X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

WR Johnson’s role to expand?

Buffalo’s receiving corps might be the most congested group of talent on the team’s roster heading into the 2009 season. There are proven playmakers, valuable veterans and some promising youngsters. Whether there’s room on the roster to keep them all however, is a big question mark.

Some might think Steve Johnson could be at risk being a former seventh-round pick. But if you talk to the coaching staff they believe the second-year wideout has a future with the Bills.

• elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Re: WR Johnson’s role to expand?

It is very realistic to think that he may be the best receiver we have in a couple years.
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

It's hard for him to break out when we acquired more guys who will have a role to play in the offense though.

He may break out, but I don't think we'll see that in 2009 because there's only so many catches to go around.

Comment

• homeslice5484
        • Jul 2008

i have been saying this for how long? Since he was drafted!

Comment

• Captain gameboy
          • Jul 2002

Too bad the Bills can't play just 7 on 7 drills.

We'd be awesome!

Comment

• streetkings01
            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
            It's hard for him to break out when we acquired more guys who will have a role to play in the offense though.

He may break out, but I don't think we'll see that in 2009 because there's only so many catches to go around.
            Same thing I was thinking. With Evans, Owens, Reed, Nelson, Lynch and Jackson......I dont see Johnson getting many opportunities to make plays. I do hope he does exactly what he did in 2008 and makes the most of his opportunities unlike Hardy!
            You can call me streetkings

Comment

• acehole
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by BuffaloBills06
              Same thing I was thinking. With Evans, Owens, Reed, Nelson, Lynch and Jackson......I dont see Johnson getting many opportunities to make plays. I do hope he does exactly what he did in 2008 and makes the most of his opportunities unlike Hardy!
              Johnson and Hardy will replace Evans and Owens both for breathers and when their contracts are up....
              Hated by the stupid..
              Loved by their moms.

Comment

• jamze132
                • Jun 2003

I like our problem at WR. Injuries are going to happen and it's nice to have young guys with a lot of talent waiting in the weeds to get a chance. Our WR corps is the least of our worries, and I mean that. You couldn't say that in recent years but that corps overall is solid.

Comment

• homeslice5484
                  • Jul 2008

but if injuries happen, will they let the young guys play or just go more conservative like last year? Same coach folks.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by jamze132
                    I like our problem at WR. Injuries are going to happen and it's nice to have young guys with a lot of talent waiting in the weeds to get a chance. Our WR corps is the least of our worries, and I mean that. You couldn't say that in recent years but that corps overall is solid.
                    I agree. I wish we had the same problem at LB, DT, and a couple of other positions.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• streetkings01
                      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by acehole
                      Johnson and Hardy will replace Evans and Owens both for breathers and when their contracts are up....
                      More like Reed and Parrish/Hardy/Johnson will give Evans and Owens a breather.
                      You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by acehole

By the time Evans contract is up, if Johnson hasn't made any impact on this offense, he won't be here anymore.

So if your plan is waiting for him to replace Evans one day, you'll be sorely disappointed.

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by homeslice5484
                          but if injuries happen, will they let the young guys play or just go more conservative like last year? Same coach folks.
                          If they earn it and get better, yep. If they line up on the wrong side of the field and run the wrong routes as rookies, no. Johnson started proving it during the season and got on the field. Hardy showed he didn't belong there and got pulled off the field. Damn that coaching staff.
                          Last edited by madness; 05-13-2009, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                            By the time Evans contract is up, if Johnson hasn't made any impact on this offense, he won't be here anymore.

So if your plan is waiting for him to replace Evans one day, you'll be sorely disappointed.
                            Evans is locked up for quite some time with the Bills. His contract was front-loaded, too, so we have no intension of letting him go. He's our man, for better or worse.

Comment

• Oaf
                              Do you read what you write?
                              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by elltrain22
                              It is very realistic to think that he may be the best receiver we have in a couple years.
                              How is that?

Comment

Working...
                              X