PDA

View Full Version : Why Byrd couldn't be afford to be passed on at 42.

Oaf
05-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Good article, I hope he can start from day 1.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/byrds-pro-bowl-tutors/f8d88637-7eda-4a20-b645-528787e41bc3

Sorry if this was already posted.

The Spaz
05-12-2009, 03:39 PM
yes I posted this earlier.

jamze132
05-13-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm really excited about this guy as he might be currently better than any FS we have on the roster right now. He doesn't have the experience right now but I think his previous experiences and talent level will elevate him to the top of the depth chart. That way Whitner can stay at SS.

feldspar
05-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Thanks for that.

I have to admit that I wasn't very happy about taking Byrd where we did. The only reason was because I felt we had greater needs at different positions...but I'm warming up to the idea of having him on my team. It's all hype until he plays, but the positive spin has my attention. I guess we went for the best player available as we saw it, which does make sense. I hope he does well.

The Spaz
05-13-2009, 10:11 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=174769

trapezeus
05-13-2009, 10:54 AM
i hope he doesn't get picked alive by brady in the first game with his great anticipation. He seems like a real steal, but i always worry about the bills coaches sticking a raw rookie into a situation where he is doomed to fail and then worry about that for the rest of his career. Come on Byrd, rise above the jauron staff.

Oaf
05-13-2009, 01:13 PM
This guy has the pedigree (his dad and A Williams) and certainly the head to be a very successful player in the NFL. That's about as good of a player you can find who hasn't played a down yet.

The report about 9er's trading out from 43 b/c we took him and us valuing him over a player we traded multiple picks for makes me feel even better about him.

colin
05-13-2009, 03:11 PM
i hope he doesn't get picked alive by brady in the first game with his great anticipation. He seems like a real steal, but i always worry about the bills coaches sticking a raw rookie into a situation where he is doomed to fail and then worry about that for the rest of his career. Come on Byrd, rise above the jauron staff.

in his first game against brady donte had an INT for a TD (the ref called it back because of faketriot corruption). it was only due to losman and his safety and mcgayhee not making a first down that we lost that game.

with several playmakers in our secondary, and some passrushers on the line, we will get gaydy to show his rust and put up some picks.