PDA

View Full Version : If Dick Jauron and his staff were...

Mudflap1
05-12-2009, 04:47 PM
If Dick Jauron and his staff were the coaching staff of, say, Pittsburgh, Arizona, New England, Miami or any other team that overcame the odds last year and had a successful season, what would their records have been?

Would Pittsburgh have won the Super Bowl?

Would Arizona have won their division at 9-7 and gone to the Super Bowl?

Would New England have overcome the Brady season-ending injury and still won 11 games?

Would Miami have won the division?

Jon

jimbohastle51
05-12-2009, 04:50 PM
If Dick Jauron and his staff were the coaching staff of, say, Pittsburgh, Arizona, New England, Miami or any other team that had overcame the odds last year and had a successful season, what would their records have been?

Would New England have overcome the Brady season-ending injury and still won 11 games?

Jon

now this is the smart, witty, mudflap we know and love LOL! good question man! honestly in my opinion i would say no. i think in pittsburgh new england maybe because of the amount of talent there but arizona is really offensive heavy and he doesnt know what to do with a offense let alone hire a capable offensive coordinator, and miami just doesnt have the talent. they really have zero recievers (maybe bess but i have to see him do it another year) and besides there little trick play offense (wildcat) which again jauron cant run right LOL!! i just dont see him doing it.

BillsWin
05-12-2009, 04:53 PM
If Dick Jauron and his staff were the coaching staff of, say, Pittsburgh, Arizona, New England, Miami or any other team that had overcame the odds last year and had a successful season, what would their records have been?

Jon

1. Maybe.
2. That offense is good enough and the division was deplorable. Maybe.
3. No. They wouldn't have. Cassell was a product of good offensive coaching.
4. No. Without Sparano or Parcells they were still just a team coming off of a 1-15 season with nothing going for them. Dick Jauron would have never have come up with the wild cat.

Mudflap1
05-12-2009, 04:55 PM
1. Maybe.
2. That offense is good enough and the division was deplorable. Maybe.
3. No. They wouldn't have. Cassell was a product of good offensive coaching.
4. No. Without Sparano or Parcells they were still just a team coming off of a 1-15 season with nothing going for them. Dick Jauron would have never have come up with the wild cat.

I will challenge your answer with Arizona. Remember, the Bills got smoked by Arizona last year, and lost to San Francisco at home. Yes, they beat St. Louis (losing at halftime though), and beat Seattle at home. I also don't think a Jauron-led Cardinals team would've a) beaten Atlanta; b) beaten Carolina on the road; and c) beaten Philly at home, all consecutively in the playoffs.

BillsWin
05-12-2009, 05:00 PM
I will challenge your answer with Arizona. Remember, the Bills got smoked by Arizona last year, and lost to San Francisco at home. Yes, they beat St. Louis (losing at halftime though), and beat Seattle at home. I also don't think a Jauron-led Cardinals team would've a) beaten Atlanta; b) beaten Carolina on the road; and c) beaten Philly at home, all consecutively in the playoffs.

Perhaps not. I read your initial question wrong. I thought it just asked if they would have won the division. Which I think would be possible if Jauron was coach. They would most likely not make it to the Super Bowl, you are correct with that way of thinking.

Mudflap1
05-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Perhaps not. I read your initial question wrong. I thought it just asked if they would have won the division. Which I think would be possible if Jauron was coach. They would most likely not make it to the Super Bowl, you are correct with that way of thinking.

Exactly. I agree Pittsburgh could've possibly won the division. Super Bowl, no way though.

Jon

Nighthawk
05-12-2009, 06:14 PM
No, Jauron has not proven the ability to get a team through adversity...EVER.

That was an easy question.

HHURRICANE
05-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Jauron is not the problem here. The fans of this team are determined to find a silver bullet when one doesn't exist.

It's not the QB. It's not the coach. It's the FO and the lack of talent they put on the field. Period.

How many bad coaches have inherited teams and still won Superbowls? There are many.

I'm not saying that coaching isn't important but Jauron is not the sole problem....today.

OpIv37
05-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Jauron is not the problem here. The fans of this team are determined to find a silver bullet when one doesn't exist.

It's not the QB. It's not the coach. It's the FO and the lack of talent they put on the field. Period.

How many bad coaches have inherited teams and still won Superbowls? There are many.

I'm not saying that coaching isn't important but Jauron is not the sole problem....today.

well I half agree- it is the coach and it is the QB along with a bunch of other players.... but the reason we have all those problems are because of this FO. It all comes back to the fact that the brain trust at One Bills Drive has Alzheimers.

justasportsfan
05-12-2009, 08:30 PM
If Dick had the same assistants ,NO! Pitts won the sb with Dick Lebeau calling the shots at D. Dick would've made those teams play a system thats been getting owned. Until Dick learns to play aggressively instead of playing not to lose, I doubt he'd ever get to the sb.

Every team you listed were agrresive either offensively or defensively. The Pats would step on your throat even if they had a 30 pt. lead. dick would play prevent . dick likes to play the game close and hopefully win it in the 4th qtr.

Mike13
05-12-2009, 09:06 PM
and besides there little trick play offense (wildcat) which again jauron cant run right LOL!! i just dont see him doing it.

If its a gimmicky offense why couldnt most teams stop it? Hell only the blocking scheme makes it truly different from any other offense. I also like how opposing fans think thats all Sparano ran, watch an actual game instead of SC highlights.