PDA

View Full Version : here comes my pisa

jimbohastle51
05-14-2009, 04:02 PM
http://www.profootballcentral.com/2009/05/14/tinoisamoa-and-buffalo-talking-contract/

they are working on a contract now and both sides want it done today accorrding to this visit. it says they want to get it done so he doesnt have to contemplate another visit.

seanbillsfan
05-14-2009, 04:07 PM
This kinda reminds me of the Coles situation, i hope they dont f this one up. Although that ended up being a good thing in the long run

jimbohastle51
05-14-2009, 04:12 PM
yeah but this time there is multiple reports about both parties wanting to get something done. its not just us chasing coles waiting for him to use us as leverage.

homeslice5484
05-14-2009, 04:12 PM
where is pat!!

seanbillsfan
05-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Thats true. I want to have more faith in the FO but its really hard

X-Era
05-14-2009, 04:15 PM
http://www.profootballcentral.com/2009/05/14/tinoisamoa-and-buffalo-talking-contract/

they are working on a contract now and both sides want it done today accorrding to this visit. it says they want to get it done so he doesnt have to contemplate another visit.
In my mind, this move would make our offseason one of the best in many years.

Without it, I think this offseason is just average at best.

Interesting part is that Pisa inst a stud by any means... I just think hes a legitimate day one upgrade to Ellison and without him, we have a gaping hole at OLB. And that's not good for a team that ranks so low in D.

TO was a nice move for what he brinsg to the field.

The draft could give us 4 starters very early and could have our offensive line filled with more talent than last year.

But without a decent OLB option, I see it as a ho hum offseason that leaves us with holes.

This guy is a very underrated LB'er and we will love his style of play.

Id take him over Winborn, over Kieaho, over Crowell, and over June. I honestly think hes better than all of them.

That said, hes not over Over, hes more over Dunn, and certainly hes over Unger. But Unger is under Dunn. :smile:

seanbillsfan
05-14-2009, 04:18 PM

Interesting part is that Pisa inst a stud by any means... I just think hes a legitimate day one upgrade to Ellison and without him, we have a gaping hole at OLB. And that's not good for a team that ranks so low in D.

TO was a nice move for what he brinsg to the field.

The draft could give us 4 starters very early and could have our offensive line filled with more talent than last year.

But without a decent OLB option, I see it as a ho hum offseason that leaves us with holes.

This guy is a very underrated LB'er and we will love his style of play.

Id take him over Winborn, over Kieaho, over Crowell, and Over June. I honestly think hes better than all of them.
Agree 100%

X-Era
05-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Agree 100%

Ya know what I love the most about it?

How much were acting like the Pats right now.

Every year they sit back and let free agency come to them... and every year they get very good players.

At the start of free agency I was ticked by our lack of moves.

But here we are, with a better OLB likely to land to us at a cheaper rate, than most of the guys we would have fought for on day one.

It may not be over folks... I could still see a DT, or even a OT as OTA's continue or even camp cuts are announced. But by no means do I think either are necessary.

jimbohastle51
05-14-2009, 04:24 PM

Every year they sit back and let free agency come to them... and every year they get very good players.

But here we are, with a better OLB likely to land to us at a cheaper rate, than most of the guys we would have fought for on day one.

It may not be over folks... I could still see a DT, or even a OT as OTA's continue or even camp cuts are announced. But by no means do I think either are necessary.

if we land pisa, i said in another post maybe a LT during camp and maybe a DT just for rational purposes if mcargo looks lazy but honestly we are pretty set.

seanbillsfan
05-14-2009, 04:30 PM
if we land pisa, i said in another post maybe a LT during camp and maybe a DT just for rational purposes if mcargo looks lazy but honestly we are pretty set.
I believe we would be set too but there will be more upgrades available, and if we were to land one of them my confidense with the FO would be through the roof

X-Era
05-14-2009, 04:31 PM
I believe we would be set too but there will be more upgrades available, and if we were to land one of them my confidense with the FO would be through the roof

How dense is your confidense?

j/k man.

seanbillsfan
05-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Its slowly getting better!

:console:

Goobylal
05-14-2009, 04:50 PM

Wait, signing PT would make this off-season go from average to great? Seriously?

