PDA

View Full Version : Bills close to signing Jefferson?

EM Bills Fan 80
05-17-2003, 12:57 PM
From John Clayton's Quick Hits...

Jefferson still making decision

Former Falcons wide receiver Shawn Jefferson is deciding between the Bills and Lions and should accept a contract offer sometime early next week. The offer is for the NFL minimum, so his decision comes down to which team appeals to him the most.

Obviously if hes making his decision on going to a winning team, there is no decision to be made, but if hes looking at playing time, the Lions are more than likely the better choice for him. I would take Jefferson as a 4th WR over Johnson.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index#
Just Click the link to Quick Hits on the right side of the page.

TypicalBill
05-17-2003, 01:22 PM
here are some stats Jerfferson's Career (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/1118/)

i dont like the idea, he's 34 and reading his stats, id rather have Aiken who's bigger and has tons of more upside.

we have C.Johnson, we dont need another washed up guy.

TigerJ
05-17-2003, 06:35 PM
Yeah, I don't think Jefferson can really add enough to the team to be worth signing him. Let Detroit have him.

venis2k1
05-17-2003, 07:17 PM
TD knows what he is doing.

WG
05-17-2003, 07:23 PM
Jefferson is a poor route runner who's entire career has been based on flies much like Alvin Harper. He's a burner who's lost his speed. He wouldn't add much other than experience. I wouldn't look for him to have more than 2-300 yards and I don't think he'd be reliable as a starter in the event that our #3 went down. He's not versatile.

Ebenezer
05-17-2003, 07:36 PM
At the vet minimum...I'll take him...doesn't hurt to bring him to camp.

Turf
05-17-2003, 07:41 PM
I guess Chris Berman could say, We're moving on up.

Tatonka
05-17-2003, 09:39 PM
he is a field stretcher.

Ingtar33
05-17-2003, 10:25 PM
Geesh... everyone's been complaining about not getting a field stretcher, and we start to talk to one and the boo birds come out.

Is he past his prime, sure he is... but so was James Lofton when we got him, and he did pretty good for us (not that Jefferson was ever the player that Lofton was). Furthermore, being a deep threat isn't something that just happens when you run fast... Price was a lousy "deep" threat, so was Beebe... they were fast enough to be dangerous but really weren't good down field receivers. Lofton, much like Moulds, never really had jet like speed, but had the hands and concentration to be a deep threat.

Jefferson is just another decent deep receiver and worth the look in camp (especially for the vet min)

Lone Stranger
05-17-2003, 10:35 PM
We can do better than Jefferson. I'd rather see Aiken get some attention rather than bring Jefferson in.

Tatonka
05-17-2003, 11:32 PM
wasnt it jeffersons family that was involved in some kind of fight in the stadium that was cheering for someone on the falcons right after they got hurt? i keep thinking it was the jeffersons that were cheering for chandler to get hurt so vick would play, and chandlers family got into it with them.. maybe i am totaly off.

venis2k1
05-18-2003, 12:57 AM
i dont know T, but as far as Jefferson, cant hurt to bring him in.

BADTHINGSMAN
05-18-2003, 02:12 AM
If Jefferson signs with the Bills. Does he tak CJ's spot on the roster?

The_Philster
05-18-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
wasnt it jeffersons family that was involved in some kind of fight in the stadium that was cheering for someone on the falcons right after they got hurt? i keep thinking it was the jeffersons that were cheering for chandler to get hurt so vick would play, and chandlers family got into it with them.. maybe i am totaly off.

I think you may be right.

Tatonka
05-18-2003, 07:19 AM
i think i am too.. the only thing i cant remember is if it was chandlers family that was fighting with them, or bob christians.. i think it was christians.. and i beleive it actually came to blows, and jefferson had to apologize to the team for his families actions.

pmoon6
05-18-2003, 08:11 AM
I think we have a "field stretcher" in Eric Moulds.Isn't that why he makes the big bucks.He's going to draw double coverage when he goes deep leaving the underneath guys singled up.At any rate Shawn Jefferson isn't going to blow anybody's doors off going deep.

The Natrix
05-18-2003, 12:26 PM
Didn't he work with Bledsoe in NE?

pmoon6
05-18-2003, 12:57 PM
yes,he did.

EM Bills Fan 80
05-18-2003, 05:11 PM
yeah, him and Bledsoe had a very very good relationship. I recall Jefferson have a big game or two against us while they were together in NE. Also I feel that CJ will be released if we bring in Jefferson.

Demon
05-20-2003, 09:42 PM
WTF is this about??? Bobby Shaw is BETTER then Jefferson...... and that's not a good thing either.

Donahoe needs to wait til some teams cut players, LIKE JJ Stokes for example. No need to sign a player to FIGHT for the #4 spot on the roster.

SoCalBillsFan
05-21-2003, 01:57 AM
JJ stokes would be a great option IMO, if he gets cut.

EDS
05-21-2003, 08:15 AM
I don't think Stokes would help at all. If we are looking for a big possession receiver I rather see what Aiken can do.