• Show
Clear All
  • EM Bills Fan 80
    Let's Go Buffalo!
    • Mar 2003

Bills close to signing Jefferson?

From John Clayton's Quick Hits...

Jefferson still making decision

Former Falcons wide receiver Shawn Jefferson is deciding between the Bills and Lions and should accept a contract offer sometime early next week. The offer is for the NFL minimum, so his decision comes down to which team appeals to him the most.

Obviously if hes making his decision on going to a winning team, there is no decision to be made, but if hes looking at playing time, the Lions are more than likely the better choice for him. I would take Jefferson as a 4th WR over Johnson.

Visit ESPN for NFL live scores, video highlights and latest news. Stream Monday Night Football on ESPN+ and play Fantasy Football.

Just Click the link to Quick Hits on the right side of the page.
  • TypicalBill
    • Sep 2002

here are some stats Jerfferson's Career

i dont like the idea, he's 34 and reading his stats, id rather have Aiken who's bigger and has tons of more upside.

we have C.Johnson, we dont need another washed up guy.
    For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

Yeah, I don't think Jefferson can really add enough to the team to be worth signing him. Let Detroit have him.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• venis2k1
        Youboty can hope
        • Jul 2002

TD knows what he is doing.

Comment

• Wys Guy
          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
          • Jul 2002

Jefferson is a poor route runner who's entire career has been based on flies much like Alvin Harper. He's a burner who's lost his speed. He wouldn't add much other than experience. I wouldn't look for him to have more than 2-300 yards and I don't think he'd be reliable as a starter in the event that our #3 went down. He's not versatile.
          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

At the vet minimum...I'll take him...doesn't hurt to bring him to camp.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Travis Hunter
              • Jul 2002

I guess Chris Berman could say, We're moving on up.
              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

he is a field stretcher.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

Geesh... everyone's been complaining about not getting a field stretcher, and we start to talk to one and the boo birds come out.

Is he past his prime, sure he is... but so was James Lofton when we got him, and he did pretty good for us (not that Jefferson was ever the player that Lofton was). Furthermore, being a deep threat isn't something that just happens when you run fast... Price was a lousy "deep" threat, so was Beebe... they were fast enough to be dangerous but really weren't good down field receivers. Lofton, much like Moulds, never really had jet like speed, but had the hands and concentration to be a deep threat.

Jefferson is just another decent deep receiver and worth the look in camp (especially for the vet min)
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                    • Sep 2002

We can do better than Jefferson. I'd rather see Aiken get some attention rather than bring Jefferson in.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

wasnt it jeffersons family that was involved in some kind of fight in the stadium that was cheering for someone on the falcons right after they got hurt? i keep thinking it was the jeffersons that were cheering for chandler to get hurt so vick would play, and chandlers family got into it with them.. maybe i am totaly off.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• venis2k1
                        Youboty can hope
                        • Jul 2002

i dont know T, but as far as Jefferson, cant hurt to bring him in.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                          • Oct 2002

If Jefferson signs with the Bills. Does he tak CJ's spot on the roster?

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            wasnt it jeffersons family that was involved in some kind of fight in the stadium that was cheering for someone on the falcons right after they got hurt? i keep thinking it was the jeffersons that were cheering for chandler to get hurt so vick would play, and chandlers family got into it with them.. maybe i am totaly off.
                            I think you may be right.
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

i think i am too.. the only thing i cant remember is if it was chandlers family that was fighting with them, or bob christians.. i think it was christians.. and i beleive it actually came to blows, and jefferson had to apologize to the team for his families actions.

Comment

Working...
                              X