b-b0c4-390f0dae57ad

jimbohastle51
05-10-2009, 01:44 PM
pisa, and jones are options as well as derrick brooks for one year. remember the opening we have at LB is derrick brooks position he played at a hall of fame level for years and went to the pro bowl last year playing it. i think the bills want levi jones bad! but they want him at there price especially with his injury history.