If Boldin goes to Baltimore than does that mean Suggs will be available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

If Boldin goes to Baltimore than does that mean Suggs will be available?

Suggs in Buffalo?

Maybe the Bills saw this as an option. Suggs doesn't have a new deal and maybe a trade makes sense if they have to pay for Boldin.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: If Boldin goes to Baltimore than does that mean Suggs will be available?

What are you talking about?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

Why would that make Suggs available, exactly?

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

What?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
          Why would that make Suggs available, exactly?
          He hasn't signed his tender and he's not at camp. I'm not a cap professional but they have some money tied up over there.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            What are you talking about?
            Do you guys actually follow the NFL?

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

If he's being offered tender, that means he's franchised, so Buffalo would have to surrender picks AND a huge salary to get him. Not gonna happen.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                If he's being offered tender, that means he's franchised, so Buffalo would have to surrender picks AND a huge salary to get him. Not gonna happen.
                He's franchised but the Ravens were working on a new deal. If they bring in Boldin than they may not be able to pay for Suggs as well.

Yes, he'll be traded. The guy is 26 so he fits the "young Player" mantra at OBD. Would you give up next year's first for him? I would.

I gotta believe that we still aren't even at the minimum cap number yet.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  The Bills have the money. What did they offer Peters?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    He's franchised but the Ravens were working on a new deal. If they bring in Boldin than they may not be able to pay for Suggs as well.

Yes, he'll be traded. The guy is 26 so he fits the "young Player" mantra at OBD. Would you give up next year's first for him? I would.

The Bills are well above the minimum cap number. Clump has covered this numerous times.

I don't know where you get that assertion from.

As for trading Suggs, until he signs the tender it is a moot point. And I am not sure what the chances of them getting Boldin are - I think he stays in Arizona.
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      The Bills are well above the minimum cap number. Clump has covered this numerous times.

I don't know where you get that assertion from.

As for trading Suggs, until he signs the tender it is a moot point. And I am not sure what the chances of them getting Boldin are - I think he stays in Arizona.
                      I love Clumps work but the Bills have been ranked 31st out of 32 teams the last two years in terms of cap use. They also have refused to roll any of the money over for the second year in a row. That's the assertion.

The Bills have the Cap space if they were intending to sign Peters to an 8-9 million a year deal like everyone believes. So the cap is a non issue. Correct?

Suggs signing the tender is irrelevant if he's getting a new deal. If he doesn't than he'll sign it just before he gets traded. So what's your point on that?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

I love Clumps work but the Bills have been ranked 31st out of 32 teams the last two years in terms of cap use. They also have refused to roll any of the money over for the second year in a row. That's the assertion.

The Bills have the Cap space if they were intending to sign Peters to an 8-9 million a year deal like everyone believes. So the cap is a non issue. Correct?

Suggs signing the tender is irrelevant if he's getting a new deal. If he doesn't than he'll sign it just before he gets traded. So what's your point on that?

He'll eventually sign the tender, show up, play another year for the big contract next offseason.

Out of curiousity, where does Suggs play here? He's a 3-4 LB...

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                          • Mar 2004

This is stretching thigs pretty far. As far as I can find, the Ravens are fine in the cap department. The let Bartt Scott go with the express intent of keeping Suggs and Ray Lewis.

They didn't want to invest too much more inthe LB corp than those 2. But that doens't mean they can't afford a big WR contract like Boldin. They arne't really paying anyone else that much really.

I doubt they would be going after BOldin at all if it meant they had to cut ties with Suggs.

so this is all a totally moot point IMO.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                            He'll eventually sign the tender, show up, play another year for the big contract next offseason.

Out of curiousity, where does Suggs play here? He's a 3-4 LB...
                            He's a DE in the 4-3. a very good one, at that. but they run a hybrid 4-3/3-4 there anyway, and he actually plays more DE than LB.

Another reason he's not a fit.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

I think he's worth a 1st and a big salary- we're probably going to use next year's 1st rounder on another DE or OLB anyway. But I just don't see Buffalo giving it to him. It's just not how they operate.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X