I mean, I like the kid, but I don't harbor and illusions that he's going to be a stud for the Bills. I see him as an upgrade over Ellison, and anything beyond that is gravy.

Lexwhat
05-14-2009, 05:03 PM

I will have to disagree... The Bills got lucky that Pisa got cut, otherwise they would be sitting idle with no other viable LB options.

We also tried to be more active in free agency, but a lot of key players turned us down (Fred Taylor, Kevin Jones, Coles). I'm not sure why Freddie Kiaho or Cato June didn't sign with us.

As for the Patriots, I don't think they really "sat back" either. They missed out on Jason Taylor, and there were/are indications they may pursue Julius Peppers. In FA / trades, they aquired WRs Greg Lewis / Joey Galloway, TE Chris Baker, and CB Shawn Springs.

They also beat us out on Fred Taylor, and got an absolute STEAL (IMO) in Leigh Bodden. In fact, I wish we would have signed Bodden rather than Drayton Florence.

The Patriots were pretty active last off-season too, with 2 big name signings in Wes Welker and Adalius Thomas.

Just my :2cents:

X-Era
05-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Wait, signing PT would make this off-season go from average to great? Seriously?

I mean, I like the kid, but I don't harbor and illusions that he's going to be a stud for the Bills. I see him as an upgrade over Ellison, and anything beyond that is gravy.

I didnt say hes a stud... re-read.

But yes, I honestly think it makes it great.

The thought is that without him, we cut and traded players only to end up with a gaping hole where we dont have a solid starter... thats an average offseason to me. Its making moves just to make them, not to get better. Or to get better in some areas but tsill be below par at others... thats mediocrity to me.

Instead, we sign Pisa and upgrade the OLB position. Add in the upgrade at TE, WR, and C and we are significantly better.

I guess its a lump sum look instead of a case by case basis.

To me, getting better at some spots while worse or no change at glaring needs that we have already is simply refusing to become a winning team.

This move leaves us no real holes.

It also hasnt happened yet, but I hope it does.

X-Era
05-14-2009, 05:06 PM
I will have to disagree... The Bills got lucky that Pisa got cut, otherwise they would be sitting idle with no other viable LB options.

We also tried to be more active in free agency, but a lot of key players turned us down (Fred Taylor, Kevin Jones, Coles). I'm not sure why Freddie Kiaho or Cato June didn't sign with us.

As for the Patriots, I don't think they really "sat back" either. They missed out on Jason Taylor, and there were/are indications they may pursue Julius Peppers. In FA / trades, they aquired WRs Greg Lewis / Joey Galloway, TE Chris Baker, and CB Shawn Springs.

They also beat us out on Fred Taylor, and got an absolute STEAL (IMO) in Leigh Bodden. In fact, I wish we would have signed Bodden rather than Drayton Florence.

The Patriots were pretty active last off-season too, with 2 big name signings in Wes Welker and Adalius Thomas.

Springs is an example of waiting.

They arent done yet either.

ddaryl
05-14-2009, 05:09 PM

ROTFLMAO... I have to agree with Goobylal

you mean to tell me Piso makes this one of the best offseason ever, but without him it's just average.

I'm all for signing this guy and I beleive he helps us, but he isn't that great of a player to make that much of a difference in this offseason...

with or without Piso it's been a much better then average offseason for the Bills. With Piso it's just a piso better then it was before Piso

elltrain22
05-14-2009, 05:10 PM

Great post!!

:cheers:

Lexwhat
05-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Springs is an example of waiting.

How?? Springs agreed to terms with the Patriots 1 week after he was released...

And what about all the other players I named?

It didn't take long for free-agent cornerback Shawn Springs (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1233) to find a new home, or for the New England Patriots (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nwe) to strengthen their secondary with a veteran cover man.

Springs agreed to a contract with the Patriots last week after visiting with team officials. A source told ESPN.com's John Clayton on Monday that the deal is worth in excess of $10.5 million over three years, and if Springs reaches all of his playing incentives he could make as much as $13 million.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3955762

http://patsblog.projo.com/2009/03/cb-springs-to-s.html

Goobylal
05-14-2009, 05:16 PM

So what if the Bills got lucky with PT (assuming he signs)? The Dols got lucky that Pennington was cut. The Pats got lucky that the Raiders were willing to trade Moss for a song. It happens.

