PDA

View Full Version : Levi Jones

BigZ
05-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Haven't seen any updates. Anyone hear if there's any interest from the Bills or any contact?

jimbohastle51
05-14-2009, 09:44 AM
steve wyche of NFL.com said on total access last night that levi is in "no rush" to find a team and might wait till training camp starts to see if a injury occurs. he wants to be a starting LT and there is really only the bills with an opening (which he did mention us as a possible target).

seanbillsfan
05-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Apperently he wants to wait it out and see. On NFL network yesterday they said there is 5-6 teams interested in him but he's going to take his time

Jan Reimers
05-14-2009, 09:48 AM
steve wyche of NFL.com said on total access last night that levi is in "no rush" to find a team and might wait till training camp starts to see if a injury occurs. he wants to be a starting LT and there is really only the bills with an opening (which he did mention us as a possible target).
Translation: No team, including the Bills, is interested in his services.

Beastie Bills
05-14-2009, 09:52 AM
I read this on Rotoworld the other day......

<table class="s_playerNewsTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td> </td><td class="s_playerNewsLeftBorder">http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif</td><td class="s_playerNewsText">The player rep for free agent OT Levi Jones admitted Monday that his client may have to wait for the summer to sign with a team.
Jones is recovering from extensive leg surgery and probably couldn't pass physicals. The Cardinals and Redskins have already denied any interest.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

jimbohastle51
05-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Translation: No team, including the Bills, is interested in his services.

pretty much yeah. i gathered from it that the bills were mildly interested at best and we are the only team with a real LT opening so instead of taking a low ball offer or listening to the other 3-4 teams that are interested to make him a RT or backup he'll wait it out and see what happens.

madness
05-14-2009, 11:08 AM
I read this on Rotoworld the other day......

<table class="s_playerNewsTable" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td> </td><td class="s_playerNewsLeftBorder">http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif</td><td class="s_playerNewsText">The player rep for free agent OT Levi Jones admitted Monday that his client may have to wait for the summer to sign with a team.
Jones is recovering from extensive leg surgery and probably couldn't pass physicals. The Cardinals and Redskins have already denied any interest.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

I've also read this from other sources. Jones is trying to get back in shape by TC so he can pass a physical.

Buddo
05-14-2009, 11:08 AM
pretty much yeah. i gathered from it that the bills were mildly interested at best and we are the only team with a real LT opening so instead of taking a low ball offer or listening to the other 3-4 teams that are interested to make him a RT or backup he'll wait it out and see what happens.

I think the post above yours is as relevant tbh. He's in no rush, in part because he isn't fully fit, and will need to prove fitness to any team that is interested.

PromoTheRobot
05-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Haven't seen any updates. Anyone hear if there's any interest from the Bills or any contact?

Jones is such a hot free agent LT that no one has signed him.

PTR

Wally The Barber
05-15-2009, 06:14 AM
He will not sign anywhere because he can not pass a physical.

I saw that on ESPN last week

acehole
05-15-2009, 06:46 AM
He will not sign anywhere because he can not pass a physical.

I saw that on ESPN last week

does anyone know what the oporation was?