The nfl gives up on qb's way to fast.

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Re: Vet on the hot seat: Trent Edwards

Originally posted by B-DON
      Who's giving up? The article's right: Now is the time to prove he's the man, and there are no more excuses. A QB's third year is fair game as far as pressure to succeed.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• jamesiscool
        suck it fool.
        • Feb 2007

I love TE as a QB but its true, he has the weapons on O to be a top QB in this league. If he gets injured again and misses any substantial amount of time the injury prone tag will quickly be attatched and he may be running out if time at this franchise.

Don't get me wrong, I want Trent to be the QB, he's smart and has all the inatangible things you could want in a QB but this MUST be the the year he is the reason we win games, not lose them.

Hopefully with the no huddle the offensive play calls will be more on his shoulders and less on the coaching staff and he can make things happen by doing what he does best, being a smart QB.
        Last edited by jamesiscool; 05-13-2009, 04:42 PM.
        Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• Lexwhat
          • Feb 2005

Actually, we should've given up on JP sooner. We should've traded him before the 2008 season began and gotten a draft pick out of it.

Now that JP has departed, we will get absolutely nothing.

Finding another backup QB who would've had an 0-4 record as a starter in 2008 wouldn't have been that hard! Hell, even Gibran Hamdan could've been the #2 QB. Who knows, maybe he would've went 1-3.

Comment

• seanbillsfan
            • May 2007

I believe the whole season depends on the o-line. In Trent i trust

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Todd Collins
              Rob Johnson
              JP Losman

Three examples just from the Bills of not giving up on a QB soon enough.

It's a delicate balance. On one hand, it's the hardest position on the field to learn and it takes time to figure it out. On the other hand, waiting too long to replace a QB can really hold a franchise back.

Edwards has shown progress, but he also regressed significantly after his injury last year. If he doesn't get back on track this year, the Bills can't afford to screw around with him for another year.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

And just for the record, I defended JP right up until Edwards took his job in 07. I was wrong.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Luisito23
                  Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                  • Apr 2003

This is most definitely Trent's make or break year with this team, I mean we've waited 10+ years for our QB, and really can't afford to wait any longer.
                  "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                  ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                  ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                  ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• acehole
                    • Jan 2006

Those 3 qb's you mentioned do not have what Trent has around him right now. They have built a good team around him and have commited to him and built a system to his stregths.If he doesnt make it this year he never will.
                    Having said that...he is not on any hot seat....they seem to like him no matter what.....I think fitz starts by week 3 due to injury anyway.

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Todd Collins
                    Rob Johnson
                    JP Losman

Three examples just from the Bills of not giving up on a QB soon enough.

It's a delicate balance. On one hand, it's the hardest position on the field to learn and it takes time to figure it out. On the other hand, waiting too long to replace a QB can really hold a franchise back.

Edwards has shown progress, but he also regressed significantly after his injury last year. If he doesn't get back on track this year, the Bills can't afford to screw around with him for another year.
                    Hated by the stupid..
                    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• seanbillsfan
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by acehole
                      Those 3 qb's you mentioned do not have what Trent has around him right now. They have built a good team around him and have commited to him and built a system to his stregths.If he doesnt make it this year he never will.
                      Having said that...he is not on any hot seat....they seem to like him no matter what.....I think fitz starts by week 3 due to injury anyway.
                      Todd Collins had decent team around him, i just dont think he was ready

Comment

• Lexwhat
                        • Feb 2005

Those 3 qb's you mentioned do not have what Trent has around him right now.
                        Losman's weapons could be debated, but the guy sucks and will always suck. No team even wants JP as their backup QB.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Well the biggest problem around trent is the OL. We're fine at skill positions when Lynch is off suspension, but the OL could really hold him back.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by seanbillsfan
                            Hes absolutely on the hottest seat of any Bill. No one will have a greater impact on the fortunes of Bills next year than this guy, and its not a slam dunk that he will come out the better of it.

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Luisito23
                              This is most definitely Trent's make or break year with this team, I mean we've waited 10+ years for our QB, and really can't afford to wait any longer.
                              Well as far as make or breaks I think its mostly Jaurons.

Trent is kind of a moot point from the standpoint that if we dont win more games, Jauron is gone and then its likely the new HC will want a new QB. Trent will just be in the crossfire of that one.

But if we do much better, Trent is likely to be a part of that, and Jauron may save his job... They both may stay.

Comment

Working...
                              X