PDA

View Full Version : Dontes excited about Pisa possibilities

Mitchell55
05-12-2009, 12:29 PM
"PISA TINOISAOMA IS COMING HOME! WELCOME HIM BILLS FANS! Whoa..."

THATHURMANATOR
05-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Is he from Buffalo or something. I DON'T GET IT DONTE.....

BillsWin
05-12-2009, 12:41 PM
I talked to Donte. He says the Bills are optimistic that they will get a deal done. No signing has happened yet. Read my other thread though, I have it on good authority that the Bills plan to sign Tinoisamoa after his visit, both sides are wanting to get it done.

madness
05-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Is he from Buffalo or something. I DON'T GET IT DONTE.....

I think it's in reference to playing under Fewell again.

:rofl: Look what's on Wiki..

On May 8 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_8), 2009 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_St._Louis_Rams_season), the Rams' leading tackler in 2008 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_St._Louis_Rams_season), was given his release.<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pisa_Tinoisamoa#cite_note-0)</sup> This coming season, TInoisamoa was scheduled to make a base salary of $3.25 million and count $4.25 million against the cap. Releasing him frees up $2.25 million in cap space. The towering Pisa has just been spotted at Buffalo Airport, and accompanied by a gentleman named 'SKOOBY', who started saying "According to my BMW driving friends..." and was promptly punched squarely in the head by Pisa,we have learned that Pisa signed with the Bills and 'loves Duffs." With Tinoisamoa and Mitchell the Bills now have the linebacking core in the league that is most Pacific islander and will lead them to multiple Super Bowl championships.

Canadian'eh!
05-12-2009, 01:33 PM
I wonder how excited Donte was about drafting Byrd......

Michael82
05-12-2009, 01:36 PM
especially when he was the one who posted on facebook about how excited he was to be moving to free safety....

jimbohastle51
05-12-2009, 01:44 PM

low blow, but good point!

The Spaz
05-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Don't think Donte cares seeing he's played ss the last 3 years.

casdhf
05-12-2009, 01:49 PM
It doesn't matter whether its FS or SS, Whitner will be starting at one S spot. If a FS is better, he'll probably go back to SS. If Scott ends up the man, Whitner will go to FS.

jimbohastle51
05-12-2009, 01:54 PM
It doesn't matter whether its FS or SS, Whitner will be starting at one S spot. If a FS is better, he'll probably go back to SS. If Scott ends up the man, Whitner will go to FS.

your right it doesnt really matter because this is probably his last year with the bills anyways LOL!!! then he'll really have a reason to go get drunk and drive because he'll be soaking his sorrows of being cut!

Lexwhat
05-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Don't think Donte cares seeing he's played ss the last 3 years.

:huh:

DrGraves
05-12-2009, 02:36 PM
I have no respect for Donte Whitner whatsoever.

The Spaz
05-12-2009, 02:55 PM
:huh:

Hasn't donte played SS the last 3 years? They were talking about if Donte cared about playing SS again instead of FS.

Lexwhat
05-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Hasn't donte played SS the last 3 years? They were talking about if Donte cared about playing SS again instead of FS.

No. At the start of his career, he was the full-time starter at SS. However, he's been playing FS for much of the 2008 season and parts of the 2007 season as well.

The Bills do move Whitner around (Nickle CB / FS / SS), but this past year they liked the Safety combination of Bryan Scott (SS) and Whitner (FS) the best.

There was 1 main reason the Bills initially moved Whitner to FS (this is not my opinion, this came DIRECTLY from the Buffalo Bills and Chris Brown):

-- Whitner wasn't able to make enough big plays early in his career because he was asked to play at SS and help in run support. They wanted to shift him to FS to take advantage of his cover skills and allow him to roam around and make big plays.

After the drafting of Byrd, Bills fans on here actually said Whitner moved to FS because of Ko Simpson's injury in 2007. While this may hold some validity, the Bills still felt that Whitner was better served at FS so that he could make plays. Now moving him back to strong safety again just proves that he could not fulfill this playmaking role.

Let me ask you a question if you don't believe me. If Whitner was successful at free safety, why didn't they draft a strong safety instead to play alongside Whitner?

The Spaz
05-12-2009, 06:51 PM
No. At the start of his career, he was the full-time starter at SS. However, he's been playing FS for much of the 2008 season and parts of the 2007 season as well.

The Bills do move Whitner around (Nickle CB / FS / SS), but this past year they liked the Safety combination of Bryan Scott (SS) and Whitner (FS) the best.

There was 1 main reason the Bills initially moved Whitner to FS (this is not my opinion, this came DIRECTLY from the Buffalo Bills and Chris Brown):

-- Whitner wasn't able to make enough big plays early in his career because he was asked to play at SS and help in run support. They wanted to shift him to FS to take advantage of his cover skills and allow him to roam around and make big plays.

After the drafting of Byrd, Bills fans on here actually said Whitner moved to FS because of Ko Simpson's injury in 2007. While this may hold some validity, the Bills still felt that Whitner was better served at FS so that he could make plays. Now moving him back to strong safety again just proves that he could not fulfill this playmaking role.

