X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DRELOVESBills
    • Feb 2009

playoffs?

I feel pretty good about the off season but if we sign PISA i would be pumped!!
    I want to know how you guys feel about the off season as of now and if we do indeed pick up PISA, Do you think we will make the playoffs? or do we still need a few more upgrades?
  • Syderick
    • Apr 2006

Re: playoffs?

As Jim Mora puts it:

"Playoffs?! Don't talk about playoffs! Are you kidding me? Playoffs?! I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game!"
    3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• seanbillsfan
      • May 2007

Originally posted by DRELOVESBills
      I feel pretty good about the off season but if we sign PISA i would be pumped!!
      I want to know how you guys feel about the off season as of now and if we do indeed pick up PISA, Do you think we will make the playoffs? or do we still need a few more upgrades?
      I am a homer, we have a championship team 'on paper' every offseason

Comment

• DRELOVESBills
        • Feb 2009

yea i know what you mean!!
        I think it's all on trent & DJ this year because our offense has a lot of weapons and we only lost greer on the 14th best ranked D so we will see

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

Our O-Line is still a big question mark, as is our ability to get a better pass rush. The biggest thing I wanted this offseason was a GUARANTEED better pass rush, which we didn't do. I'm ecstatic to have Owens and am pleased with the Levitre and Wood picks. I'm hoping Maybin can be huge this year, but I know that's a bit of a long shot.

Honestly, it all rests in Trents hands. If he can prove to me that he's able to take some god forsaken chances and play well in the cold/snow, then I think playoffs is a possibility, even without the Pisa signing.

That said, sign Pisa and it'll add to an already decent offseason.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

lots of delusional people around here.

More difficult schedule
            Possibility of starting 4 rookies- 2 on the OL alone
            completely reshuffled OL
            inexperienced QB
            Star RB suspended for 3 games, including one against our biggest division rivals
            Only DE upgrade is an undersized rookie
            no OLB upgrade (other than possibly another rookie)
            Same crappy coaching staff

Seriously- realistically we'll have to be 10-6 to make the playoffs- maybe 11-5, but we'll go with 10-6. Why do so many people think that TO and a bunch of rookies are good enough to buy 3 wins? This is the NFL, not Madden.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DRELOVESBills
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37

More difficult schedule
              completely reshuffled OL
              inexperienced QB
              Star RB suspended for 3 games, including one against our biggest division rivals

Seriously- realistically we'll have to be 10-6 to make the playoffs- maybe 11-5, but we'll go with 10-6. Why do so many people think that TO and a bunch of rookies are good enough to buy 3 wins? This is the NFL, not Madden.
              whoa whoa whoa now no need to call us delusional
              you act like some rookies can't contribute from day 1 or something it has happened a lot over the years.
              Trent has been in the league for 3 years he's not inexperienced maybe injuryprone but not inexperienced. Jackson is capable of carrying the load and he proved that in a few games last season and we signed rhodes, who is pretty good. whether you realize it or not our O-line will be a lot better than last year. I completely agree with the coaching staff. We will have schobel back and I think maybin will contribute a lot more than ppl think. PISA is apparently excited about the opportunity of visiting and potentially playing for us so I think we get that deal done and we are better at the weak LB position.
              Last edited by DRELOVESBills; 05-11-2009, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• BillsWin
                man amongst boys
                • Oct 2008

More difficult schedule
                completely reshuffled OL
                inexperienced QB

Oh come now OP, none of that matters!!!

"CHAMPIONSHIP!"
                I am The Batman.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DRELOVESBills
                  whoa whoa whoa now no need to call us delusional
                  you act like some rookies can contribute from day 1 or something it has happened a lot over the years.
                  Trent has been in the league for 3 years he's not inexperienced maybe injuryprone but not inexperienced. Jackson is capable of carrying the load and he proved that in a few games last season and we signed rhodes, who is pretty good. whether you realize it or not our O-line will be a lot better than last year. I completely agree with the coaching staff. We will have schobel back and I think maybin will contribute a lot more than ppl think. PISA is apparently excited about the opportunity of visiting and potentially playing for us so I think we get that deal done and we are better at the weak LB position.
                  We're not counting on A rookie to start and contribute immediately. We're looking at 2-4 rookies who need to do that. The chances of that are slim to none, especially when you look at this FO's record in the draft.

