• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimbohastle51
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2005

here comes my pisa

they are working on a contract now and both sides want it done today accorrding to this visit. it says they want to get it done so he doesnt have to contemplate another visit.
  • seanbillsfan
    • May 2007

Re: here comes my pisa

This kinda reminds me of the Coles situation, i hope they dont f this one up. Although that ended up being a good thing in the long run

Comment

• jimbohastle51
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Feb 2005

yeah but this time there is multiple reports about both parties wanting to get something done. its not just us chasing coles waiting for him to use us as leverage.

Comment

• homeslice5484
        • Jul 2008

where is pat!!

Comment

• seanbillsfan
          • May 2007

Thats true. I want to have more faith in the FO but its really hard

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jimbohastle51
            http://www.profootballcentral.com/20...king-contract/

they are working on a contract now and both sides want it done today accorrding to this visit. it says they want to get it done so he doesnt have to contemplate another visit.
            In my mind, this move would make our offseason one of the best in many years.

Without it, I think this offseason is just average at best.

Interesting part is that Pisa inst a stud by any means... I just think hes a legitimate day one upgrade to Ellison and without him, we have a gaping hole at OLB. And that's not good for a team that ranks so low in D.

TO was a nice move for what he brinsg to the field.

The draft could give us 4 starters very early and could have our offensive line filled with more talent than last year.

But without a decent OLB option, I see it as a ho hum offseason that leaves us with holes.

This guy is a very underrated LB'er and we will love his style of play.

Id take him over Winborn, over Kieaho, over Crowell, and over June. I honestly think hes better than all of them.

That said, hes not over Over, hes more over Dunn, and certainly hes over Unger. But Unger is under Dunn.
            Last edited by X-Era; 05-14-2009, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• seanbillsfan
              • May 2007

Originally posted by EdwardsEra

Interesting part is that Pisa inst a stud by any means... I just think hes a legitimate day one upgrade to Ellison and without him, we have a gaping hole at OLB. And that's not good for a team that ranks so low in D.

TO was a nice move for what he brinsg to the field.

The draft could give us 4 starters very early and could have our offensive line filled with more talent than last year.

But without a decent OLB option, I see it as a ho hum offseason that leaves us with holes.

This guy is a very underrated LB'er and we will love his style of play.

Id take him over Winborn, over Kieaho, over Crowell, and Over June. I honestly think hes better than all of them.
              Agree 100%

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by seanbillsfan
                Agree 100%
                Ya know what I love the most about it?

How much were acting like the Pats right now.

Every year they sit back and let free agency come to them... and every year they get very good players.

At the start of free agency I was ticked by our lack of moves.

But here we are, with a better OLB likely to land to us at a cheaper rate, than most of the guys we would have fought for on day one.

It may not be over folks... I could still see a DT, or even a OT as OTA's continue or even camp cuts are announced. But by no means do I think either are necessary.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Every year they sit back and let free agency come to them... and every year they get very good players.

At the start of free agency I was ticked by our lack of moves.

But here we are, with a better OLB likely to land to us at a cheaper rate, than most of the guys we would have fought for on day one.

It may not be over folks... I could still see a DT, or even a OT as OTA's continue or even camp cuts are announced. But by no means do I think either are necessary.
                  if we land pisa, i said in another post maybe a LT during camp and maybe a DT just for rational purposes if mcargo looks lazy but honestly we are pretty set.

Comment

• seanbillsfan
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by jimbohastle51
                    if we land pisa, i said in another post maybe a LT during camp and maybe a DT just for rational purposes if mcargo looks lazy but honestly we are pretty set.
                    I believe we would be set too but there will be more upgrades available, and if we were to land one of them my confidense with the FO would be through the roof

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by seanbillsfan
                      I believe we would be set too but there will be more upgrades available, and if we were to land one of them my confidense with the FO would be through the roof
                      How dense is your confidense?

j/k man.

Comment

• seanbillsfan
                        • May 2007

Its slowly getting better!

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

Wait, signing PT would make this off-season go from average to great? Seriously?

I mean, I like the kid, but I don't harbor and illusions that he's going to be a stud for the Bills. I see him as an upgrade over Ellison, and anything beyond that is gravy.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                            • Feb 2005

I will have to disagree... The Bills got lucky that Pisa got cut, otherwise they would be sitting idle with no other viable LB options.

We also tried to be more active in free agency, but a lot of key players turned us down (Fred Taylor, Kevin Jones, Coles). I'm not sure why Freddie Kiaho or Cato June didn't sign with us.

As for the Patriots, I don't think they really "sat back" either. They missed out on Jason Taylor, and there were/are indications they may pursue Julius Peppers. In FA / trades, they aquired WRs Greg Lewis / Joey Galloway, TE Chris Baker, and CB Shawn Springs.

They also beat us out on Fred Taylor, and got an absolute STEAL (IMO) in Leigh Bodden. In fact, I wish we would have signed Bodden rather than Drayton Florence.

The Patriots were pretty active last off-season too, with 2 big name signings in Wes Welker and Adalius Thomas.

Just my
                            Last edited by Lexwhat; 05-14-2009, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Goobylal
                              Wait, signing PT would make this off-season go from average to great? Seriously?

I mean, I like the kid, but I don't harbor and illusions that he's going to be a stud for the Bills. I see him as an upgrade over Ellison, and anything beyond that is gravy.
                              I didnt say hes a stud... re-read.

But yes, I honestly think it makes it great.

The thought is that without him, we cut and traded players only to end up with a gaping hole where we dont have a solid starter... thats an average offseason to me. Its making moves just to make them, not to get better. Or to get better in some areas but tsill be below par at others... thats mediocrity to me.

Instead, we sign Pisa and upgrade the OLB position. Add in the upgrade at TE, WR, and C and we are significantly better.

I guess its a lump sum look instead of a case by case basis.

To me, getting better at some spots while worse or no change at glaring needs that we have already is simply refusing to become a winning team.

This move leaves us no real holes.

It also hasnt happened yet, but I hope it does.

Comment

Working...
                              X