Let me ask you a question if you don't believe me. If Whitner was successful at free safety, why didn't they draft a strong safety instead to play alongside Whitner?

Who's arguing?

Lexwhat
05-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Who's arguing?

I didn't say you were arguing?

I just said *if* you don't believe me...

feldspar
05-12-2009, 09:50 PM
I don't get the whole Donte facebook thing. He posts a 10 word or fewer entry, and people create threads about it even though it offers zero insight into anything. He said it, and that's great, but there is really no reponse necessary. He may as well just say "YAY, whoo-hoo, or hurray." Not putting it down whatsoever, but there's no real substance to latch onto there. I hope we pick up Pisa what's-his-face too.

We all know Ellison shouldn't start at the LB position. He's an OK backup, but not starting material. No offense to him at all, but pretty much everyone recognizes this. I don't think very many people here have followed Pisa's career and are only excited for the possibility of replacing Ellison with ANYBODY. Of course, if we get Pisa and he doesn't perform well, people will start calling him the Leaning Tower (of Pisa)...too easy.

raphael120
05-12-2009, 09:55 PM
people will start calling him the Leaning Tower (of Pisa)...too easy.

or that's he's a pisa crap! HEYOOO

feldspar
05-12-2009, 10:31 PM
or that's he's a pisa crap! HEYOOO

Yeah, that one is much more beautiful.

Hopefully, we'll call him the last pisa the puzzle instead.

This guy's name has as many possibilities as Mularkey or Lossman...almost.

Here are some of my favorite sports names. They are all real, by the way...I didn't swear once or make a bad joke or offend anyone with lewd words. Just a list of names here:

Rusty Kuntz
Dick Pulloff
Johnny Dickshot
Jack Glasscock - if he doesn't stop that, it may break.
Harry Colon
Dick Pole
Dick Trickle
Lucious Pusey
Dean Windass
Misty Hyman
Ron Tugnutt
Chubby Cox
Gregor ****a

The last guy's name was actually censored, but it's his name. You'll just have to guess.

kid mickey
05-12-2009, 10:58 PM
I firmly believe that the Bills were looking at two players. The either wanted Patrick Chung or they wanted Jairus Byrd. Seeing as the Patriots snatched up Chung before the Bills had a chance they opted with the next best DB available. Fewell talks about this in his pre draft interview. The felt they could play Donte at FS or SS. They just wanted to get a guy that plays better than Ko Simpson or Brian Scott to go along side of him. Whitner is not the problem. I didn't see any other guy on the squad doing what he has done.

SABURZFAN
05-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Yeah, that one is much more beautiful.

Hopefully, we'll call him the last pisa the puzzle instead.

This guy's name has as many possibilities as Mularkey or Lossman...almost.

Here are some of my favorite sports names. They are all real, by the way...I didn't swear once or make a bad joke or offend anyone with lewd words. Just a list of names here:

Rusty Kuntz
Dick Pulloff
Johnny Dickshot
Jack Glasscock - if he doesn't stop that, it may break.
Harry Colon
Dick Pole
Dick Trickle
Lucious Pusey
Dean Windass
Misty Hyman
Ron Tugnutt
Chubby Cox
Gregor ****a

The last guy's name was actually censored, but it's his name. You'll just have to guess.

how can you forget Dick Butkis?

jimbohastle51
05-12-2009, 11:28 PM
i was at the senior bowl the year and chung was the best player on the field. marvin lewis kept the kid on the feild the whole game, even kick returns. his nickname in college was "the eraser" and i wish we would have landed him, but i am happy with bryd

LifetimeBillsFan
05-13-2009, 12:23 AM
It has been mentioned a number of times that Whitner has frequently been used to cover WRs--either the slot receiver or as a CB when the injury bug hit the Bills' defensive backfield and they were short at the position. That's a lot to ask of a guy who has primarily been a safety, even in college.

One of the things that was mentioned when Byrd was drafted was that, having been a cornerback, he would be able to cover slot receivers. Ko Simpson was able to do that prior to his injury, but didn't really show that he could still do that last season. And, while he has always been a good hitter, Bryan Scott is more of an "in the box" type of safety who is limited in coverage.

P.Fewell has been quoted on a number of occaisions saying that he likes to have his safeties be more or less interchangeable (which makes sense, since it would make it easier to disguise coverages). If Byrd can show enough early on, a Whitner-Byrd pairing at safety would seem to fit what he wants more than any other pairing at the safety positions.

I hope Whitner is right about Pisa Tinoisamoa coming to the Bills. I had him "on my radar" a couple of years ago when I was playing Fantasy Football because he has put up some nice numbers. He has been productive--the only question is when and where does he produce (tackles at the LOS or 5 yards downfield, with the game on the line or only when the score is lopsided, etc.)? Most sources I've read seem to think that he would be a really good addition to the Bills' defense and an improvement over Ellison--and I'm definitely in favor of a move that would accomplish that!