Goobylal
05-14-2009, 05:18 PM
I didnt say hes a stud... re-read.

But yes, I honestly think it makes it great.

The thought is that without him, we cut and traded players only to end up with a gaping hole where we dont have a solid starter... thats an average offseason to me. Its making moves just to make them, not to get better. Or to get better in some areas but tsill be below par at others... thats mediocrity to me.

Instead, we sign Pisa and upgrade the OLB position. Add in the upgrade at TE, WR, and C and we are significantly better.

I guess its a lump sum look instead of a case by case basis.

To me, getting better at some spots while worse or no change at glaring needs that we have already is simply refusing to become a winning team.

This move leaves us no real holes.

It also hasnt happened yet, but I hope it does.
The Bills didn't cut anyone at OLB. They just didn't re-sign Crowell, who was probably never coming back anyway.

Devin
05-14-2009, 05:22 PM

Eh I mean it would be a good signing but I hardly believe this one player is the difference between "best in years" and "average at best".

I agree he isnt a stud, I wouldnt even classify him in top end of LB's. He is exactly what you said, simply an upgrade. In any event he would help the team.

X-Era
05-14-2009, 05:28 PM
The Bills didn't cut anyone at OLB. They just didn't re-sign Crowell, who was probably never coming back anyway.
It inst about who went where and why.

Its about having legitimate players across the board in the starting positions. Its then about having solid backups who have provne on the field that they at least can fill in at a pinch.

Without a solid upgrade to Ellison at OLB, we are left with a gaping hole at a very important position for our defense.

But with Pisa, we get better at LB, and fill our only real gaping hole that left.

seanbillsfan
05-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Eh I mean it would be a good signing but I hardly believe this one player is the difference between "best in years" and "average at best".

I agree he isnt a stud, I wouldnt even classify him in top end of LB's. He is exactly what you said, simply an upgrade. In any event he would help the team.
Its not just this one move that would make it great, its our whole offseason. Signing T.O., cutting all the dead weight, best draft we've had in years(in my opinion), etc. Right now I believe Ellison is our weakest link on the team, you could argue the o-line and I wouldnt be able to disagree, singing Pisa would make this a great offseason

HHURRICANE
05-14-2009, 05:31 PM
Good off season if you re-sign Peters.

Adding TO for a year and bring a backup Center in as your starter isn't all that impressive.

As for backup QB we could have brought in the beer guy from section J and he would have been better than Losman.

So I'm trying to figure our why adding Pisa makes everything that great.

jimbohastle51
05-14-2009, 05:33 PM

Adding TO for a year and bring a backup Center in as your starter isn't all that impressive.

As for backup QB we could have brought in the beer guy from section J and he would have been better than Losman.

adding pisa with a solid draft class makes it a solid offseason combined that we do have an option on owens after the season. we can franchise or transition tag him. if he puts up over 60 catches 1000 yards and 10 TD's like he did last year and lee evans matures more than you can bet they will gladly give him another million or million and a half to stay for another run.

Lexwhat
05-14-2009, 05:41 PM
So what if the Bills got lucky with PT (assuming he signs)? The Dols got lucky that Pennington was cut. The Pats got lucky that the Raiders were willing to trade Moss for a song. It happens.

I'm actually not saying anything different. If we get lucky with Pisa, then great, the hole at LB is filled.

I made my post because EdwardsEra said that we are "acting like the Patriots" by sitting back and letting FAs come to us. I disagreed with his statement because:

(a) I don't think we are sitting back. We have been pretty active in trying to sign various players.
(b) I don't think the Patriots have been sitting back either, and I named all the players they have signed and traded for.

The Patriots of 3-4 years ago might have sat back, but certainly not this year or the year before that.

The only teams that really sit back in FA are the Chargers and Colts.

jimbohastle51
05-14-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm actually not saying anything different. If we get lucky with Pisa, then great, the hole at LB is filled.

