Dontes excited about Pisa possibilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Dontes excited about Pisa possibilities

"PISA TINOISAOMA IS COMING HOME! WELCOME HIM BILLS FANS! Whoa..."
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Dontes excited about Pisa possibilities

Is he from Buffalo or something. I DON'T GET IT DONTE.....

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

I talked to Donte. He says the Bills are optimistic that they will get a deal done. No signing has happened yet. Read my other thread though, I have it on good authority that the Bills plan to sign Tinoisamoa after his visit, both sides are wanting to get it done.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
        Is he from Buffalo or something. I DON'T GET IT DONTE.....
        I think it's in reference to playing under Fewell again.

Look what's on Wiki..

On May 8, 2009, the Rams' leading tackler in 2008, was given his release.[1] This coming season, TInoisamoa was scheduled to make a base salary of $3.25 million and count $4.25 million against the cap. Releasing him frees up $2.25 million in cap space. The towering Pisa has just been spotted at Buffalo Airport, and accompanied by a gentleman named 'SKOOBY', who started saying "According to my BMW driving friends..." and was promptly punched squarely in the head by Pisa,we have learned that Pisa signed with the Bills and 'loves Duffs." With Tinoisamoa and Mitchell the Bills now have the linebacking core in the league that is most Pacific islander and will lead them to multiple Super Bowl championships.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
          • Mar 2004

I wonder how excited Donte was about drafting Byrd......

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
            especially when he was the one who posted on facebook about how excited he was to be moving to free safety....

Comment

• jimbohastle51
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
              low blow, but good point!

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Don't think Donte cares seeing he's played ss the last 3 years.

Comment

• casdhf
                  • Jul 2002

It doesn't matter whether its FS or SS, Whitner will be starting at one S spot. If a FS is better, he'll probably go back to SS. If Scott ends up the man, Whitner will go to FS.
                  Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                  cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by casdhf
                    It doesn't matter whether its FS or SS, Whitner will be starting at one S spot. If a FS is better, he'll probably go back to SS. If Scott ends up the man, Whitner will go to FS.
                    your right it doesnt really matter because this is probably his last year with the bills anyways LOL!!! then he'll really have a reason to go get drunk and drive because he'll be soaking his sorrows of being cut!

Comment

• Lexwhat
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The Spaz
                      Don't think Donte cares seeing he's played ss the last 3 years.

Comment

• DrGraves
                        • Mar 2008

I have no respect for Donte Whitner whatsoever.

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                          Hasn't donte played SS the last 3 years? They were talking about if Donte cared about playing SS again instead of FS.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The Spaz
                            Hasn't donte played SS the last 3 years? They were talking about if Donte cared about playing SS again instead of FS.
                            No. At the start of his career, he was the full-time starter at SS. However, he's been playing FS for much of the 2008 season and parts of the 2007 season as well.

The Bills do move Whitner around (Nickle CB / FS / SS), but this past year they liked the Safety combination of Bryan Scott (SS) and Whitner (FS) the best.

There was 1 main reason the Bills initially moved Whitner to FS (this is not my opinion, this came DIRECTLY from the Buffalo Bills and Chris Brown):

-- Whitner wasn't able to make enough big plays early in his career because he was asked to play at SS and help in run support. They wanted to shift him to FS to take advantage of his cover skills and allow him to roam around and make big plays.

After the drafting of Byrd, Bills fans on here actually said Whitner moved to FS because of Ko Simpson's injury in 2007. While this may hold some validity, the Bills still felt that Whitner was better served at FS so that he could make plays. Now moving him back to strong safety again just proves that he could not fulfill this playmaking role.

Let me ask you a question if you don't believe me. If Whitner was successful at free safety, why didn't they draft a strong safety instead to play alongside Whitner?

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                              No. At the start of his career, he was the full-time starter at SS. However, he's been playing FS for much of the 2008 season and parts of the 2007 season as well.

The Bills do move Whitner around (Nickle CB / FS / SS), but this past year they liked the Safety combination of Bryan Scott (SS) and Whitner (FS) the best.

There was 1 main reason the Bills initially moved Whitner to FS (this is not my opinion, this came DIRECTLY from the Buffalo Bills and Chris Brown):

-- Whitner wasn't able to make enough big plays early in his career because he was asked to play at SS and help in run support. They wanted to shift him to FS to take advantage of his cover skills and allow him to roam around and make big plays.

After the drafting of Byrd, Bills fans on here actually said Whitner moved to FS because of Ko Simpson's injury in 2007. While this may hold some validity, the Bills still felt that Whitner was better served at FS so that he could make plays. Now moving him back to strong safety again just proves that he could not fulfill this playmaking role.

Let me ask you a question if you don't believe me. If Whitner was successful at free safety, why didn't they draft a strong safety instead to play alongside Whitner?
                              Who's arguing?

Comment

Working...
                              X