Trent has 23 starts. That's inexperienced.

I think Jackson can carry the load against some teams, but if we're actually going to beat NE (and we're not) we need every weapon at our disposal.

There is no friggin way our OL is going to be better. People who say that are selling Peters short and expecting too much of rookies. And no one even wants to talk about how Hangartner was never a named starter.

If we get Pisa I'll feel a little better about the D, but I still don't think that gets us the 3 or 4 games we need to make the playoffs.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DRELOVESBills
                    • Feb 2009

ok that's a logical opinion and i respect it but the off season is not over, we still have time and cap space to fill certain needs!!

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
                      • Sep 2007

If the bills make the playoffs that would cap a year that has already been great. BLACKHAWKS finally make the playoffs and are doing great and if the WHITE SOX and BILLS make the playoffs this would be one of the great sports years ive seen in awhile for my teams. LETS GO BUFFALO!
                      To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• Mitchell55
                        only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                        • Feb 2008

More difficult schedule We play better against hard teams
                        Possibility of starting 4 rookies- 2 on the OL alone OL rookies have worked out lately.
                        completely reshuffled OL Mainly its just Butler, but thats his natural position.
                        inexperienced QB Um, this is his 3rd year. Thanks, ill use that excuse if he does bad and bring this up if you bash me.
                        Star RB suspended for 3 games, including one against our biggest division rivals Fred Jackson got over 100 yds in a only ground game against them. We also have Rhodes.
                        Only DE upgrade is an undersized rookie Im sorry, what else could we of got.
                        no OLB upgrade (other than possibly another rookie) Agree, but we have 4 OLBs fighting for the job, along with possibly getting Pisa
                        Same crappy coaching staff True

Man, we dont have a DE or TE. Bing, we get 2 top rookies. Well we still suck, there only rookies. Man, our OL sucks. Bing, we completely changed our OL. Well we cant do anything if our whole OL is new. Man, our RB is suspended. Bing, we bring a top backup RB in the NFL. Well im not going to mention it and hope no one notices.

edited for TOS violations. ~shelby
                        Last edited by shelby; 05-12-2009, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by syd1364
                          As Jim Mora puts it:

"Playoffs?! Don't talk about playoffs! Are you kidding me? Playoffs?! I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game!"

You beat me to it.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

i think pisa would be a huge piece but not the reason we would make the playoffs. as i said in another post, if our O line can get our RB's to alittle over 4 yards a carry evans and owens are too good for any coverage scheme they would see at that point and we should baring a top 10 defense (which i expect after the promise they showed last year minus the pass rush) win 10 games next season. now 10 wins may or may not put us in the playoffs but if the bills win 10 games next season, i hate to say it but i would rather see jauron keep his job just to keep this team together.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mitchell55
                              Man, we dont have a DE or TE. Bing, we get 2 top rookies. Well we still suck, there only rookies. Man, our OL sucks. Bing, we completely changed our OL. Well we cant do anything if our whole OL is new. Man, our RB is suspended. Bing, we bring a top backup RB in the NFL. Well im not going to mention it and hope no one notices.
                              How do we play better against good teams? We've only beat two playoff teams in two years (Skins in 07 and Chargers last year) and we didn't beat ANY teams with a +.500 record. You repeat these little slogans to make yourself feel better but there is ZERO truth behind them.

Expecting two rookies on the OL to BOTH work out at the SAME TIME is unrealistic. Yes, sometimes OL's do contribute in the first year, but TWO in the SAME year on the SAME team? Lightning rarely strikes once and it doesn't strike twice.

23 starts is inexperienced, period.

Jackson and Rhodes aren't as good as Lynch, period.

I don't know what else we could have gotten at DE, but that's irrelevant. Lack of options don't make the DE's we have any better. They weren't good enough last year and they won't be good enough this year.

I'll feel better about OLB if we get Pisa.

As far as the rest of your post, I'm through debating my personality and I'm not going to engage you in your immature girlfriend comments. I only take issue with one thing- I am NOT a hypocrite. My posts are- and always have been- extremely consistent. You can ask anyone around here- even the people who disagree with what I say- and they will confirm.
                              Last edited by Dude; 05-12-2009, 02:20 PM. Reason: removing the childish "rant"
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X