I made my post because EdwardsEra said that we are "acting like the Patriots" by sitting back and letting FAs come to us. I disagreed with his statement because:

(a) I don't think we are sitting back. We have been pretty active in trying to sign various players.
(b) I don't think the Patriots have been sitting back either, and I named all the players they have signed and traded for.

The Patriots of 3-4 years ago might have sat back, but certainly not this year or the year before that.

The only teams that really sit back in FA are the Chargers and Colts.

lex i agree with you a bit here. we may have not signed everyone in the first week of free agency but we have consistantly filled holes. and honestly if we can get this pisa deal done, then we can go to camp and if we can get a levi jones cheap so he can get a starting LT role, great, if not we can still find a quality T somewhere between cuts and what not. if we do in fact sign pisa we have put ourselfs in position to go to camp with what we got or if someone falls in our lap (like pisa) great.

BillsWin
05-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Thank God some other site posted this. People were starting to get impatient with me after there were no updates since yesterday.

Goobylal
05-14-2009, 05:58 PM

It would have been a good off-season is they re-signed Peters...because he was so great last year? LOL!

And TO and Hangartner are impressive additions, at least for this year. Especially compared to what the Bills had last year.

Lexwhat
05-14-2009, 06:32 PM
lex i agree with you a bit here. we may have not signed everyone in the first week of free agency but we have consistantly filled holes. and honestly if we can get this pisa deal done, then we can go to camp and if we can get a levi jones cheap so he can get a starting LT role, great, if not we can still find a quality T somewhere between cuts and what not. if we do in fact sign pisa we have put ourselfs in position to go to camp with what we got or if someone falls in our lap (like pisa) great.

I am not a strong proponent of free agency anyway. The draft is the best way to build a team.

Overall, the Bills (and most other teams for that matter) do not get good value when they sign FAs. Over the past few years, the only good moves the Bills have made outside of the draft have been Owens, Stroud, Kawika Mitchell, and Langston Walker. Maybe Spencer Johnson and Hangartner as well.

I will continue to insist that Langston Walker should not be a 16-game starter at LT. I favor the Levi Jones move (assuming he's healthy), because I want Walker to stay at RT.

The defensive line is getting better, but is far from dominant. I don't think another team's cuts are going to solve this issue.

jimbohastle51
05-14-2009, 06:44 PM
I am not a strong proponent of free agency anyway. The draft is the best way to build a team.

Overall, the Bills (and most other teams for that matter) do not get good value when they sign FAs. Over the past few years, the only good moves the Bills have made outside of the draft have been Owens, Stroud, Kawika Mitchell, and Langston Walker. Maybe Spencer Johnson and Hangartner as well.

I will continue to insist that Langston Walker should not be a 16-game starter at LT. I favor the Levi Jones move (assuming he's healthy), because I want Walker to stay at RT.

The defensive line is getting better, but is far from dominant. I don't think another team's cuts are going to solve this issue.
Agreed I think they know that if Pisa is locked up they will know exactly how much they have to offer a guy like levi and then since we are really the only team with a starting lt spot open we can give him a take it or leave it offer

X-Era
05-14-2009, 06:50 PM

Look, the Hawks cut Tino, in part due to getting Curry.

We didn't get Curry. But to say that Pisa cant be an upgrade to us and make our LB corp very solid or maybe even dominant if shortsighted IMO.

Again, we are talking about filling a hole here. And we look like were not only filling it, but actually significantly upgrading it.

Its this type of move that the Bills should be making time and again.

I love drafted players as much as the next guy. But a smart man said the best rookies are last years rookies. The Bills have been relying way too much on starting rookies right away to fill holes.

But, instead, we could be starting the season with solid options at every spot rather than relying on a 5th round rookie to supplant a marginal backup.

I like our starters and depth now more than in many years. Especially at RB, WR, and CB which are some of the most important positions on the field.

At WR, we may have the best tandem since Reed and Early.

But I especially like that for the first time in years, we have options other than undrafted guys who may never even be solid backups at LB.

The DL is better. The rush should be better, and our depth looks real good at end and Ok at DT. We could use another DT who looks like more than camp fodder, but the offseason isnt over yet either.

Really the only issue is across the OL. Im willing to take a wait and see approach on that. But I like that we really invested in the interior O-line for the first time in many many years. I do have real concerns about LT, and even RT. And those are legit concerns for sure. But, we have a decent look at what we might see at those spots from last year and it looks like we have a real shot at solid play.

Mudflap1
05-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Thank God some other site posted this. People were starting to get impatient with me after there were no updates since yesterday.

Notice I wasn't one of them...

BillsWin
05-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Notice I wasn't one of them...

:D We already shook hands and made up.

Nighthawk
05-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Look, the Hawks cut Tino, in part due to getting Curry.

We didn't get Curry. But to say that Pisa cant be an upgrade to us and make our LB corp very solid or maybe even dominant if shortsighted IMO.

Again, we are talking about filling a hole here. And we look like were not only filling it, but actually significantly upgrading it.

Its this type of move that the Bills should be making time and again.

I love drafted players as much as the next guy. But a smart man said the best rookies are last years rookies. The Bills have been relying way too much on starting rookies right away to fill holes.

But, instead, we could be starting the season with solid options at every spot rather than relying on a 5th round rookie to supplant a marginal backup.

I like our starters and depth now more than in many years. Especially at RB, WR, and CB which are some of the most important positions on the field.

At WR, we may have the best tandem since Reed and Early.

But I especially like that for the first time in years, we have options other than undrafted guys who may never even be solid backups at LB.

The DL is better. The rush should be better, and our depth looks real good at end and Ok at DT. We could use another DT who looks like more than camp fodder, but the offseason isnt over yet either.

Really the only issue is across the OL. Im willing to take a wait and see approach on that. But I like that we really invested in the interior O-line for the first time in many many years. I do have real concerns about LT, and even RT. And those are legit concerns for sure. But, we have a decent look at what we might see at those spots from last year and it looks like we have a real shot at solid play.

Who's Tino and when was he cut by the Seahawks???

X-Era
05-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Who's Tino and when was he cut by the Seahawks???

Fine, Ive been drinking and lost my mind temporarily.

Yes, the Rams, sorry for the stupidity.

:boozer:

mayotm
05-14-2009, 08:41 PM

Do you think the Bills should have re-signed Peters? Huh, this is the first time I seen you write this.

ghz in pittsburgh
05-14-2009, 09:35 PM

Did you read -- Levi is not healthy right now. He can't pass any physical - yet!

jimbohastle51
05-14-2009, 09:57 PM
i wonder if they will say anything about pisa on the 11 o'clock news tonight?

Lexwhat
05-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Did you read -- Levi is not healthy right now. He can't pass any physical - yet!

Which is why I said "assuming he's healthy."

acehole
05-15-2009, 07:00 AM

Better get the beer guy in game shape...trent is sure to live up to his injury prone status I warned you guys about.

I agree with the other guy this has been a good offseason and I have been following the Bills for a long while. Pisa is a proven LB and would be great on the bills. I remember when we lost J Jennings I thought the same thing you are right now...we lived without him as we will with J Peters. Jennings when on to suck and we were lucky we did not give him a boat load. It will take years to figure if S Nelson and Woods are good players to call it a failure. As good as you think Edwards might be he still gave us the same 7-9 season as we had before...jury is still out weather he is an improvement. I think with the offseason additions and additional weapons we have lacked a side of Evans the QB position will improve inspite of the agruments that "it doent mater what the qb has around him" it does and if Trent can stay heathy you will see that it does. Just sit back and enjoy the season or *****...it is up to you...

I for one think we had a good offseason. Only time will tell.
Pisa would be icing on the cake.

Jan Reimers
05-15-2009, 07:19 AM
Tinoisamoa is one more small piece of the puzzle. If we sign him to go with Poz and Mitchell, we will be fairly good at LB. Ellison, Digiorgio and Costanzo are veteran backups, while Bowen, Harris, Buggs and Palmer will fight them for roster spots.

Signing Pisa is not a playoff clinching move, but in combination with our other offseason moves, it inches us closer.

mybills
05-15-2009, 09:07 AM
if he sucks everyone will call him a pisa ****.