PDA

View Full Version : Pat or Sal....Piso news!!!

homeslice5484
05-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Cmon guys...got anything for us?!

Lexwhat
05-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Here:

Unfortunately, I"m covering amateur golf right now until July. I am covering the Bills come training camp, though of course that does nothing for anyone today.

Scumbag College
05-14-2009, 05:10 PM
I thought the PGA was dull... amateur golf must be like watching paint dry.

Raptor
05-14-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm sure if they had anything they would share it

BillsWin
05-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Pisa and the Bills are in contract talks as we speak. http://www.profootballcentral.com/20...king-contract/ (http://www.profootballcentral.com/2009/05/14/tinoisamoa-and-buffalo-talking-contract/) there is a link in case you don't want to believe me personally. Both sides really like each other and will try to get a deal done. I posted a thread, I believe it was Tuesday, saying that both teams would move into this visit with intent to sign. It has taken a few days because he was scheduled to visit Wednesday, but didn't arrive until this morning. However, both sides have been negotiating and his physical went very well. Expect Pisa to be a Bill very soon.

WeAreArthurMoates
05-14-2009, 06:50 PM
However, both sides have been negotiating and his physical went very well. Expect Pisa to be a Bill very soon.

God I hope your right.

Goobylal
05-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Pisa and the Bills are in contract talks as we speak. http://www.profootballcentral.com/20...king-contract/ (http://www.profootballcentral.com/2009/05/14/tinoisamoa-and-buffalo-talking-contract/) there is a link in case you don't want to believe me personally. Both sides really like each other and will try to get a deal done. I posted a thread, I believe it was Tuesday, saying that both teams would move into this visit with intent to sign. It has taken a few days because he was scheduled to visit Wednesday, but didn't arrive until this morning. However, both sides have been negotiating and his physical went very well. Expect Pisa to be a Bill very soon.
Someone reported that the two sides were $2M/year apart. I hope that was false.

BillsWin
05-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Someone reported that the two sides were $2M/year apart. I hope that was false.

I haven't heard that yet, but that would be very interesting. Thanks.

jimbohastle51
05-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Someone reported that the two sides were $2M/year apart. I hope that was false. who reported that? i the only thing around $2m a year i have seen reported that had anything to do with the bills was fred jacksons contract numbers being around that.

Michael82
05-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Come on Buffalo....don't **** this up! We need a LB and we already let all the others sign. :mad:

:pray:

jimbohastle51
05-14-2009, 07:14 PM
this is getting done. alot of the problem was him not getting in till late yesterday and them not getting his physical until this afternoon. his agent and the bills have been negotiating most of the day, this will get done.

BillsWin
05-14-2009, 07:18 PM
this is getting done. alot of the problem was him not getting in till late yesterday and them not getting his physical until this afternoon. his agent and the bills have been negotiating most of the day, this will get done.
Me and Jimbo have been trading info back and forward and everything lines up. I would just relax because all signs point to an inevitable signing. I think everyone is just freaking out because this is a dead period for NFL news. The period from the draft to training camp is always a tense time. This signing would be a sign of life and something to talk about.

jimbohastle51
05-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Me and Jimbo have been trading info back and forward and everything lines up. I would just relax because all signs point to an inevitable signing. I think everyone is just freaking out because this is a dead period for NFL news. The period from the draft to training camp is always a tense time. This signing would be a sign of life and something to talk about.

as well as be closure to our biggest needs so we could start having good training camp debates, and concentrate on how the O-line battles will shake out.

Jeff1220
05-14-2009, 08:21 PM
They should aim to have him signed in time for him to take care of odds and ends over the weekend before participating in OTAs Monday.

Michael82
05-14-2009, 08:42 PM
My guess is that there will be a Press Conference welcoming him to Buffalo tomorrow and he will take part in the OTAs next week.

homeslice5484
05-14-2009, 08:50 PM
hope so...

dasaybz
05-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Wow you guys are acting like we are about to sign Lawrence Taylor.

The Spaz
05-14-2009, 08:59 PM

He is Taylor compared to Ellison...lol

mikemac2001
05-14-2009, 09:33 PM

Everyone is bored.......nothing going on

I knew nothing about the guy a week ago

i think he is an upgrade tho would like him and levi before training camp

theanswer74
05-14-2009, 09:37 PM
If we sign him he automatically becomes our best LB. So yes, this is big.

jimbohastle51
05-14-2009, 09:39 PM
i dont know about our best LB, but he will be a sure fire starter (weather they say it is a open competition or not with ellison, pisa will easily win that battle).

Commissioner
05-14-2009, 09:40 PM
If we sign him he automatically becomes our best LB. So yes, this is big.

Is he really that good? I hardly knew of the guy until last week.

theanswer74
05-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Is he really that good? I hardly knew of the guy until last week.

Not that he is Derrick Brooks, but IMO he is better than Poz and Kawika Mitchell as it stands right now.

This guy is very aggressive and very fast.

Some people say he is too small, watch him blow up the play in the backfield on 4th and 1.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8041ed9d/Rams-Defense-Highlight-WK-0-vs-Saints-2007

We just don't have LB's that attack like this guy does and has his instincts. I think he will be a steal.

If he was a free agent he would have been IMO the #1 OLB for our defense. Cato June did get a lot of tackles, but he was not an aggressive or instinctive player. Pisa is.

clumping platelets
05-14-2009, 10:33 PM
:tap:

Coach Sal
05-14-2009, 10:35 PM
I appreciate the fact you guys look to me. You know if/when I have anything really relevant and concrete I post it.

I've been very busy with a lot of things lately. Some media stuff. Some personal.

I just got back from my TV show. I had Tim McCarver in studio for an hour!! The show will be up on my site by tomorrow night. Hope you can check it out.

As far as Pisa, I don't know anything about the actually discussions any more than anyone else has reported. What I do know, however, is that if he leaves OBD without a deal and heads off to either Chicago or New England, it will be tough to get him back and get a deal. Those are the two teams I know are interested other than the Bills (could be more, but I haven't heard any others for sure). Because the Bills have committed X amount of dollars already this offseason, they probably wouldn't be able to outbid the Bears or Pats for his services.

So, if it becomes a bidding war, the Bills are out early. If he likes Buffalo enough and feels it's the right fit and doesn't want to just go to the highest bidder, the Bills are obviously in a good position. But this shouldn't drag on either way.

Goobylal
05-14-2009, 10:37 PM
I appreciate the fact you guys look to me. You know if/when I have anything really relevant and concrete I post it.

I've been very busy with a lot of things lately. Some media stuff. Some personal.

I just got back from my TV show. I had Tim McCarver in studio for an hour!! The show will be up on my site by tomorrow night. Hope you can check it out.

As far as Pisa, I don't know anything about the actually discussions any more than anyone else has reported. What I do know, however, is that if he leaves OBD without a deal and heads off to either Chicago or New England, it will be tough to get him back and get a deal. Those are the two teams I know are interested other than the Bills (could be more, but I haven't heard any others for sure). Because the Bills have committed X amount of dollars already this offseason, they probably wouldn't be able to outbid the Bears or Pats for his services.

So, if it becomes a bidding war, the Bills are out early. If he likes Buffalo enough and feels it's the right fit and doesn't want to just go to the highest bidder, the Bills are obviously in a good position. But this shouldn't drag on either way.
The Pats won't pay him much, at least not more than the Bills would be willing to pay him. The Bears OTOH might, depending on their cap situation.

feldspar
05-14-2009, 11:00 PM
Cmon guys...got anything for us?!

Pat or Sal are fine, but they are only a half-step ahead of anyone else at best. When news is reported, we'll hear it.

Coach Sal
05-14-2009, 11:06 PM
Pat or Sal are fine, but they are only a half-step ahead of anyone else at best. When news is reported, we'll hear it.

Being a half-step ahead is better than being a half-step behind.

Sometimes I'm way farther than a half-step ahead.

Sometimes I don't know anything until everyone else does.

All depends on the situation and how many JuJu Beans I have to bribe my sources with. ;)

feldspar
05-14-2009, 11:15 PM

All depends on the situation and how many JuJu Beans I have to bribe my sources with. ;)

All true enough.

You know I didn't mean any offense. I'm sure you know more than me about what's happening behind the scenes, but the inside slant is always littered with a bunch of IFs...so it's not clear what's going to happen even if you know more. Everything could point in one direction, then we go the other way. While it's interesting, it's also a form of torture.

Mad Bomber
05-15-2009, 12:16 AM

:bf1:

bigbub2352
05-15-2009, 09:23 AM
Guys like Coach Sal and Pat bring the news here to us for free i wouldnt criticize it
better than the lies and assumptions posted on a daily basis here

don137
05-15-2009, 09:34 AM

Sal, when you say they would not be able to outbid Chicago and NE does take into account the money they planned to spend on Jason Peters that they never ended spending (Wood-who the Bills got with the Peters pick- will be much cheaper than Peters)? IMO, and I can be wrong, I would of thought not long terming Peters freed up more cash. Not sure if the money used to extend Stroud was intended for Peters but used on Stroud when they gave up on extending him.

Coach Sal
05-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Sal, when you say they would not be able to outbid Chicago and NE does take into account the money they planned to spend on Jason Peters that they never ended spending (Wood-who the Bills got with the Peters pick- will be much cheaper than Peters)? IMO, and I can be wrong, I would of thought not long terming Peters freed up more cash. Not sure if the money used to extend Stroud was intended for Peters but used on Stroud when they gave up on extending him.

Let's take this in pieces.

First, Wood will actually make more than Peters was being paid originally, as far as cash. Peters was scheduled to make about $4 million this year.
2008 #28 pick received $6.1 mil signing bonus.
2007 #28 pick received $5.6 mil signing bonus
That means Wood will get about $6.5 million upfront as the #28 pick this year.

They also had the #11 pick (Maybin) who will cost about $13 mil upfront. Leodis got $12.6 mil at #11 last year. Patrick Willis got $12 mil as the #11 the year prior.

They signed T.O. to $6.5 mil for one year, so obviously that's all cash now.

(6.5) + (6.5) + (13) = 26 mil not including Fred Jackson, the other rookies, Stroud, and the other free agents like Hangartner, etc. who will get/got upfront cash.

And remember, whatever they planned on spending, the Dockery and Royal cuts were already figured into that because those cuts were made before free agency began, and before the Peters deal.

Even if they budgeted for giving Peters, say, $15 mil upfront on a new deal, and then go out and spend some money on FAs, that number of $26 mil-plus doesn't give them a lot of room to play with under their original budget.

I have no idea what that budget number is, but they do have a budget and signing Pisa would have to either fit into it or they'd have to make a move or two to make it fit.

Hope that helps.

clumping platelets
05-15-2009, 11:44 AM
:dizzy: